Sorcerer's Arena Review

I have just download Disney’s Sorcerer’s Arena this morning and I have to say it is a decent game. The plot is very simple, prove to the Master Sorcerer that you got what it takes to be a sorcerer by defeating wave after wave of enemies from various movies with various character and spells. Speaking of characters, like DHBM, it has a well diverse cast with some that you have seen in this game.

For those who don’t have the game, here is list of the characters you can use.

Character in DHBM that are also in Sorcerer’s Arena:

• Mickey Mouse
  • Donald Duck
  • Goofy
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Hercules
  • Hades
  • Megara
  • Aladdin
  • Jasmine (with Rajah)
  • Jafar
  • Genie
  • The Queen of Hearts
  • Baloo
  • Sully
  • Woody
  • Jessie
  • Zurg
  • Bo Peep
  • Moana
  • Maui
  • Stitch
  • Robin Hood
  • Sheriff of Nottingham
  • Rapunzel
  • Flynn Rider
  • Maximus
  • Davey Jones
  • Jack Sparrow
  • Jack Skellington
  • Sally
  • Oogie Boogie
  • Ursula
  • Yzma
  • Kronk
  • Maleficent
  • Dr. Faciler
  • Ian Lightfoot
  • Barley Lightfoot
  • The Manticore
  • Elsa
  • Olaf
  • Kristoff
  • Sven
  • Captain Hook
  • Randall Boggs
  • Mulan (with Mushu)
  • Shan Yu
  • Pocahontas
  • Merida
  • Anger
  • Gizmoduck
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Darkwing Duck
  • Miguel
  • Esmerelda
  • Belle
  • Gaston
  • The Beast
  • Demona
  • Hiro
  • Honey Lemon
  • Wasabi
  • Baymax
  • Ralph
  • Vanellope
  • Calhoun
  • Shank
  • Felix
  • Quorra
  • WALL-E
  • EVE
  • Mr. Incredible
  • Elastigirl
  • Dash
  • Violet
  • Jack Jack
  • Syndrome
  • Frozone
  • Scar
  • Simba (adult version)
  • Rafiki
  • Judy Hopps
  • Peter Pan
  • Gogo
  • Fred

Characters from Sorcerer’s Arena that are yet to be seen in DHBM

• Shere Khan
  • Yokai
  • Mor’Du
  • Raya
  • Namaari
  • Jangles the Clown
  • Lotso
  • Chunk
  • Big Baby
  • Ariel
  • King Triton
  • Prince Eric
  • Phil
  • Pegasus
  • Pain and Panic
  • The Horned King
  • Daisy Duck
  • Tinker Bell
  • Lumiere
  • Cogsworth
  • Mrs. Potts and Chip
  • Maurice
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Monterey Jack and Zipper
  • Gadget
  • King Candy
  • Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey
  • Steamboat Mickey
  • Cobra Bubbles
  • Gantu
  • Anna
  • Big Bad Wolf
  • Frollo
  • Quasimodo
  • Mother Gothel
  • Hermes
  • Zeus
  • Hopper
  • Wendy
  • Smee
  • Pluto
  • Lily Houghton
  • Frank Wolff

The gameplay sort of acts similar to DHBM only instead of have attacks distributed randomly we choose what attack to use. It’s level and promoted process also acted simliar to this game as well.

Overall, Sorcerer’s Arena is a simpler version of Heroes Battle Mode but it can get really addicting.

So, a I would give it 4 stars.

1 Like

To be fair, she is in Peter Pan’s skillset

Same as above (but with Mickey, of course)

But with Hercules

Wait until you hear about the luck-based deals and very poor drop chances…

6 Likes

I didn’t like it tbh. I thought I would since I thought it would be similar to Heroes. And it’s really close but there isn’t any battle exp. That is such a turn off for me. I like grinding all the characters in games regardless of how good or bad they are. But since Sorcerer’s Arena levels up exclusively through items then there’s no point of bringing anyone into battle besides the best as they gain nothing.

Plus I like the 2D better than the 3D.

1 Like

What I means is as playable characters. As the ones you mentioned are part of skillset, they would not be joining the game anytime soon.

As the rest I’m not so sure, we’ll see what the future holds.

(Although, I have some doubt on Hermes. Isn’t that too nutty?)

I downloaded Sorcerer’s Arena, but everything single time I would navigate to a new page, even just clicking a hero, it would take like 10 seconds to load and that annoyed me. In addition, the promotion mechanic was awkward to me because I got used to this game’s promotion system, so I uninstalled it

During my very small stay in the game, I didn’t see any really bad rip-off deals though, as I see some people complain about in the reviews of the game

Maybe stay a little longer :eyes:

I figured I would need to, but I didn’t really like the game (as I previously stated) :sweat_smile:

I have played Disney Sorcerer’s Arena and I can say that if you are the type of person who needs/likes story content in order to be engaged, stay away from Disney Sorcerer’s Arena there will be a point the grind without that much purpose in the sense of like story unlocks will make the game feel more boring.

Not sure if it has gotten story content recently, but it should at least if it wants to make grinding more purposeful in the game.

1 Like

Looks like im glad i didnt get into DSA.

I didn’t liked DSA , even applied for refund and uninstalled it

1 Like

All are a pert or people’s skillset (both Mickey’s in Mickey’s, Zeus is in hercules’, and Pluto is in minnies’s

Same, friendships storylines is the biggest deal here in this kind of situation, unfortunately Perblue cut a lot of those work in recent ones. Even the effort of translate them to other languages.

Yeah, pretty sad that PerBlue cut down on the story/friendship, but I guess that could be due to PerBlue working on 3 games in beta beside Disney Heroes and Portal Knights.

Hopefully now after the [Hero (UI) Management] PerBlue with focus more on story/friendship content again.

What other games are they working on? If they’re similar to DHBM I’d love to try them.

It seems to be these games, but they are in beta so not sure if they are available in your country natively.

And to go back to Disney Sorcerer’s Arena I will say that it isn’t a bad game if you like competitive games and you can play live against other players there, but if you are the story player then I don’t recommend playing Disney Sorcerer’s Arena.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney