Sofia makes a royal entrance!

:sweat_smile:
But why don’t we focus on movies first like Mulan, Tangled, Pocahontas, And Edna Mode.

1 Like

How about fox and hound, and flower and thumper from Bambi, Sebastian from mermaid too. All should be a focus before shank and tron characters. Try some classic characters before adding newer ones

1 Like

Same problem, most of these characters are harmless. If you can think of a ability list for a character, that is great. I have nothing against classic Disney, but most of them don’t make sense in a fighting game.

1 Like

Some of thw ones I mentioned seem to be fighters or good suppporters. Edna mode is just my favorite character. That is why I want her in game.

You mean the shows targeted at boys or neutral audiences should be prioritized over the shows targeted at girls.

Disney is huge. Its target audience is vast. There are Disney fans who are highly invested in characters and properties that mean nothing to you. Releases should rotate through different parts of the fan base.

Darkwing Duck was not for everyone; his release was targeted at a 30+ year old predominantly male part of the player base. And that’s fine. But so is releasing some characters targeted to a younger, predominantly female portion of the player base.

So are many if not most Disney characters. Wall-e, Mickey, Miguel, Olaf, Yax, all the toys.

In this Disney fighting game, getting creative or handwavey to work in the myriad harmless Disney characters is kinda the norm.

The shows Wobbly said would be better are for older audiences. Sofia is a Disney junior show aimed at younger children outside of the target audience for this game. I personally would riot if they started adding Junior characters.

Alright, I think I know wot u mean. But hey, dats my opinion

Am i the only one who noticed that @Wobbly accuses Kim Possible of being for boys? Gravity falls also has Mabel Pines. Just cuz Kim has a mustache doesnt make her any less feminine.

Gravity Falls is neutral.

But Kim Possible is targeted at a presumed male demographic.

Yes, Kim is the title character. But that doesn’t make it female-targeted or neutral. Like how Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, despite being a magical girl show with most of the tropes and an almost all female cast, but is still firmly a male-targeted shonen battle anime.

The way it’s structured, it comes from a position that the presumed male audience will not relate to Kim, so Ron becomes the protagonist and perspective character. The tropes the show most heavily aligns with are Magical Girlfriend anime tropes, with the hapless unnoteworthy hero swept away into a life of excitement by this compelling woman way beyond him. It doubles down on magical girlfriend after prom, around when Kim gets the battle suit.

Kim herself is framed largely as an object of adoration for Ron- and therefore the presumed male audience- rather than someone to be directly related to.

And no, it’s not because Kim isn’t particularly feminine. Contrast the new She-Ra, which is very obviously targeted at a female demographic despite Adora being very masculine.

Also compare the new Carmen Sandiego, which is more neutral in its target audience and has a similarly hypercompetent protagonist, but comes from a presumption that the audience can relate to Carmen, with no need of a perspective character.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney