QoL for New Players+

After 5 years the game still has the old-style things which aren’t really persuading to keep new players around, mainly looking at the cooldowns and unnecessary clicking.

Cooldowns

Arena, Coliseum, Port, Trials

These cooldowns are completely unnecessary and just make the gameplay boring as players need to wait to play.
Cooldowns should be removed.

Gold and Diamond Crates

As for gold crates, the cooldown is kinda justified, however, diamond crates lost a lot in value over 5 years and the free crate every 2 days should be changed to a free crate every day (24h), or better, make them free with each daily reset at 5AM.

Campaign

Slow Progress

There should be available a Quick Fight option in these fights to allow players to move faster in the main story to catch up with other players and upgrade heroes faster as they gain access to newer badge bits.

Reward Completion

A long time ago there were added rewards for completing chapters 1-7, and those rewards were… very outdated diamond crates 1x. It would be very helpful for new players to give 10X Diamond Crates after completing each chapter, it’s only 64 (x2) crates in total, but players will gain access to more heroes much faster, the journal will be less annoying, and players will gain access to heroes they truly like without frustrations.

This includes both Normal and Elite Campaign. Each completed chapter should give 10X Diamond Crate Item.

The newest 1-5 Chapters could have been playable only manually, to test players in their fullness.

Opening Crates

All

Update 4.6 gave Open X/All options, but not for all crates. All crates should have access to these options to eliminate unwanted time on opening crates.

Enhancement

No matter if you’re a new or a long-time player, enhancement takes too long.

There needs to be added option for Auto Add All, to enhance all 6 badges to full with one click.

Early Deals

if you like to...

The Kickstarter deal for $100 is truly an evil deal, it gives the amount of stamina to those from deals from 2019. It should be simply removed or improved because it’s a true definition of baiting new players who won’t know better.
The Hero deals for $10 are also bad, giving 100 hero chips against franchise deals is just not worth it.

Skill Points!!!

And for the last, the worst thing.
The whole skill points system is just terrible. It should be simply removed.

The other option is to… still remove them, but Skill Points will get a new gimmick. Instead, these points will decrease the cost of upgrading skills by 10-25%. Players won’t be forced to wait to upgrade skills, but once in a while, the skills will be slightly easier to upgrade.

Once every 2m 30s, a player will receive a skill point which can be used for a skill upgrade cheaper.

@Samm @Polaris

17 Likes

I would say those would be improvements even for players who have been playing for quite a while.

Some do bother me more than others. Cooldowns are okay, cause I can usually switch to something else in the game while waiting on those cooldowns. But the X-button for example for other crates seem really necessary (I especially have a lot of red skill crates I don’t want to open per 10) and getting rid of skill points thing would be really neat.

2 Likes

As a not so long ago new player, here’s a few tweaks that I think could also help new players.

Friendship Quests - The “easy”, “hard”, “medium” descriptors are useless because I don’t have any idea what’s that’s based on? Does it mean it’s easy if you have the main character + other 4 all maxxed out? It should scale with your friends, so chapter 1 could be “easy” because your main + other friend power > max power of opponents. Then chapter 2 could be “hard” because your main + other friend power < max power of opponents, etc.

The whole power points system needs a rework. It’s so confusing to start a game and learn through frustrating game play that power points mean nothing when you can have 1 hero with less than 10% of the power of your entire 5 hero lineup completely destroy your lineup without taking a scratch. It’s just confusing to put numbers to that power. It could be hidden and used in background, but it’s frustrating and confusing to new players who (right so) think it means something.

5 Likes

It’s because enemies have all of their skills equal to their own (enemy’s) level, so blue, purple, and red skills are very high, giving them a lot of powers, which is why they mostly all Hard, they only count the power of enemies vs yours.

Once you know, you know. And it will be weird to not having it at all, or hidden then it will be hard to find.

1 Like

A QoL Id rather like to see is something along the lines of a badge sort, where you can sort it by how much a badge is going to cost in stamina. Kinda tired clicking every open badge to see it going to cost 20k stamina when Im searching for something to use up my stamina before I go to sleep.

As for the friend campaign thing, maybe have that sortable by power difference, I know it doesnt matter the power as you can be vastly under or over and still win/lose but it should give approximate level. Though Id be more for a search feature, the scrolling cramps are real!

1 Like

Well written post @Musketeer! I hope it gets some attention.

While I don’t agree with every single bullet, I strongly support that the game is literally unplayable until you spend enough money. My main concern is having to pay to unlock raiding - you may even need to do multiple purchases.

I think it will help the game’s playerbase if some current quirks (especially raiding) are made baseline or unlocked with level or unlocked after very first purchase.

2 Likes

Not to mention that doing it this way is rather ineffective…

1 Like

Exactly one - a 10 dollar daily diamond deal :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You actually don’t need to pay real money to get Raid Max, but it is something that don’t seem to be included in the tutorial unfortunately and as such I and others who know have to inform players so they get to know if not figuring it out themselves.

You can actually get Raid Max by watching 3 ads, I do this every day I play and I am completely F2P. (VIP 0 here)

To find the 3 ads that give you Raid Max you need to click on the Airship where it says Video. There you click on the Daily Videos tab, and there you get the option to watch 3 ad videos and get Raid Max :-).

So yeah, Raid Max doesn’t have to cost money, but it does require you to watch the 3 ad videos every day.
And while I say watch, you don’t actually have to watch the ads you just have to put them on while you multitask getting a glass of water for example.

But yeah, hope this helps :-).

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t know that! My alt will be very happy :smiley: There should be a button leading you there from any “Raid” location.

@The_Real_Numi The 3$ deal doesn’t. Its why I said “may need multiple purchases”. I paid 3$ for my alt to unlock raiding as I couldn’t play without it, then realized its not enough :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

That’s not really explained anywhere is it? I mean “hard” vs “easy” should be relative to your team. If I have all white heroes facing yellow opponents, that should never say “easy”. Likely, if I have all yellow heroes facing blue or purple opponents, that should never say “hard”, because those situations doesn’t match the definitions of “easy” and “hard”. As a new player, if something say “easy” difficulty, then I expect it to be “easy” difficulty.

Again, that was one of my frustrations as a new player and I think that’s what you’re asking about, right? Its one of the many things that could be why new players get frustrated or bored and leave the game.

2 Likes

Hence why I said $10 does it… eh

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney