One hero defenses=troll

Pretty much that; due to the points balance and because (especially in the top leagues) every defence is beatable, it was much more important to stuff your defence with stall heroes than to actually build one that was difficult to beat, and usually also more important than preventing bonus points being earned.

Removing the QW bonus entirely is clearly not working, as isn’t having bonus points with set increments since that adds a race factor which can’t ever be good

2 Likes

Considering all the perblue staff contributions here i think we have our answer.
We are more and more that wonder about moving from this game…
Perblue don’t care. As long as the whales throw their money it’s good.

Yeah yeah negative message.

But do this game staff deserve anything else ?

I still think the best solution would be to have both Quick Win bonus points and the other two bonuses as well, but have the other two bonuses be worth at least as much as the QW bonus, or even a bit more. E.g., QW bonus is 750 points, and starts going down 10 points per second starting after 3 (or 5 or whatever) seconds; the other two bonuses should then be worth up to 400 or 500 points each. That way, unless the other bonuses are poorly chosen (such as having a bonus for using fantastic damage when normal damage is disabled, cough cough), players will have to balance using heroes that take time to beat and heroes that make earning points harder.

3 Likes

Not holding my breath for anything to change
The last 3 seasons the rules were poorly chosen

It is very very clear that less and less time is spent on the game, and this is one game mode that can just be put on auto and random rules assigned and it will be “fine”

2 Likes

With over 200 heroes available and only 2 different ways to score points it will always inevitably lead to dead end/repeating boring lines.
To keep everything fun and playable there has to be at least 5+ ways to score points at the same time, possibly even more.

For example 1 of 3 damage types, 2-3 skill based, 2 defensive based. Then to have line difficulty ratio for every defense and offense as well as difficulty ratio bonus based on opponents’s legacy rankings…
Possibilities are infinite.

Having 5+ ways to score base points, mutliplied by several difficulty ratios would be a dream come true for me. Wet dream unfortunately.

2 Likes

Whatever rule Perblue applies to arena it will be the same thing for the top division. Top players know the mechanics so well that they will adapt to every change so it doesn’t matter if this means hades,hatter, joy lines all over the place or solo hatters. Competitive players will find a way to make the most out of every situation and all the rest won’t like it because from the best is how the meta is defined.
Saying that, it’s better having a meta where different scores can be achieved with careful thinking or sometimes luck than having a solo line that just a specific score can be achieved, everyone will tie and the first person from the US will just claim victory. :joy:
I don’t understand how people refuse to see that!

2 Likes

Anyone with brain cells can see this is clearly worse than quick fights. Ultimately people are going to set a defense to try and make sure others can’t score much on them which leads to people just copying others defenses. The difference is the stall lines in the past you could still score using the other rules of the season, making it competitive even If it was boring to fight the same teams. Now it’s just fighting a single toon and everyone gets the same score no matter what making it a completely pointless game mode. We knew this would happen because all we did was revert arena and coli back to its original state where everyone set single toon defenses. The people complaining about quick fights either didn’t remember because they don’t do arena or coli or they prefer it this way because they’re just not good at it.

5 Likes

Finally, someone speaking the truth!! Thank you. I agree 100%

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney