Simba and Nala need a nerf

Specifically, their charm is what needs it. You know how other heroes have charms that are only effective if the enemy isn’t a higher level than they are? That should apply to the cubs’ charm as well. Or, they should at least wait a few seconds before doing it, instead of doing it right at the start of the fight.

It does though…

It doesn’t say so. Also, I’m doing Minnie’s friend campaign with Mickey and I have them both at level 200 and Red+5, but level 117 Orange+6 Simba and Nala are still able to charm them; which is keeping me from going any further.

(And of course, the allies just HAD to be heroes I hadn’t bothered to level up, and don’t feel like spending the resources for. Typical.)

Instead of nerfing, they simply just create counters it seems, for the most part. Unless it involved Invasion, then all hands on deck to nerf that character into the ground immediately. For Simba, Sheriff (Sc) being made seems like it was made for this reason. Sheriff starts in the backline (though not ALL the way back, so certain characters can’t be there for it to work), so he can absorb this Charm and the battle can go along without a hitch. You can also probably let someone “less assuming” be in the backline as well, like Meg or Joy maybe.

They also could have given them this skill to “help” with another problem hero, like Ian perhaps? So, the counter cycle continues to fix one problem and sometimes cause another. But, at least in my experience/server, I haven’t really seen them used all that much, though I guess in limited areas like Friendship Campaigns, this is a balancing issue that they potentially need to address if they were refreshed after they were already set in the lineups as they previously were. This is another issue with characters like Darkwing Duck and Shank, for example. Way harder to deal with than they were originally.

1 Like

I don’t think Simba and Nala need a nerf…

they are simply similar to the new heroes we are getting.

50 year silences and charms :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Which is great when you can choose your team, but pointless for a Friendship Campaign, which is what @White_Wolf_V is talking about.

For example, I’ve got a level 260, R16 Minnie Mouse, but the level 181, R9 Simba & Nala in the last battle of King Louie and Peter Pan’s Friendship Campaign charm her right at the start of the fight, which causes her to charm the rest of my heroes in that campaign, so my team just destroys itself. I don’t know if there’s any other way to get past them other than leveling up at least one, possibly more, heroes that I didn’t really want to spend resources on.

…is that not what I addressed later? I did edit it, but unless you immediately replied, it should have been there. Again, I think that it isn’t that they need to be nerfed, PB just needs to always revisit Friendship campaigns and their viability when they implement Refreshes, since they can sometimes make them WAY more difficult to pass than they once were. Which has been an issue in the past, but they kind of ignore, especially now more so since Power Ups were introduced.

1 Like

Sorry, I got interrupted while writing my reply and didn’t realize you had edited your comment.

I’ll agree that Simba & Nala don’t need a nerf, as they’re really only a problem during Friendship Campaigns; I just wish PerBlue would check for problems caused by refreshed heroes in those campaigns, rather than assuming any problems can be overcome by enough Power Ups (spoiler alert: not always).

Been there, done that. And you know what I did to pass that stage? I left Minnie behind. Just because she was available for that friend campaign, didn’t mean you had to use her.

I didn’t and passed that one. Try that pls and good luck

Good advice, and I had tried that. Trouble is, the only other hero in that campaign that I have above R1 is King Louie, and guess who gets charmed if I don’t use Minnie…

I had a quite ok Peter Pan (R8) so he helped me through that stage… But my friend had Peter at R1 or R2 and they still passed that one. So don’t lose hope. You can do it!!!

Well, I was eventually able to complete my friend campaign, but once again it was only by nearly breaking myself to level up a new hero - in this case, Gonzo.

Initially, I thought his cannon skill would be enough, and that he’d take the cubs out before they could charm Minnie. But regrettably, he took out Maui instead, and only nearly took out Bo Peep. The chicken stampede was enough to get them, but the problem was that the cubs kept rolling before I could use it. That meant that I had to advance his purple skill to keep him alive until after that attack, so he could finally take them out.

Of course, all that would’ve been unnecessary, if only those cubs hadn’t been in the first wave of the level. If it were the second or third, Minnie would’ve surely had enough energy to have Pluto take them out. That or, if I could bring the Mad Hatter, since his red skill would’ve protected against the charm.

(…his red skill does work against charms, right?)

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney