Shenzi, Banzai, & Ed (the Lion King Hero Concept)

Shenzi, Banzai, & Ed

Left to right: Banzai, Shenzi, Ed

This trio of cackling hyenas, mauling their way through all who oppose them, will have your squadron letting out the last laugh.
Trial Team: Red
Role: Frontline Damage
Stars: :star:
Quote: “Friends? I thought he said we were the enemy.” “Yeah, that’s what I heard.” “Ed?”

Animations:
Entrance: Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed enter the battlefield, laughing through their teeth.
Victory: Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed laugh at their enemies, rolling around on the floor.
KO: Ed laughs, bringing Banzai to tackle him while Shenzi disappointedly watches them.

Skills:
Basic Attack: Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed bite enemies.

White Skill - Birdie Boiler - True Damage
Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed grab the frontmost enemy and stuff them in their Birdie Boiler, launching them into the air, dealing X damage upon landing in the backline.

Green Skill - Xylo-Bones
Banzai plays a ribcage like a xylophone, increasing their attack speed by 60% and granting themselves X additional Skill power.

The attack speed increase will last until the end of a wave.

Blue Skill - Laughing Stock
Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed laugh, stealing X Skill power from the three closest enemies.

Purple Skill - Bottom of the Food Chain
Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed will steal X energy from each enemy that deals damage to them while their “Xylo-Bones” skill’s attack speed increase is active.

Red Skill - Betrayal Repayed
If at any point an ally, charmed or not, deals damage to or applies a debuff to Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed, they will remove X Skill power from them.

• +X max HP
  • +X Basic damage
  • +X damage to Birdie Boiler

Friendships:
Shenzi, Banzai, & Ed + Bolt
Campaign: Next Step in Evolution - Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed learn from Bolt that they share a place in the canine family. While they are unsure of Bolt’s powers’ origins, they assume they had them the whole time and were unable to harness them before, but trying it out just makes them look dumb.
Disk: Powerless
Disk Memory: Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed deal X additional damage with their “Birdie Boiler” skill.
Disk Power: Z reality
Allies: Megavolt, Yzma, Russell & Kevin

Shenzi, Banzai, & Ed + Lock, Shock, & Barrel
Campaign: Do-No-Gooders - Both of these pesky trios are mischievous enough to get away with all sorts of gaffs, but imagine what they could do when joining forces.
Disk: Can’t Catch Us
Disk Memory: Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed’s “Laughing Stock” skill has a 50% chance of scaring enemies for 7 seconds.
Disk Power: Z White Skill power, Z max HP
Allies: Rex, Simba & Nala, Sadness

1 Like

Nice concept @the_One_and_Only1!

1 Like

They only have one skill that does damage. This is more of a control role not damage role

Other than that really good concept!

Well, to follow up on that, I was getting tired of labeling most of my heroes as Control, as it was a recurring theme in my hero library. It’s something I’m currently trying to avoid, just so I can level everything out evenly.

But, since their is only one damage skill, and more control and support skills, this cannot be damage

I think they could be damage :man_shrugging:
Green and Blue boost skill power (and thus damage) for white, purple steals energy for white
They would just be very white skill dependent

On an unrelated note, the red skill is pretty weird :thinking:
Only way for an ally to deal damage to another ally is by charm, and removing skill power from this ally just disadvantages them after the charm ends

Um… should Captain Amelia, Peter Pan, and Anger not count as Damage role heroes as well, then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

He has 2 damaging skills
But your right, the point is damage heroes aren’t just about doing damage, they can also have skills that help them increase it

… I forgot Tinker Bell actually does damage and doesn’t just debuff enemies. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was gonna say: name 3 heroes labeled with Damage roles and hardly any Damage skills, but then I learned how to read…

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney