Resizing characters

Oh, sorry Nightsilver, I didnt even see your first comment :sweat_smile:
I did not know that, so you’re right about that… but my other point still stands, non-human characters can (and probably should) be scaled for them to fit better next to regular humans, as long as they are still somewhat acurate when compared to characters from the same franchise, otherwise series like Toy Story and Inside Out wouldnt be possible. It’s human characters who I think should be put more effort in making them look right when next to each others.

2 Likes

That’s okay! ^^

And definitely something agreed upon. Even if they’re anthropomorphic, it’s still uncanny to see them next to a human character; you’re right about the humans needing better proportions. Plus even some who are confirmed to be as tall as humans, ie. Goofy considering how frequent he’s coming up here.

3 Likes

could it have somthing to do with art stules on the movies??

For example, Aladdin, Gaston, and Hercules were all made differently than they way Toy Story, and the Incredibles were made.

1 Like

Take note that they were not in real life, they are just game data so any sizes could be possible. Just the Elsa and Mickey thing is kinda odd.

2 Likes
  • Maui’s hook doesn’t allow heroes to get closer to him and any enemies behind him. Olaf can’t even freeze him.
  • Elsa for me was always too small and I said this to Polaris in December and nothing…
  • In Monsters Inc. Jessie was in normal size as a toy and Boo was bigger, now Jessie and other toys growth to enourmous size, just like after eating “Eat me” cookie
  • Aladdin is really small comparing to kids in this game.
  • Goofy look tiny comparing to Mickey.
  • Via friendship campaign we know that Finnick and Olaf are same height.
  • For no reason Hades, Baymax and Maleficent ; they were enlarged in beginning of this year. Now it’s impossible to see current active dbf/bf and health bars of Hades and Maleficent.

I’ve given the Toy Story characters a pass. If they were their real size, they would seem very impractical. So I’m fine with the major scaling up of the toys. As for the size contradiction of the Jessie Easter egg in Monsters Inc. you stated, The emotions exist outside Riley’s mind and she exists with them in this world (seriously, Check it out.), so I’d say anything goes in this universe.

I think the reason why Toy Story characters look big is because of their big heads which is really their original design.

When you look at Mickey and Goofy, Mickey’s head is way too big compared to Goofy.

Also, Olaf’s head is also too big compared to Elsa.

1 Like

Their body parts are the right size compared to other parts of themselves. Their whole body just needs to be scaled down to fit the size of others.

It’s fair to give the Toy Story characters a pass, but I gotta ask: Is Duke really that tiny???

Just looking at the trailer, yes, Duke is that small compared to Woody and such.

Ok, now Alice is as tall as Rapunzel, but Mulan is smaller than Quorra, Elsa, AND Rapunzel? What is this?

Violet is still far too tall. And it’s not just being tall that’s wrong imo.
She’s supposed to be slender like Elsa yet she… is not?

Yes… it’s awful.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney