PerBlue, let's talk

Thank you for reply at least there. It is very essential and gives positive vibes.

Hopefully a fruity discussion. :slight_smile:

It´s not that the feedback is that deals are not a good value, rather that the team already offered better deals in the past, which causes the sadness over the normal ones being so inferior. Plus rare deals not being given out at all. I believe all players deserve a treat, not just those that have never spent or spent long ago.

Could we at least know in which department the issues came up. Doesn´t have to be something entirely specific, but the area would help.

Here´s a hope something from our ideas turns up… well… in 2 weeks, a month, two. Hopefully before the Golden rank comes.

14 Likes

Hello Polaris,

At least thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we have now reached the point where mere sentences and supposed promises are no longer enough.

You’ve had all of this feedback for three quarters of a year and nothing has happened yet, except mostly empty promises. Therefore, this now looks like another delay tactic.

I can only advise you, finally, implement the things correctly. This will satisfy the players and get your beloved money. If you don’t do this IMMEDIATELY, this game will not be available anymore shortly because nobody wants to play it anymore. Which would be a real shame.

Best wishes

14 Likes

Dear polaris.
Since you are the only emmisary, you are the one adressed here.

I say, smoke and mirrors. Crowd control. back padding.

I understand they must be pressured from the COVID situation, but it cannot defend their ruthless idea of how to run a game and its way to engage players economically.
You have more than server wide strikes right now, and we are bloody determined to hurt their cash flow, hard.
‘‘We constantly get feedback on deals. Each server is a unique experience on a unique hero path, and has different deals. I know the feedback is that deals are not a good value, and it is something the team is reviewing.’’
If this was the case, they’d know they direly need to satify the player base that funnels thousands of dollars in to it. One way, would be to set an all servers-wide calculation for stamina to real money ratio that doesnt fluctuate.
Make it favorable for the players. easy. Anyone and everyone would go back to spending. they’d be the company that listened. The company that wasn’t just producing another run off the mill mobile cash grab game. The game and company we’d recommend instead of reviewing as garbage on google. The game we’d support instead of hardcore sabotage in anyway possible.
they will be the new The Culling(google it) if they don’t tend to this emergency :slight_smile:
I don’t think they understand that they have a playerbase just as dedicated as some PC games have. they are letting a rare, rare thing die slowly riiiiight in front of them :slight_smile:
Do not underestimate the power of unsatisfied costumers.

12 Likes

unsatisfied customers, but that does not matter

You are right. It´s pretty unique this game never got a PC release because surely one server, started from the scratch would catch a lot of eyes IF the mobile game was heavily recommended.

When I started to play the game a year ago (late July 2019, with the cap at Orange+8) I didn´t give it much attention. Then when I returned after a September break, the game was very enjoyable, BUT it started to go downhill at Red+7 rank. That´s right where most say the game went off the scaling.

What happened? The 6-8-10-12-14 stamina system went against PerBlue, that´s when the badges started costing obnoxious amount of stamina. And they wouldn´t, if every stage costed 6 or, heck, even 8 stamina.
That´s precisely when double drop items started to disappear from the weekly quest.
When rare deals started disappearing.
It´s just that all good that was brought until that point effectively died. And from that point, the game started to rot as a building you don´t maintain.

Sure, we can throw it on the COVID, though if that was REALLY THE CASE, devs would have already updated all the deals to be at least midway between what they are now and what the rare deals were.
I see a sense of trying in bringing gold/diamond crates/epic CW keys into the mix. Yet, we have to see diamond crate and stamina guild gifts being brought to the mix as the saviours. And believe me, they would be the saviours.

Finally, I want the bundles reconsidered, since they never changed and are pretty pathetic in any server. Some values for stuff are just too exaggerated.

And the last thing. @Polaris if anyone in the team needs some help with the maths surrounding the deals, I am sure that not only me, but several others could help in that department. To get beyond that “we players want to have everything” attitude some sure do want and isn´t exactly right either.

2 Likes

Haven’t read the rest of the posts as I’m at work, but what do people think about every rank raise we get a single 4x drop backpack, to use at our leisure. Some heroes from R10 to R11 cost over 30k in stamina just for their badges, not to include now at least 5 million in gold just for those badges. Double drop brings that to 15k, a quad drop only 7.5k still a lot, but it would be more manageable with over 100 heroes and growing. Sure some heroes are “worthless” now, but mechanically I like their kits, or just the character itself so I’ve been maintaining them hoping for a refresh that makes them good again. You can’t ignore to many heroes because the stronger your overall team the more you can do in surge, the more options you have in war if certain heroes are off duty.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Polaris, we all really appreciate that you take time to reply :-).
Appreciate you post all good feedback to the team even if you don’t reply on all the post.

It is great to hear that our posts and threads has generated discussions within the team, even if you can’t provide us with a lot of information about the discussions.
I can understand if slower cap raises aren’t possible, but I assume some more balancing in order to provide a more satisfying experience should be possible. Thank you Polaris for saying that we at least are being heard :-).

Balancing a game economy like isn’t easy and understandable for us players, so if we could have some dialog in order to create a game economy where both the players and the developers are happy.
While I can’t say for sure, I assume reversing the economy changes that were done back in 2019 might be an idea, in the sense that this old economy change has caused the cost to now escalate faster than what is reasonable.

While increasing the gold is an another option, which I see is something that will be done in the 2.2, as such I think it is good to wait to comment to much on the gold economy until we have see what the gold increases are in 2.2 .

I don’t have much feedback on deals as I don’t buy deals, but given the dissatisfaction in terms of server 21 and server 22 in terms of deals and have seen comparisons. Given what I have seen server 21 and 22 should get deals that feel worthwhile and meaningful to buy.

I see, but still thanks for addressing the situation in terms of State of the Game post Polaris :-).
I hope the team are doing well and are okey and has nothing to do with the situation in America and just game related thing, I at least want to wish for you all at PerBlue that you manage to stay safe.
Thanks and if you can try and help get the State of the Game post out we would be really grateful.

I want to do my best to provide good and insightful feedback in order to help Disney Heroes be the best it can be, and yes I definitely care about the game and as you said otherwise I likely wouldn’t be here. Thanks for trying to make the game be a good experience Polaris/Perblue, looking forward to see what we will get in the future in Disney Heroes :-).

5 Likes

I know this isn’t your fault Polaris, but that was a crap fluff political answer. I don’t think any of us wants to push you into a difficult position, but it remains that you’re our only constant connection to PB. It’s unfortunate that your employer puts you in the position of having to write such drivel in response to customer demands.

These issues have been occurring for a long time and are only growing worse as the months drag on. PB stated that we would have a quarterly update, and we’re into Q3 without a second update. The gold increase from the last update was a paltry 1k gold - not enough to do anything with, really.

I’ve seen in my career when organizations are paralyzed by decision making, and to be frank, the only alternative to the idea that PB doesn’t care about it’s customers is the idea that they are incapable of making decisions at a appropriate and reactive speed. I am genuinely disappointed if either is the case.

23 Likes

There’s a lot of things in this game that they need to change, the weekly rewards are really annoying I’m tired of working all week to colect 3 freaking vanellope chips, Invasion is really bored nowadays it gets harder to reach max tiers and the rewards aren’t really good at all, diamond crates are a joke, personally I don’t find this game fun anymore. I’m really thinking about quiting off because this goes further than if the game is, or not fun, is that they really don’t care about the player base, they don’t want to listen, they don’t treat us like costumers and that’s really annoying, they never pay attention to us and that’s why I’m thinking bout leaving this game.

4 Likes

Excellent, and thank you for coming in reply of this post.

@Polaris, I recognize the position you are in. You cant confirm or deny anything, cant leak anything unauthorized, and cant make promises. The job itself as community relations is to convey information from Point A to Point B, and to A. I completely understand the translation and filtering required in that aspect and the presentation likely required.

However, as was stated, a majority of us are coming to a point where words are losing impact. The scaling issue is something that needs addressing now instead of later, not something that must be debated, tested, and pushed to several patches down the line. Things that are impacting the game in the present simply can not have a lesser, non scaling solution in the undetermined future. We’ve been set in this spiral for enough time that us moving back into the normal pattern of purchasing and playing at the progression rates we enjoyed is going to leave us doing it warily at best, or calling it quits at the worst.

The things we need addressed with the development team needs a priority in the timeline. Direct feedback from the planning team, and realistic timelines would go the furthest within the community.

A lot of the issues stated are systemic from the original scaling issues mentioned prior. 90% of the playability problems would be solved with a few recalculations. For the time, confirmation that our thoughts are being sent to higher levels and actively being reviewed would be wonderful. Is that something you could do for us?

25 Likes

Personally, I think, if you are looking for temporary solutions before you root out the systemic problem, it would alleviate the stress of dealing with such heavy costs for players, if you made Double Normal Campaign Drops always available for purchase, either by diamonds or gold coins. This is so that even non-paying players can have a chance at faster upgrades.
Some of the badges cost well over a million coins to put together. Some of them require 16,000+ energy to do so. About two dozen of my characters are 190 & R11, and the rate at which resources are drained by this point is unreasonable.
At least give us a temporary relief if, as you say, you have greater priorities at hand.

16 Likes

Like many have said (including me), lv cap is not really a big deal or too hard to reach. It’s the new rank that’s the main problem! The stamina, the gold needed are way too high, even to the point of ridiculous!

We don’t need you guys to shower us with gold (you won’t honestly). We just need to have some extra amount to work on our main teams, our personal favorites that no longer fit in our war/coli teams and maybe 1 or 2 new heroes per month. Imagine waiting for months or even years to see your favorite hero in game and you can’t work on them because things are too expensive? It’s cruel!!!

We need at least 15 heroes for War/Coli, but that clearly not enough with off-duty system. It must be 20 ones, and at lv 190, it costs nearly 600k gold for 1 single skill update (not red skill, FYI)…

You guys have increased our gold income in game in the last few updates. But with all due respect, all of them are meaningless!

We get 50k more from each daily quests (not all of them because some doesnt reward gold), 1k more from check-in (without vip benefit). I don’t know how much you guys increase in Endless Surge but none of us notice any notable change

If you guys don’t know where to increase gold, may I suggest you guys take a look at CW and Port (again, pls). CW’s gold has been the same since the 1st day it got released, with around 1k per our lv. And the port, after last boost, it doesn’t help us much

I just wished you guys did the same thing when you increased the cost… Sometimes I can’t help but wonder, how could you guys increase the cost A LOT every single time, but when it comes to our income, everything moves so slow?

Like many have said, you guys need, really need to look at everyone, not just the whale, and see things the way they are. We are running out of things faster than we could earn them. It’s the very fact of this game!

Just because some has billion of gold, doesnt mean all of us do!

I hope whatever you guys have in store, in plan (cough new friend system cough), would come into game, soon. Because, our patience grows thin. Really thin. After a series of terrible decisions on your part!

We do love this game and want to stay with it. But whether we do that or not, it’s not up to us. It’s up to you

Now, here I am, waiting for patch note this week to see how things would change. Hopefully all good things finger crossed

18 Likes

Keep the comments going. Finally a thread to make the devs see the problems with the game. And @Polaris the main man on the forums made quite a lengthy comment on it to be fair.

Will just have see what changes these are and if they impact the game in a good way. :grin:

Also @Polaris, not sure whether you’ve said in your post before, but is there any reason behind the delay of the changes before threads like these existed?? A lot of us might get clarification through that answer.

4 Likes

I see many point out that it is the Stamina and Badge costs that are the hardest part to keep up with, which is understandable given that the more badge tiers comes the more there is to catch up with.

I think these might be some ideas for how to help the stamina and badge cost problems:
Reducing the bit amount needed, like from 50 badge to 25 or 35. Mainly thinking about old Purple and Orange badges especially.
Increasing the amount of badges that can drop from a stage, it is usually 6 badges per stage now.
Increasing the chance of a badge dropping more than 1 time per stage.
Increasing the badge drop rate.
Reducing the extra scaling stamina costs for the newest chapters.

These are maybe the ideas that might be the easiest to change as they are variables and likely don’t need to alter a lot of code in order to have it work.

An other idea would be altering what the Trials give out badges wise, that way not getting over 1000 badges of a badge we don’t need that much. I would say there are 3 version of how this could be done.

.1. Letting players change out the badges they want for tiers that are 5 if not 10 tiers lower than their current badge tier, that way the Trials actually give we need. I do understand if it maybe have to be so that you can only change the badge once a month or once a season for balance reasons, but it would still be something that really help the badge grind.

.2. PerBlue/Polaris post a thread where we players vote on what badges they would like to appear in Trials and after the voting Perblue change the Trials badge likeup to the badges that got the most votes.

.3. Perblue changes the Trials lineup to what they think players most likely need, maybe also based on some feedback, but not badges directly chosen by us players.

Personally I think the combination of badge bit cost reduction and/or that we can choose what badges we want in Trials would be the best, even if maybe unrealistic those ideas would likely be implemented at once, those two ideas are likely what would help the badge grind the most. But yeah, all these ideas in varying degrees should help the badge cost problems and hopefully we get to see some of these ideas implemented into the game in one way or another :-).

6 Likes

Also try putting in some popular whole badges instead of just bits into trials :man_shrugging:t2: that’s an option… that would be incredibly helpful. Especially when nearly every hero needs the badge on one level and every badge needs nearly the same few bits. It’s such a horrible grind.

3 Likes

That would probably be either idea 2 or 3 in terms of the Trial related ideas, but yes it is a decent option and would help with reducing the grind a fair amount :-).

Personally I think these badges are good candidates:
Green: “The Prefect Cast”,
Blue: “Wicked Beats”, “Badge of Motivation”, “Spilt Milk”, “Extract Of Llama”,
Purple: “Triton’s Trident”, “Potential Carriage”, “Jewel of Atlantis”, “Go For The Gold”, “Fox Max”, “Flubber”, “Lightspeed”
Orange: “Liquid Breakfast”, “Gummibeary Jucie”, “Lucky Egg”, “Sweet Tooth”, “Hunny Pot”, “Gonna get a little weird”. “Winnifred’s Spellbook, Mathematically Delicious”.

These are at least some of the ones I generally don’t have a lot of and I assume others likely have low stocks on these.

When thinking about it, including some of these Orange badges in contests as rewards wouldn’t be too bad I think either, so that could help as well :-).

7 Likes

I bet the badge problem would be solved by simply including bits for all badges in the trials.

Including older badge bits in newer trial levels was a good move, but it didn’t really solve the problem as most badges still have to be fully farmed with stamina. This way I ended up having thousands of bits for some badges, but having none of most of them.

If we could farm all badges from the three trials, maybe also increasing the number to something like 10 bits per trial, a lot less stamina would be needed. Should we have an eccess of bits for some badges, we could just sell them for gold, which is extremely needed currently

6 Likes

That idea is good, apart of it’s bad for veterans, the loyal players which play since beta or global launch will be ignored because mainly higher tier badges are what is important for them.

Badge (the spam of cap rises) issue could be solved by reducing stamina cost per node to 6 on all chapters, nothing more.

3 Likes

I don’t say it’s a bad idea. But most badges are found on lower chapters which will be unaffected.

IF that also came with a doubling in the drop rate of badges, it’d be nice.

4 Likes

Oh, I meant changing out the ones that are in the Trials, not adding new tiers in that sense really.

So no, it isn’t about adding old badges to newer Trial levels, but like I said rather change what are already there :-). I think it would be unreasonable to ask for all badges to be obtainable through Trials as that would likely be unwise financially which I understand, but is more so just changing out the badges that we don’t need that much as we already have over 1000 of them.

While it is an idea I assume it isn’t likely that they will allow us to farm all the badges through Trials.
That is if I understand your comment right and I am sorry if I didn’t. But yeah, the extra badges are appreciated in the sense of getting extra gold which is true :-).

Good point, but this way we’d end up having no bits for the badges we have tons of now in no time. It wouldn’t really help…

And yes you got what I meant correctly.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney