Off the Hook Unlikely Concept

Hello everyone! I am back once again with an unlikely concept! To go alongside the Squid Sisters concept I made a while ago, this is one of the duo from Splatoon 2: Off the Hook!

Off the Hook
Source: Splatoon 2
Off the Hook
Description: This fresh new pop star duo knows how to put on a show!

Quote: “Don’t get cooked! Stay off the hook!”

Stats
Role: Control

Position: Back

Stars: :star:

Trial Team: Blue

Animations
Entrance: Pearl and Marina walk up to their spot, Marina wheeling her turntable up with her.

Basic attack: Pearl pulls out her Splat Dualies and fires at an enemy.

Victory: They perform a victory pose.

Defeat: They gasp and step back in shock.

Skills
White - Princess Cannon (Fantastic Damage)
Pearl pulls out her Princess Cannon and shouts at enemies in front of her, silencing them and dealing X damage to them over 9 seconds.

Green - Color Pulse (Fantastic Damage)
Marina scratches her turntable, dealing X damage to a random enemy and either silencing them for 12 seconds, sapping them for 10 seconds, or reducing their movement speed by 75% for 8 seconds.

Blue - Fly Octo Fly (Fantastic Damage)
Marina calls in a hyperbomb that explodes, dealing X damage to enemies in an area and blinding them for 8 seconds.

Purple - Acid Hues
Silences applied by Pearl & Marina and their allies last 4 seconds longer if their targets are above 50% of their Max HP.

Red - Ebb & Flow
Pearl & Marina are healed for X HP whenever an enemy is silenced.
“Fly Octo Fly” also applies 2 stacks of Fatigue to enemies. This has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.
+X Skill Power
+X Armor
+X Reality

Friendships
Off the Hook/Miss Piggy
Campaign: “Inkopolis News” - Pearl and Marina want to host a news channel like they do back in Inkopolis. Miss Piggy offers to host a segment… or rather, the whole show. (Allies: Clawhauser, Powerline, Kermit)

Disk: “News to Me” - Boosts Damage vs. Silenced Enemies
+X Max HP
+X Basic Damage to allies
Pearl & Marina deal 12% (+12% per star) more damage to Silenced enemies.

Off the Hook/Kim Possible
Campaign: “Octo Investigation” - Pearl & Marina receive a distress call from Cap’n Cuttlefish, and they ask Kim Possible to help them investigate it. (Allies: Gerald, Marlin, & Nemo, Darkwing Duck, Barbossa)

Disk: “C. Q. Kim-ber” - Steal Energy with “Color Pulse”
+X Skill Power
When Pearl & Marina damage an enemy with “Color Pulse”, they steal 50 Energy (+50 Energy per star) from them.

Notes:

• Similar to my Squid Sisters concept, most of Off the Hook’s skills’ names are titles of songs they sing in Splatoon 2.
    • “Color Pulse” is sung in the game plaza during Splatfests. Marina is known for using a turntable, which is why this skill is based off of her using it.
    • “Fly Octo Fly” is sung during the final boss of the Octo Expansion DLC. There, the final boss is a giant statue known as the NILS Statue that the player must cover in ink using the hyper bombs to prevent it from harnessing solar power to charge up a large cannon and destroying Inkopolis (hence the blind).
    • “Acid Hues” and “Ebb & Flow” are songs that can be heard when playing during Splatfest.
  • The Princess Cannon is what Pearl uses at the end of Octo Expansion to ultimately destroy the NILS Statue by yelling into it (hence the Silence). This is what it looks like:
    Princess Cannon
  • This is what a hyperbomb looks like:
    Hyperbomb
  • C. Q. Cumber was a minor character in Octo Expansion who served as the one who took you to the various levels of the DLC. I combined his name with Kim’s as a pun for the Kim disk memory.

I hope you guys enjoy!

18 Likes

Interesting concept, I have never played Splatoon but this is a fun concept!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney