Spam on the Forums

I know there’s been a problem recently with accounts spamming on the forums. I wanted to let you know what steps I’ve taken to try to address this.

1. Threads will no longer automatically lock if there are too many flags. I want the forums to be a fun and friendly place and having threads locked due to flags is no fun.
  2. I’ve increased the trust level for being able to flag posts. One of the problems is that new accounts are flagging a lot of existing posts that don’t need to be flagged. You now need to be trust level 2 - Member to flag other posts.

I will be watching how this works and will make adjustments as needed. Thanks for your patience through all this!

32 Likes

Thank you so much for addressing this once again! I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Polaris!

It is quite obvious it is a single person causing all the trouble, has there been an IP ban? They seem to know to come on weekends when you are away from the forums.

10 Likes

You know what another solution would be, @Polaris?

It is to give those affected their regular status back (Ex. TherMasterStitch, LetsGetDangerousBro, Musketeer, etc.) so that if anyone spams on their threads they can move it to the lounge, preventing any more spam from occurring

7 Likes

JaggedGrandCarpenterant-size_restricted

Now spammers won’t rule the forum anymore, big thanks!

7 Likes

No longer will we be tormented by big crash and his circus of alternative accounts

Thank you polaris!!

2 Likes

Thhis sounds like enough to keep the spammers away! :grimacing::grin:

2 Likes

Unless they actually take the time to become a member…

2 Likes

In which case, the threads still cannot be closed which was the major problem. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Good and bad, if a spammer does come back the topics closing is good, so the spam does not keep up. Since flags cannot silence users they have infinite amount of time to spam. Even more so on the weekends when you are off.

7 Likes

Yes, Thanks so much @Polaris, I feel so sorry that you have to resolve these issues due to spammers, and now the false flaggers shouldn’t happen anymore. Thanks again, @Polaris, now how about the people who used to be regulars, but lost their status? Any information about that?

2 Likes

I will say what I think about users who lost the regular rank,

The must deserve to have lost it. The false flags were removed. So that gives no reason for into be given back. Just my opinion though.

5 Likes

Thanks so much @Polaris! You are great!
WMgz

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney