Next update, when? [Season 2]

You know Perblue really should start adding new franchises that are Pixar on the Blue Team because most of them are on the Red Team and a couple are on the Yellow Team and two are on Blue Team however if Elio was on the big screen now, then we would have seen him at the end of the year on the Red Team in fact all the movies that came out in March ended up in the game on the Red Team, However, I like that Perblue decides to slow down on new characters because there’s a lot of heroes that we don’t use that need the work

Well the only two Pixars not claimed are Cars and the Good Dinosaur. And out of the two, the Good Dinosaur is the best play.

Well we know Cars can’t come due to size issues which means The Good Dinosaur is the only one left

Oh and Lightyear, Elemental

We all know Lightyear will be on the Blue Team because it’s Buzz Lightyear’s movie and Elemental is unknown but in my prediction it’s probably gonna be Yellow Team

That is because the devs don´t even try to see why I suggested having disks that give 100% of the base stats (from badges).
If you think about it - it makes sense. But then they make the maxed disks only give like 20% of base stats, which makes them almost useless - again?

1 Like

No matter how many times people say this, it doesn’t suddenly become true.

Cars is unlikely not impossible. There is a difference.

Kermit was once unlikely. And he came. Things change. Different people in development take a gander at something and eventually things happen differently than one other person thinks.

Cars is not impossible.

9 Likes

Cars sounds impossible

1 Like

Ok.

It isn’t.

1 Like

But I heard perblue said cars cant come due to licensing issues…

I thought that was Tarzan

1 Like

From what they said on here before (even if there maybe an opposite of purrel chance of them changing their minds, this makes it nearly impossible but anything is possible later on)….

-No cars due to sizing issues
-No high school musical characters
-No Star Wars, Fox affiliates like Simpsons etc, and no marvel characters

Other forumers, not perblue staff as far as I remember , have said Tarzan can’t come due to licensing issues.

1 Like

Mr. Potato Head also falls under the licensing category

1 Like

I think this whole licensing debacle is just another debunked myth.

Since we already have Slinky Dog and he is from Just Play

So are Tarzan, Mary Poppins and Potato Head unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Mmm. Not so much

2 Likes

Don’t forget Miraculous Ladybug

Patch notes this Friday

1 Like

Ok let me clear some things up:

@Loutre once said that the Dev team had been refused access to High School Musical and that the Dev team was having trouble with and found it unlikely they would successfully implement Cars. The same was once said of Kermit.

Mary Poppins is based on a book, however Disney still has good relations with estate of the original author and Mary Poppins has been in Emoji Blitz for example. So nothing particularly makes her unlikely aside from Disney needing to pay more royalties to the estate each time they use her. So if they don’t see DHBM as a viable means making bank they won’t do it.

Mr. Potato Head, and Barbie, like Slinky also requires realties be paid to another company. However as we saw with Slinky it IS possible.

Miraculous falls into a funny place where, Disney is only the distributor in America (and many other English speaking countries). The show is originally from France is originally made in French and is produced by a French company. Miraculous has never been featured in any Disney game because it isn’t Disney. The same goes for Bluey, some 2000s English releases of Studio Ghibli movies and a few other things Disney only DISTRIBUTED.

And obviously it’s an established fact that Disney has instructed Perblue not to use Marvel/Star Wars/Other Lucasfilm Properties. It should however be noted that in more recent Dev Q&As Perblue has noted that Disney is getting more lax about Fox. Several Disney games have been permitted to use Ice Age. So only time will tell. But we can likely assume no Simpsons/Family Guy/Futurama/etc.

I understand that not of you will know or get the legal terms I used. But I wanted to be accurate.

7 Likes

Same can be said for Tarzan, correct?

Well to be fair, we have POTC in the game and it is for mature audiences. And the shows mentioned here are very popular.

And yet they used Star Wars and Indiana Jones in both Magic Kingdom and Emoji Blitz. So, it wouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Anyway, my problem with Star Wars is less licensing and more along the lines of repetitive skillsets. Characters in Star Wars are one of three things: a jedi knight, a blaster wielder, or a droid.

Think about it: Jedi knights like Luke, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan would utilize a lightsaber and the force while some one like Hans Solo, Princess Leia, and Poe Dameron would be their blaster and gunships. And droids are just useless in a game like this.

If Disney ever changed their mind about adding more subsidiaries. It would have to be Marvel. It would be interesting to see how the characters here interact with people that have powers, tech, and magic that could quite possibly surpasses their own.

3 Likes

Are you talking to PB? Is that a question or a statement, because I feel like only the cap raise is announced on Friday. Is there a new client update going to be announced @Justus?

1 Like

Yes. But Tarzan is less likely that Mary Poppins.

However, Pirates Of The Caribbean is 100% Disney property and was introduced before the acquisition of Fox.

Those shows are for more mature audiences and we don’t want to increase the E Rating of this game right now.

Magic Kingdom isn’t the best example because they have more liberty of IPs that can be used in the game. The only conditions are if the property is show in any Disney park (That’s why Star Wars and Indiana Jones are there, probably Avengers soon because Avengers Academy zone and Avatar [James Cameron] too.) or if the property is 100% Disney/Pixar.

The only rule for including those characters is that they can’t interact with other IPs. Which here doesn’t apply due to the nature of the story and game.

EDIT #1 - The only property that is out of any of those conditions (probably because the Ice Age 6 is under Disney brand) is Ice Age.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney