Splash Mountain Character Petition

In light of recent events, i cannot bear to see a family octracize three of their member for something that is not entirely their fault. So, i would like to volunteer Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear to be in the game.

Of course, this a touchy subject right now. So, i would like everybody’s input wheither you like them in the game or not. If you do, just right your user name and i will put it on the main thread here.

1 Like

Their only appearances are from a racist movie that’s ~80 years old and a roller coaster themed around the movie. There’s not even a fraction of a chance PB would add them, even if Disney (who has to approve everything that’s added) didn’t disown them.

13 Likes

So, is that a no for you?

I would like them in the game, but they don’t have a good chance due to the fact the movie is so old and the movie is racist.

I don’t want them in game due to world events, but if I were to say role, rabbit support, fox damage, Bear tank

Well, maybe not right now. Maybe somewhere down the road when the heat dies down a bit.

Why is the movie racist

It’s hard to explain…

Well, long story, little racist doll thing was one reason, inaccurate relationship between slaves and owners, and the main character’s actor wasn’t able to attend the theater in which the movie premiered because it was a whites only theater

4 Likes

Dang, that’s harsh.

Nope. Leave them alone.

Just google Song of the south- it’s laid out very plainly. There should be no doubt or any discussion over “not their fault”.
People might not want to accept that a thing they like is racist but that is arguing from willful ignorance: experts have explained the how and why of the harm physically ,emotionally and economically, the owners of the IP admit and have apologized for the harmful intent, the general public find it distasteful so only applies to a prurient group that is choosing to cling to foulness that is not worthy to belong in the Disney Lexicon.

Ill break it down soooper basic-
Aunt Jemima is Racist. If you want to own racist things = you are racist. You can have syrup without racism so why not? There is no good reason for having a racist bottle unless you want to revel in its racist imagery.
Do you own Nazi paraphernalia? No cuz that is gross… Do you want Donald Duck w a swaztika armband from that one serial? It’s not “his fault”!

But then we will have the people who will want to beg the question “but is it really racist though…Really…?” YES!! There is no legitimate grey area. Quantifiably, demonstrably Racist. Disney has made clear there is no debate: they are moving forward from their racist history. They are removing and tagging their old properties, they are updating rides,merch,hiring, programs, advertising. So if Disney dont want it, public don’t want it… who is asking for it and why?

The thread seems like bait…

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney