Shown damage inequivalent to actual damage

I was playing the Mulan-Bo Peep Friendship today. On certain occasions, I can kill the Purple Prickly Pear with her green skill but other times I cannot. Why is this so? The picture below is the evidence.

The skill descriptions show their raw damage. They don’t factor in things like armour/reality/buffs so the actual damage dealt will almost always be different.
As for why it is sometimes a deadly blow and other times not, that’s essentially down to luck. Behind the scenes of the game there are a lot of virtual dice rolls going on which affect how fights play out (that why you can lose a fight in the arena and then win immediately after with exactly the same team).

2 Likes

But if your stats are the same throughout, why is the damage dealt different?

And second, what kind of factors are affecting the chances of winning?

Because of Crit Chance, Increased/decreased Skill Power/Basic Damage of your heroes, Armor/Reality of the opponents…

Your damage might be affected by your % chance of landing critical hits. Because this is a % rather than a definite yes/no there will always be fights (and individual attacks within those fights) that are susceptible to random chance (the virtual dice rolls).
Evasion works in much the same way. Your stats might stay exactly the same but an enemy may dodge different attacks dependent on the dice rolls.

All of these kinds of things make many small changes to how the fights play out, which when taken as a whole and including dozens of individual attacks from 5 characters on 2 teams, the number of different possible outcomes is massive.

1 Like

Well, although I completed this stage, I’m still wondering if the game developers can create more info about NPC creeps?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney