Not a fan of the new Coliseum and Arena set up

I think the ones in front now are standing there because they have thought about it. Because a war is not always won by the strongest, but there are enough examples where the clever one wins in the end because he has seen options that others have not seen. If someone is almost 100 points ahead, it will not be without reason.

And you never never change anything in the middle of a season just because some people don’t like it. As long as the rules are followed and no one uses hacks, everything is okay.
If a change was made here in the middle of the season, the credibility of the developer would be pretty much destroyed

This is an exploit, not a strategy. This isn’t Sun Tzu’s The Art of War. It’s a video game and the people that set their lines to single toons knew full well this wasn’t what the devs intended.

3 Likes

Then the developer should not have installed it on all live servers after 1 month test phase.

And just for the record, even if they changed the 5 toons now, the same thing would happen to exat as it does now.
I already wrote yesterday that my line-up for next week is already set. And this one is as absurd as the one in the current season.

The problem is not the player who just plays by the rules and goes to the extreme, but the system that can’t work in this kind of game.

Next week the same thing will happen again.

In addition, if you would change something now, the winner is not the one who is strongest, but the one who is online first. Which is really unfair, just the different time zones.

You’d fit in nicely on S2 :eyes: :roll_eyes:

I’ve seen a lot of “no, that won’t work” but no ideas on anything better… ?

2 Likes

So for the kind that is implemented here there will always be a list that makes it absurd.
There are just too many toons with too many possibilities of abilities.

It will be hard to find something where you will see a standard wartime lineup at the top of the ranking.

My solution would be to put the system aside and develop something else.
If a basic framework is not really useful, every idea is no longer optimal.

SunnyVII hat Recht.
Polaris so geht das nicht… Wir müssen zum alten System zurück.

1 Like

One of the problems with this kind of competition is that at some point a meta crystallizes.
So that at some point the time comes when everyone has set the same thing up.

This has nothing to do with whether there are 1,2,3,4 or 5 toons.
As soon as a meta is clear, everyone plays it if they want to win.

Of course it’s harder with 5 toons, but as soon as somebody plays it, which he doesn’t have to do immediately, and a second person sees it and especially realizes why, a chain reaction happens

This times written in advance before now here someone comes to the idea to write that all have the same set up.

Yeah, usually metas only change when the main character of a meta is nerfed (like Jafar), or when an even stronger charactrer/a counter is released (for example T&P against the Merlin/Barbossa meta). Seeing the current meta on S1 (I’ve seen mostly Pooh/Magica/Facilier combo), I’m quite sure this will remain around unless Pooh and Facilier are nerfed, because I can’t think of a stronger beatable character. Especially Pooh is WAY stronger than pre-nerf Randall, which made him an obvious choice for this meta. Seriously, what were they thinking when they gave him the highest damage potential ever AND an 80% slow for a whole team that doesn’t even expire?!

2 Likes

The issue isn’t the slow. Animal (Go) exists, you know. But just add Randall (Yz) into the mix and you got an unbeatable team.

Also, I thought slows also made the cooldowns for skills of basic attacks longer. Pooh’s stacks of honey don’t extend any cooldown though. @Polaris?

Once the next season has started and your lineup is public, would you mind posting it here so people not in your server can also see it? I’m genuinely curious as to what you think will break the system now.

Wow, this is really good. Well thought out. I was so tired of Arena and Colosseum the way it was. As long as there is still a time lock on lineups, it should be good.

Great job.

This will place the more p2p guilds above us even more now. They buy those $100 deals and fully max the new guys out every time. Now they’ll get even more bonus points for that? Great…why do I even bother anymore. They slaughter us and now they’ll get even more points for it. Just perfect. Now we really don’t stand a chance.

1 Like

A other problem @Polaris what should be looked in to.
I am living in europe and was 3rd in coli and arena. I went to bed like 02.30. When i woke up i was 6th. Everyone changed their defence the last 20min.

Please ask the devellopment to make a block, so last 6-24 hours defence cant be changed. Because this will happen again. Only drop defence instead of set defence.

1 Like

I think you just changed leagues

No i was in challanger. I got rewards of 6th instead of 3rd.

Because everyone receive rewards from final position on 2:59 AM - before arena/coli rewards.
It’s not like before from highest position all around day :frowning:

1 Like

I know thats what i say that because i am in a diff timezone i am screwed, because when i was awake i could fight them 2.

He’s quite right.
I had already written it long ago that some guilds will coordinate internally and determine the winner in an unfair way.
So why the hell is there still no line-up lockout in the last 6-12 hours.
That is so obvious…
The time is necessary because there are many different time zones around here.
Just because of this you can see that the player is interesting to the developer 0 and it’s all about maximizing profit. Clearly income is important for the developer but such a and above all not at all to end thought it system does not work at all.

And I write this as an Arena winner

2 Likes

Now that 1.17.10 is live, I don’t know that the penalty points for 1 hero lines goes far enough.
I took 2 of them out, getting 1000 points each in arena.
1000 is still less than I normally get from a 5/5 line (usually ~1200 last season)

That said, scoring this season is different, so still TBD. Just some early thoughts.

Either way, it’s a major improvement though :+1:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney