PerBlue, let's talk

The problem with trials is getting older badge bits are much easier to get so having them in trial still is somewhat baffling but somewhat not.

@Musketeer : I think I might have misunderstood the badge cost issue people are talking about a bit, like doing you mean the badge cost issue in terms of like the newest stages with a 14 stamina cost, or overall the stamina from White to max badge tier?

I am more so talking about the stamina issue in terms of when trying to badge up a character from scratch which I have done a fair amount of lately, but if you and others mean the stamina cost issue in terms of the newer stages I can understand it as well.

I mostly buy the newer badges in the stores, so not really grinding on new stages with a high badge cost.

@Phal It helps for a while and then changes yeah, but then again, that’s why I in idea 1 wrote that could choose the badges we wanted Trials to give us, even if you can only change the badges once a month or once a season it would still help i think.

Glad :-).

@Professor_Fidget_IX : Not 100% sure what you mean there, but yes getting older badges is easier, but can still be quite a grind getting characters up from scratch as in from White to your max tier.
But yes, I guess we have to wait and see on what PerBlue decide to do.

First let me say I appreciate your response in acknowledgement of things that are frequently complained about. With that said, I have to beg to differ right here. When people are heard action is taken. How many posts and complaints did we have to make just to get this reply? Actions speak louder than words my friend.

I’m really trying not to be rude here but you do realize that Perblue caused this, right? You guys were only concerned with pumping out heroes as fast as you could empty our bank accounts (oh and nerfing good ones in between) with absolutely no second thought to how your players felt about it.

Remember the rewards when invasion first came out? You remember.

The next update after that, when rewards were nerfed, XP drinks for example went from 1200 for 1 tier down to 200. It’s so funny you guys take things away quickly and very often but improvements are far and few in between.

Ok now that I’m done picking, I really do appreciate your acknowledgement of the real issues here and I genuinely hope this means good things for players in the future.

Edit to add; regarding invasion again, you really get only 2 options, both of which make players relatively happy:

Hard with great rewards (like the beginning) or easy with bad rewards (pre-gizmo need). I feel it’s safe to say we all preferred the great rewards.

12 Likes

It’s a huge problem, because we gets 4-6 new heroes per month, and the cost of getting the highest tier (now R11) is over 1300 stamina packs WITHOUT bag. First 500 gets you to R3/4 while all other stamina might not even be enough on occasions.

And it’s getting worse every 4 weeks, PB ignore this problem, nothing is changing, the gap is rising, players are leaving, player’s petitions of the terrible game status didn’t help at all so far, Polaris give an answer here, but so far it’s only words. And it was said about another increase of rewards, but last two were laughable BAD, do they really think 2k more gold is enough? If so, this game is hopeless and no matter what will die.

Guild gifts feature was some bright hope, but it was one of the biggest failure of this game which should not even be given to players.

Trials should be updated, yes, but did everyone forget the thing of diamond crates? They still don’t give orange and red badges!

And heroes, who test them? Because it seems like nobody, or for a very short term, we got Mulan, Tron, Jumba and Pleakley which kills everyone, but meanwhile, we got Basil, Goliath and King Louie - the losers which barely do anything.
And Gizmoduck nerf, still nothing was improved to any of his other skills; players’ $30 were put to a swamp.

3 Likes

I see and can technically understand it, but since personally I haven’t really experienced that issue all that much these days as I am been grinding a lot of lower stages that cost just 6 stamina.
Still yes, it sounds more than what is is healthy cost wise, so they should be lowered and I assume the most effective way would be to reduce the amount of badge bits needed. It is definitely too much that if the first 500 stamina packs get you to R3/R4 and you still need over the half to get to the max if it is still the same color.
I could maybe have understand it if it was in terms of to gold, but for the same color and having been through all of Orange and such it is definitely too much that the increase is over the half just within the same color.

I don’t know if Perblue is actively ignoring the issue of the stamina cost in terms of badges inflating/escalating too fast, but it is true that they haven’t taken action even if they might be discussing the issue. What we players of course need is that they in one way or another make the badge grind easier and more reasonable. While 2K more might help out beginners, it doesn’t help players at the top all that much. Still, we know there should be a reward/gold increase in 2.2. so hopefully it is more substantial.

As for Guild Gifts I agree that they could definitely have been better, but hopefully we at least get some good ones once in a while, even if yes the hero chips and invasion supply gifts aren’t really what we want yeah.

I haven’t forgotten about Diamond Crates and it is true that they should be updated to give Orange and Red badges, not just badge bits of Orange and Red badges. An another one in term of the Diamond Crates would be to remove blue badges and blue badge bits, they are best as Guild Crate rewards.
And yeah, good to see that you also agree that Trials should be updated, would help the badge grind a fair bit.

1 Like

Neither, you can get orange bits but this came from crate upgrade, not diamond crate itself, and red bits never drops.

And this is only possible if you use the bag, without is twice more :frowning:
The situation is terrible.

Well, well, this also should be updated.

Ah, might not have catch that, but yeah I see in terms of the badges.
I thought maybe Red badge bits dropped, but seems like they didn’t then. Adding them should help the badge grind to a bit.

Hum… . Just to ask, what do you think would be a reasonable amount stamina cost wise for getting getting from White to the top tier?
Would be interested to hear.

Yeah, removing Blue badges and Blue badge bits from the diamond crate should help the badge grind in terms of more expensive badges as well as making the Diamond Crates more valuable.

1 Like

Equality of stamina packs received from $5 deal, so for today, 700 x 66 stamina. That’s why reducing cost of stamina required to 6 per node will be really good move from PB.
$5 for maxing tiers for single hero seems fair, but for today it’s $13, and as we have over 115 heroes, too much.

Not to mention player still need to spend for disk power, speed-ups to get disk, all things around mods and finally red skills. So cost of really maxing a single hero would be around additional $30.

1 Like

I see, but 5 dollars for 115 characters would still be 575 dollars, which might over the price of a Playstation 5 so still quite a lot. However 115 characters for 13 dollars each would be 1495 dollars, which is definitely a lot and not really healthy for a player.

Although, I do understand that PerBlue need money in order to support the game and themselves in real life, I think the key is how they go about the way of getting money, like whether or not they try to have players be satisfied and the playing buying/spending because they enjoy the game, or to have the players low on resources most of the time and trying to get the to buy deals in order to try and catch up a bit even if they technically don’t want to spend money.

The fact that we dont know that before we start makes us feel scammed and robbed its an awful experience and feeling

5 Likes

@Polaris I don’t think that you guys really understand the gravity of the situation that you guys are in. If the Developers don’t make changes extremely quickly, your ship is going to sink extremely soon. If you can’t tell from this post, let me reiterate on behalf of all of your loyal customers: Our patience is running very thin.

11 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of good ideas that are both short and long term solutions so far. Reduction of raiding use of stamina regardless of level, inclusion of current gear badges in trials for the level, equality of deal purchases…PerBlue, I truly hope you are listening to your player base. Dont mire in the countless hours of debate about how to change things, when solid, non-economic breaking ideas are present. I do understand that there needs to be a happy balance in the end, as you cant have everyone at the top end of the spectrum overnight, but you can adjust is so that the average player base is sitting above 30% of competitive effectiveness. Realistically, a 40% increase in overall power and effectiveness in the dollar to time ratio would keep current high spenders where they approximately are, and drastically improve the game for the rest. Maintaining that kind of gain over four or five patches would nicely homogenize the playing experience across the board, easily providing an environment where even the most dedicated of players would have to use some thought in how they attack a more casual, daily player. Breaking the magical meta team of the current patch would be feasible for more players, increasing the challenge and potential. There are very few things more aggravating than coming to a full halt because you dont have the one specific anti-hero for the otherwise unbeatable uber team.

11 Likes

20 usd r10 character server 1
120 usd r0 character server 21

Darling its the same hero same method same path

different experience
Difference one hurts us more
112 characters 120 usd each
13,440usd total vs 2,240 usd total

Both are crazy high bro why did you even increase it higher… i can buy max level pack in World Of Warcraft for 500 accounts with that!!! Thats the s1 deals the s21 is 7.5 times more expensive

Its in the range of cars and cap is increasing so the price is increasing and its increasing x7.5 times in s21 and more in s22
By the time s21-22 reach r10 it would be cheaper to buy a house then max a single character

2 Likes

Being condescending is helping no one.

If you don’t like wasting your paychecks on the game then stop spending. You’re hurting yourself, not PerBlue.

Again, condescending. Also, Polaris is not necessarily involved with the financial side of things so stop accusing them.

If you would rather blow all your money on a Mobile game that can be played F2P than buying a house you clearly aren’t playing the game for the right reasons.

5 Likes

sorry, but I don’t think money spending isn’t value anymore

4 Likes

To further accommodate the ongoing strike and intice PB to keep talking with us, here comes some things you can do apart from striking that gives us momentum:
(please keep things truthful, where ever you go to say these things, we don’t want to stomp to their level)

1. Leave a review on the appstore you use. Tell them what you feel no holds barred.
  2. Spread information about the strike on any forum that it could be relevant on. Let them know why you strike and how.
  3. If you have a discord server, are a streamer or in a influencial position(guild leader etc), then use your platform. Spread awareness of the strike.
  4. Submit a ticket in regards to the strike, and what ever else you may feel is relevant. Burden them with their own way of running things.

Got something in mind we also could do? Please feel free to share it!
Strength in unity!

8 Likes

Please keep from personal attacks here, people. Were here for a reason, which is to communicate as best we can our thoughts and problems alongside potential solutions. This isn’t an arena where we pit ourselves like beasts against eachother, it’s a forum where we work for the betterment of all.

@Polaris, are you able to coordinate an open forum with us and other members of your team? The open forum -> grow big enough to be noticed -> make point worthy commentary -> undetermined void of time in relay methodology leaves too much uncontrollable nature in play. Every day that this problem remains is just another feather on that camel’s back. As it stands now, the camels that have been around the longest and holds the most feathers are approaching a max capacitance. Changes are required and some light other than “it’s being reviewed” needs to be shed. I say it respectfully, but we need a more substantial answer in a timely manner. I understand that I am just one voice in this, and using WalMart as an example, they can lose a customer of any value and not even notice.
But starting a trend and culture that besmirches the brand and company name results in losses for all sides of that fence. After a particular milestone is crossed over, the bounceback factor is ineffective and the aforementioned downward death spiral begins.

19 Likes

Once again I completely agree with Rockstar on all these points. I think as a starting point perhaps we will all feel a bit more willing to wait if we were given a hard timeline for when we can expect to get real feedback for the concerns we have raised, I.e a hard deadline for when we can expect to hear the teams thoughts on the matter and another hard deadline for when we will see significant changes being made… I think being vague about when we can expect changes to be made or even an answer from the team is not in anyone’s best interest right now… as people have said above people are losing patience quickly the longer you wait the more players will leave… if you give a hard deadline though maybe some that plan to leave will stick around.

3 Likes

“will barely cover 1 badge”
Are you implying that you can even get a badge out of a 5 dollar deal in s22? That’s some high hopes.

50 Dollars, I can get:
1 red skill (just the gold for it nothing else)
3 disk levels
4-5 mod levels
Not quite 1 red badge (they tend to go for 20k+)
And that is 10 times more expensive on a “mega deal” which is supposed to be good value. I remember a badge at o8 costing me about 5k to make because I didnt have any other bits for it, I can imagine the r0 badges being more expensive. The best offer I got was about 330 cans for 100 dollars, thats what…4 badges for 100 dollars? 25 dollars each (ish)

4 Likes

Also @Polaris as a member of the #1 guild on the s22 I can tell you that most of us don’t spend anymore because of that. I hope things change, Im vip15 so I have spent a fair amount already but I can’t see myself spend anything anymore (as do a fair few of my guildmates) because we literally gain no progress whether we do or not unless we put out in the thousands.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney