R.I.P veggietales

You thought Disney shut down blue sky was a bad idea, but boy, it’s been worse. NBCUniversal has fired the people who created veggietales. They fired Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki, Lisa Vischer, and Kurt Heinecke. This is very depressing for veggietales fans like me. If Disney buys big idea, they might bring veggietales back by hiring them back. Until then, god made us special and he loves us very much.

1 Like

I love Veggietales as much as the next person, but what on Earth does this have to do with a Disney game??? Blue Sky was at least owned by Disney itself, so it made sense why someone would bring that up here. This, however…

8 Likes

This is community chat.
I tried to put it on general chat

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :man_facepalming:

Where did you even hear this news from? I can’t find this announcement anywhere online.

8 Likes

Wow Veggietales too? It was on Qubo which shut down in February

There are YouTube videos that might help you

People on YouTube can lie for profit.

:no_mouth:

8 Likes

There is a petition to save veggietales.

… Would you, by chance, be able to link some of those videos yourself? I can’t find any that match what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

If you go to YouTube, type veggietales in trouble

:neutral_face:

Alright, so I looked a little bit into this myself.

1. From what I’ve read in the petition link, we don’t know yet whether or not it was NBCUniversal who fired them or if it was a different company like Big Idea itself. So let’s not start pointing fingers here until we know more definitively what exactly is going on.
  2. This still doesn’t relate to Disney, DH:BM, or the forums in any way, shape, or form. I know I myself mention Fire Emblem a lot on here, but I’m not going to make entire topics whether news relating to it comes out just because I can. This wasn’t necessary. :expressionless:
4 Likes

So… I uh… decided to try looking for the tweet as the banner for the petition and from the looks of it, it seems to be… uh… non-existent. I couldn’t find it.

:no_mouth:

But VeggieTales is already dead…

Once the Netflix shows came out it turned into garbage

2 Likes

Yeah. I prefer the TBN one over Netflix/dreamworks trash

1 Like

It turns out they are going to recast the characters from the show. it’s worse then before!

Such a shame. I LOVED VeggieTales before DreamWorks ruined them! Say what you want about Disney’s treatment of Star Wars, at least they didn’t shut down LucasFilm after Solo bombed. I always thought Disney would have been the perfect home for Big Idea. Maybe they can buy it after they buy Hasbro and Fresh TV.

no, just no

Yes, just yes.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney