Off duty question?

So question…

If a toon is “off duty” offensively for war , why isn’t it removed for defenses?

I mean if a toon is off duty, shouldn’t it be not available either way , logically?

Can you explain why this isn’t the case @Loutre , @Nugget , @Elliot , @Polaris or any other pb employee on the forums?

Agreed with the logic
However, since war defenses are set before war begins and off duty heroes are announced
It would also be very unfair to auto replace a hero in a defense if it was off duty

• example of someone who is offline for a few days due to holiday.

A nice thing could be that off duty heroes are set per month? And a week before the season starts the defense off duties would be announced?
Something that would bring some variety in defenses?
But would not hold my breath for any change like this before the game ends.

See I think it should be if it off duty one way should be off duty the other way. The game doesn’t wait for no one in other aspects of the game so someone being on Holiday not really a valid reason. Personally I say just get rid of off duty, it’s war … or do it both ways.

The timing would just be difficult to implement
How long do you give people to update their defences if Ian is sudden off duty today?
Or Meg, or Zeus, or Angel?

1 hour?
1 day?
2 days?
A week?

You got a day same time when off duty announced.

Many reasons why I wouldn’t want this -

• it’s hard enough getting people to attack in war, let alone update their defence for every single war

• it’s the same for both guilds, so while inconvenient it’s not entirely ‘unfair’

• the max off duty count is only when you’re already in Legendary, so at that point it doesn’t really matter, and it’s a pretty low amount of heroes until then

• giving people the sabotage phase to change their defence means the attacking guild will have literally no idea what lineups they will actually be facing

:thinking:

The off duty isn’t perfect but I don’t mind the idea, and once MMR matchmaking is improved maybe they can look at it. Maybe some sort of pick/ban system would be more interesting than the current ‘random’ selection :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No well this won’t work

Because sabotage phase starts when off duties are announced.
This is also when defenses are locked in, so people can start sparring
Off duties in defense should be announced before this then, which increases the war rotation from a 2 day to a 3/4day delay which is not great

Pipsqueak also said this, have been trying to get people to update defenses for a month now
Imagine the chaos when a random hero is replaced with a random hero every 2nd day - no thanks

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney