Splash Mountain Tribute

I don’t think this would ever happen. They don’t want the negative association that the characters have. I understand why, though I do love the current theming of Splash Mountain. I trust that the Imagineers will do a great job with the retheming and look forward to riding it when it reopens.

They are harmless animals (well one has an axe and one has a club), it was the fact the movie was racist, they are just characters I think they would still be meetable but they are very rare so it wouldn’t be a big deal

1 Like

Please tell me Dr. Facilier will show up

In the description it says based on song of the south. It’s like Disney was trying to close it

From the sounds of it, it is mainly going to follow Tiana and Louis. It is still possible that Dr Faciler will be in it though. I actually hope they add Friends on the Other Side just before the massive drop.

1 Like

Dr. Falicier, during the ride, could turn into the gravestone (if that is possible). Well, it’s Disney, anything is possible.

1 Like

I know the exact reason why they are retheming Splash Mountain.

Congratulations :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

sighs

Why are you sighing, Captain Obvious?

Seriously…

:neutral_face: You do realise that it was established very early on as to why the ride was getting changed don’t you?

3 Likes

Now that I look back, yes.

I will just stop chatting… :confused:

I agree with you and hope you are right. I just think that it is unlikely since they are changing the ride to get rid of racist associations they probably don’t want the characters around. It doesn’t matter that they are just animals. They are still connected to the movie for a lot of people and with the current tensions, Disney won’t take a chance offending anyone right now. Hopefully I am wrong, though. It would be great to see them put somewhere else in the park in some form.

1 Like

I would think they could appear in toontown or critter country in Disneyland, and in Disney world maybe the animal kingdom or have zip a Dee doo dah still playing, due to the song winning an award and being extremely well known

1 Like

What is it?

What if they were slowly integrated into another franchise like Winnie the Pooh or Zootopia.

The way i see it, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear would fit perfectly in the Hundred Acre Woods or Zootopia. Brer Rabbit (or just simply Brer for short) could be a new neightbor to Pooh or a cousin to Judy while Brer Fox and Brer Bear could resume their roles as reoccurring antagonists.

This way, we keep the characters and they no longer part of a racist movie and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah everbody’s happy!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney