Over 200 heroes, can we get rid of the arbitrary time sink with skill point cooldowns?

With over 200 heroes, several new a month, and a level cap increase each month, the skill points resource is absurd. Each level cap is 20 point per hero and they recharge at a crawl. You can buy resets, but it’s 1000 diamonds for 100 resets which each give 10. A diamond per skill point is crazy when there’s so many.

Can we just let skill points be free to allocate other than the gold cost?

13 Likes

I did vouche for skill point cap equal to… at least team level several times by now.

Please @Samm can the team change it entirely? Even half the team level scaling would be okey, but not like 40 something (and even that with VIP only).

3 Likes

Cap increase would be nice and so would a faster regen rate. They’re so slow right now and it takes all day of consistently watching it just to be able to level up a single hero. New players have no shot if veterans are having issues keeping up. But that just seems to be the nature of this game

2 Likes

I think we’re still on the “one every three weeks, plus extras on special occasions” schedule, it’s just that we had three special occasions within roughly a month’s time recently.

Regardless, I agree with the overall argument: skill points need to be discontinued or, at least, given a major overhaul. Increasing the cap by 10 or 20 (or even 30 or 40, for really big spenders) is woefully insufficient; the generation time needs to be halved, and the cap raised so that it takes at least 12 hours to hit the maximum.

2 Likes

It is a well-known fact that EVERYONE hate skill points but they just don’t care :confused::confused::confused:

1 Like

I’ll pass it along as a suggestion to take into consideration.

4 Likes

The main problem here is that in total you effectively need:

(380+380+360+340) x 200+ = 292,000+ skill points overall.

And the skill point cap was not changed since… pretty much the beginning of the game.
When you needed say…

(75+75+55+35) x 25 = 6,000 skill points, wholly 48.5+ times less.
If we were to judge, the cap should be 10 x 48.5 + VIP extras (which should stay…)
And I am personally just asking for “Team Level/2” cap. Which still is 2.5-3 times less than should be.

Same problem is still with stamina though…

3 Likes

Not just stamina. Pretty much every resource. We get some buffs to them, but they’re not even close to the amount it increases

2 Likes

Yes, but for many heroes, the rank dictates Max HP though… and that is fairly problematic…
You could definitely make it so it depended 50/50 on Rank AND Hero Level, but I don’t think the team wants that any time soon… or? @Samm maybe a suggestion for future refreshes?

Cause I know the refreshes give Hero Levels a bit of a weight but like… could even give Max HP to every hero via Red Skills and make it 1/3, 1/3 and 1/3.

1 Like

Honestly, whose idea was it, to even implement skill points?! Having to pay gold to level up a character’s skill is enough. Nobody should have to wait until the game gives them permission to do so, or have to spend diamonds on said permission.

2 Likes

Well, this died rather quickly.

The last comment is pretty good though. Why restrict anything if you have enough gold? There is no disbalance in letting everyone upgrade what they want. If anything, it contributes to more balance @Samm.

And the X skill points cap for high VIP level players can be compensated by an additional small discount to the levelling of skills, say up to 4%.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was pretty bummed it died off so quickly…

Well, there’s not much to say except, “Yes, I agree.” It’s hard to have a long discussion about that.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney