Prince Tamatoa Tips - How to control red skill chip crate item loot? (Maybe)

Hello forum users, how is everyone? I started an investigation since December. It ended today and I will be telling you how to get your desired loot for your next red skill chip crate items.

First, let’s ask: Why did I start this investigation?
I had this doubt on the red skill chip crate item under the other info part it says “These items are chosen when the chest is received.” It seems pretty unclear whether the game randomly picks one for you or you can try to enter a code and pick what you want.

Before we start, we are assuming some things like the odds of getting skill chips per hero is the same. Tried many methods. The end result? Negative. I even tried lucky days when I was playing epic city watch. Didn’t work. But I noticed a pattern in the loot while opening those crates. While opening 10 boxes (×1 10 boxes), I got 2 skill chip loots for my War defense heroes (we’ll assume that it is 15 heroes). I then wondered if the game has a system where skill chips that are previously
(or the game doesn’t record it) not given is given. Well, that was a big cross. I got double of one hero’s skill chips. I then thought about rarity. I had to open a thousand+ gold crates just to get a few Pooh hero chips only. It shows the system doesn’t run based on the two above.

Back to the point, remember me mentioning that I got 2 desired heroes’ skill chips? Well, I tested that sentence. And it was right. For the first 2 ×10 boxes. Opening solo boxes give pretty much the same result. Miraculously, the next ×10 boxes did not offer 2 desired hero skill chip loot. Instead, it was half of before. Then, few days later, it dropped to just 0-1 desired hero skill chip loot. U heard that right. Zero. Even though it was only 7 crates.

I then only got these red skill chip crates from my guildmate today. I tested the myth one last time because all of the previous buys that I got were opened within a week. I got 2 desired drops.

In conclusion, now to answer the question: Can you control the red skill chip crate loot? Answer: Yes. But not directly. You instead calculate the odds.

If you’re like me, we only wanna get skill chips for planned heroes or current heroes in guild war or for other game modes, the current odds of getting your desired loot will be as shown below:

1-15/all heroes in the game

It’s actually best to target 15 most powerful heroes (or any other heroes you are planning to add) for your defenses for coliseum, war, arena and campaign nodes.

Remember these tips:

1. Regardless of opening 1 crate or 10 crate, your overall odds are pretty much the same.

2. You need to open at least 1×10 crates (Open 10) and lots ( at least more than 50) of red skill chip crates overall (both 1 crate and 10 crates.)

DISCLAIMER This method may not work for everyone. This may be a general formula. Feel free to experiment it yourself!

Well, I’m done. Thanks for reading this tip. Let me know if this method works for you below! What other questions or myths do you have? Leave them down below so I can try and decode the problem!

2 Likes

That is a no
the word ‘control’ in here is the same with “choose”,
Also

That’s decided by the game, not the players

This is just… wow. It’s baffling that you consider this a method where all throughout you mention that you can’t even control what happens. Calculating the odds isn’t a method, that’s just statistics.

You did nothing of the sort :neutral_face:

No kidding. This can not be considered a formula and it in no way increases your chances of obtaining specific chips.

How on earth are these tips??? The first one is common sense and the second one makes no sense.

You’ve basically made a whole thread to tell us that Red skill crates are random… bravo :clap:.

11 Likes

Red skill crates are random you’re either very lucky or not. If you want to “control” what you get, you simply just hack to manipulate the red skill crates, which would probably get you in trouble.

1 Like

True. But I want to look for other methods. That’s why the way I phrased the topic makes it look like clickbait. Or maybe it is deceiving. But I get your point. To the person who said I didn’t address the issue, it’s an experimental thing. Maybe I can change the topic name so it’s probably better. After all, I can’t put my words into sentences sometimes. That’s why u get the wrong idea.

Second thing, red skill chip crates give random loots but at least it should get what u want. Otherwise, if this thread doesn’t help, Epic City Watch is the next answer I can give. Or the black market (Save your diamonds).

It was a fun thought experiment anyway!
Thanks for trying it out, would have been awesome if there was a better pattern that revealed itself in your testing; but you can’t force results!

Please keep on trying out new things and sharing; maybe some reader will have a similar experience and can appreciate it.

I don’t always agree with your conclusions but I enjoy that you create and engage in trying to be helpful. Look forward to your next one!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney