Roadmap Updates

For you and @Bluebandit93, I know I was the one who started this yelling and firing, and why would you argue about whenever the game dies or lives? It’s not until the end of the story. I’m terribly sorry I caused all of this.:pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Agreed right there

Samm need a rest, Samm need a plan first okay.

Agreed again

1 Like

I am not saying that Disney Heroes is dying, just that Disney Heroes is affected by decisions that more likely turn away players, resulting in less money for PerBlue long term wise.

It is fine, it is good to discuss and share ideas, like feedback for PerBlue to consider :-).

What players here just want are that PerBlue respect the players’s time and investment, treating players with respect in general.

But yeah, hope all this haven’t been too much on you Samm, so yeah hope you are fine :-).

1 Like

Ye,hope you haven’t been having a hard time samm

Revenue in games surpassed all streaming services last year by very high numbers, like unbelievably high. I read this currently, just don’t remember where exactly. This is the general problem. As a company you can deliver mediocre experiences with very little effort, like stat boosting older heroes and calling it a refresh, and still earn a solid amount of money.
ChatGPT is able to code decently if given a task. As game companies spend a lot of money on coders and devs those tasks could be likely outsourced to AI. Revenues would probably rise more.
With this technology we are likely to see bigger changes in the industry.
Sorry for digressing.

1 Like

People could say that because mobile game doesn’t last long so they have to find a way to make as much profit as possible while they still can.

But not all mobile games dies fast and easily. Like Dragon City, they just celebrates their 11th anniversary. Yeah, that’s right. 11 years

Is it a F2P game? Yes

Is it a P2P game? Yes

People quit game all the time but that game can still go strong after all these years

Even Candy Crush is still on even though they are not as popular as they once were

What difference between those games and this game is the attitude of developer or higher-ups towards gameplay and players.

Do those games require paying? All games do

But at least they are doing something right to keep their players happy and committed. And they listen to players. And most importantly, people can still play and enjoy the game without paying

This is not true here. It takes forever for Perblue to change something and most of the time, their change do not matter

3 Likes

Wait a second. Clawhauser has been dialed up way too much with that refresh. I guess he needs to be toned down a little.
Although, I just don’t understand why would the refreshes mean too much power. It almost feels like a brutality this way.

Just wait first okay, Samm need to rest please okay.

1 Like

Social Point is clearly a much bigger company, but even so, the frequency and quality of updates and the interaction with the community there is on a completely different level.

They have a massively popular game that’s 11 years old with no signs of ending any time soon - they are doing something right!

5 Likes

Ah, I see want you mean, however inn regards to revenue I talk about revenue potential mainly, not necessarily that PerBlue and other game companies aren’t earning money.

Revenue potential is based on how many players there that’s willing to pay, and while yes Whale pay the most the Dolphins are still helping out even if 10 Dolphins make 1 Whale spender for example.

But yeah…, in regards to AI it is to early to say how that will in actuality work out. I am not sure if the AI is quite good enough right now to do actual coding work long term wise, but yeah can still be used likely for suggestions even if needing to read over it to make sure everything is right.

Will be interesting to see how that goes.

2 Likes

Even a game on a declining playerbase can love for 10+ years, just saying.

2 Likes

I’ll just say this as I said something similar when polaris was community manager…even if it it is the higher ups making these decisions; the community manager represents them here and is our only form of communicating with perblue about our fustrations and applauses. Even if NOT the community managers direct fault, end of the day the perception is it is because didn’t effectively communicate it to higher ups for change or continual improvements based on certain positive feedback.

3 Likes

I have things I could say on this to you Captain_C, but I think it is better if discussing through Discord.

I don’t want to risk just in case wise getting flagged or worse because of my opinion ;^^.
(Not that bad, but not sure if PerBlue would like it to be spread here).

1 Like

What I will say is that I think the high-ups at PerBlue may not see the profit potential in being kind to players, thinking being less kind will earn them more money.

The thing how is that if the game is kind towards players, it is more desirable to play for players which means more people play and potentially more paying players.

I think it could be interesting if PerBlue made a test server where they try the kind approach in terms of players and see on how that goes for them :-).

While it is probably true the less kind to players approach earn them more money short term wise, long term wise however they likely earn more by being kind to players.

Something to think about for PerBlue, and I mean that in a good way as in seeing possibilities in doing things differently if the original approach aren’t working as well anymore.

Basically innovating within their monetization strategy, making Disney Heroes more desirable to play and spend for players long term wise :-).

1 Like

Agreed to all of that

1 Like

I mean - we all know that the dev team needs approvals from Disney. But I am also fairly certain all need an approval from the director too. While I am against any harsh acts, it is necessary to question the halting higher-up a bit more. Because it does detriment the game over time.

1 Like

I don´t think people realize that the devs… or even the higher ups cannot apply every single suggestion (no matter how correct and truthful it is) into the game.

In other words - let´s not be spoilt. I do recognise however that most of us don´t expect anything by now.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney