Raya from Raya and the Last Dragon

I just watched the teaser trailer for Raya and the Last Dragon and already the main character Raya has proven to be a canidate for DHBM.

I know it’s a bit of an early call, but i like her already. I don’t know what the future may hold for Raya but i have a good feeling about her.

5 Likes

The new movie gives a lot of Avatar vibes…

7 Likes

If she’s coming to the game when march comes. It’s not too bad. As you know the next new princess was raya and she add one of the game for princess collection. And about this film. It will be a same thing as Star Wars and Avatar.

2 Likes
  1. It is similar, it is not the same
  2. Star Wars?! Where did you get that from?
2 Likes

I was talking about the noted. And some people use to say that

The animation of the teaser trailer alone blows me away. It is so realistic and I cannot wait to see it. I agree with the vibe thing. It feels really accurate to the cultures of Southeast Asia and I am very excited to see this ORIGINAL story!
I hope she can find a way into the game, but I am not going to get my hopes up for her just yet. With DSA and other factors, it could be some time before she comes. Also the most obvious thing being that the movie is not coming until March (maybe later).

This assumption is not a very good one. Yes, Kelly Marie Tran who played Rose Tico voices Raya, but no. Also, I am trying not to assume much and keep an open mind about this movie. Let the movie be its own thing. Yes, inspiration was likely taken from Avatar a tiny bit, but definitely not Star Wars.

Not from what I saw.

4 Likes

I got mulan vibes lol

3 Likes

I’m the only one who got Moana vibes? (Well, mostly because of the Animation.)

2 Likes

No. I got the same vibes for the same reason as well.

It makes sense though, since some of the animators helped with Moana as well

7 Likes

Well it did say from studios that brought you Moana and Frozen.

2 Likes

Yes that’s right, but also because the main character also reminds me of Moana in a way.

1 Like

Yes. I got Moana, Mulan, and Avatar vibes. Mulan is based on Chinese culture, which is closely related (but not the same) as Southeast Asian culture and things. Polynesia is also similar to Southeast Asian culture (but again not the same), which is where Moana is set. I also got those vibes because of the warrior/protector thing.

As for Avatar, I got those vibes because of the clothing, culture and also the whole guardian & warrior princess thing as well.

2 Likes

I am sure they are very different and unique from each other but I see where you are coming from.

Not to mention the fact that she is a dang ninja. Well, at least i assume so.

2 Likes

As an Asian, I am very excited for this new movie and it looks great!

2 Likes

That is good to hear that :slight_smile:

Overall, I like the fact that Disney still want to makes new movies with new characters and new plot! Correct me if I’m wrong, but the last few years most of the Disney movies were Live Action Remakes of old animated movies. So I’m pretty excited to see this movie with my friends when it comes out!

1 Like

It’s the first original animated film from Disney since Moana.

5 Likes

4 years ago. Wow. I feel old now.

2 Likes

I feel young lol

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney