Part of Our World - Ariel concept (The Little Mermaid)

Ariel (from The Little Mermaid)

Inquisitive and enchanted by all things human, Ariel sifts through wondrous human artifacts while singing the songs of her people to dazzle enemies and allies alike!
Role: Support
Position: Back
Trial Team: Blue

“I wanna be where the people are…”

Basic Animations

Entrance: A wave rushes on-screen, carrying Ariel and clumsily placing her on the rock that appears in the backline. She readjusts herself hastily to face the enemy team.

Basic Attack: While not using any abilities, Ariel holds her hand above her chest while closing her eyes and singing a gentle aria.

Victory: Scuttle lands next to Ariel, beaming with pride. A very stern Sebastian appears to scold Ariel, but Ariel picks him up and proudly shows him the fallen enemy team, smiling from ear to ear while Sebastian looks haggard and totally done with this girl’s shenanigans.

Defeat: Ariel falls sideways off her rock. She attempts to pull herself back up, but slips and falls again before curling up and weeping into her hands.

Skills

:white_circle: White Skill - Mermaid Song

• Passive: Ariel is perched upon her rock. Instead of a basic attack, Ariel applies a heal over time on all allies and herself, healing for X (determined by Basic Damage) every second as long as she remains on her rock.
  • Active: Ariel bursts into song, reducing the damage dealt by all enemies’ basic attacks and skills by 60% for 10 seconds. The damage reduction has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.
  • Animation: Ariel lunges forward on her rock, letting out a sweet melody before returning to her default position. Enemies are briefly surrounded by red musical notes.

:green_circle: Green Skill - Scuttle (:sparkles:)

• Ariel’s friend Scuttle flies above the battlefield, looking for human relics. Each time any ally or enemy uses their White Skill, a relic falls on the ground beneath the enemy team.
  • Every 12 seconds, Scuttle dives and collects the relics, dealing X (determined by Skill Power) Fantastic damage each time he passes by an enemy. Scuttle then returns the relics to Ariel, boosting the heal over time from Mermaid Song by 4% for each relic obtained (up to a maximum of 40%) for 15 seconds.
  • Animation: Scuttle flies in, zigzagging across the enemy team and picking up the artifacts with his beak before bringing them to Ariel. After depositing them beside the background side of her rock, he salutes and flies off-screen.

:large_blue_circle: Blue Skill - Whozits & Whatsits

• Ariel discovers a music box and opens it, and all allies who hear its gentle tune become Energized for 7 seconds. Energized allies gain an additional 45 Energy when they hit with their basic attacks and skills. The Energize has a chance to fail against allies above level X.
  • Animation: Ariel reaches to the background side of her rock and pulls up a square music box. She opens it, musical notes emanate from it, and Ariel’s face lights up with wonder. She then sets the music box down beside her.

:purple_circle: Purple Skill - Up Where They Walk

• While Ariel is on her rock, she and her allies take 25% reduced damage. When Ariel is knocked off of her rock by a knockback effect, she and her allies deal 25% increased damage. These effects are less powerful on allies above level X.
  • Animation: Ariel slips sideways off the rock, and scrambles back on with zero grace, pushing hair out of her face before reassuming her default position.

:red_circle: Red Skill - Melody of the Fathoms Below (:sparkles:)

• Allies who attack enemies that are under the effects of Mermaid Song ignore the enemy’s Evasion stat and deal X (determined by Skill Power) additional Fantastic damage to them. These effects have a chance to fail against enemies above level X.
    +X Skill Power
    +X Healing per second from Mermaid Song
    +X Evasion

Friend Disk Campaigns

:banjo: Disk #1 - "Human Music"
Ariel wants to know about the kinds of music that exist in the human world. She comes across Miguel playing his guitar, and after saying she loves the music he makes and wants to hear more, Miguel says he’ll show her some of his favorite musicians in the City.

• Partner: Miguel
  • Allies: King Louie, Stitch, Animal
  • Level Up:
    +X Basic Damage to Ariel and allies
    +X Reality to Ariel and allies
  • Stars:
    Ariel and allies begin each wave Energized for 4 (+1 per additional star) seconds.
    While Energized, Ariel and allies gain 45 Energy each time they basic attack, and their reality is increased by 10% (+10% per additional star).

:mountain: Disk #2 - "New Horizons"
Ariel is interested in stories of adventure in the worlds beyond the City, but finds it difficult to travel around without being reliant on rickshaws and taxis that have set schedules to follow. Rapunzel offers (Flynn Rider’s services to) take Ariel around–to tell her own tales of adventure as well as to visit some friends who have amazing tales of their own.

• Partner: Rapunzel
  • Allies: Flynn Rider, Moana, Belle
  • Level Up:
    +X Skill Power to Ariel
    +X Armor to Ariel
    Scuttle deals an additional X damage per enemy hit
  • Stars:
    For every 9 (reduced by 1 per star) relics Scuttle collects, Ariel and allies are given Reflect for 2 seconds (+0.5 seconds per star). Reflect prevents all damage done and deals that damage instead to the attacker.
10 Likes

This should be every 1 second only.

What do you mean by this? Percentage? There are missing variables in the white skill. Description is way to long.

Is this a variable or percentage? Description is too long.

When does Ariel gets knocked off her rock exactly?

This should be a variable or a percentage instead of reducing up to zero.

Missing variables.

Your concept is good (but it took me a long time to sort it out), and it can be better. Kindly check A Guide to Making Character Concepts by @Imagineer_V. All I can say it’s a good start. Don’t give up making concepts and do better in the future.

I hope this feedback does well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!!

I must actually say that I think it’s a very good concept for a first one. All elements are present and English is well enough that I understand what all skills and disk do.

There are always things that can be better, but I’m already quite impressed. Maybe an idea to submit to this contest?

1 Like

I’m a regular on the Discord, English is my native language, and I’m a writer (when I’m not a security guard). :V

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney