Stamina makes the game unplayable

As an experiment/test, i wanted to find out how much upgrading/badge generating 100,000 stamina could do under normal circumstances.

The tragic answer is, not very much! :sob: :rage: :no_entry_sign:

It wasn’t even enough to get me a third Red.

Now I am signifigantly concerned that Stamina is imposing an serious impediment to character upgrading, if this rather simple upgrade consumed almost all I had.

The only way I’ve been able to upgrade characters is to use purchased stamina consumables and when I realized I was spending in excess of $30 a month on those items and using every single one, I had to give it up because of the cumulative cost being too expensive.

Honestly, based on the results of this expermental test, the only conclusion I can reach is the game is unplayable because characters are too expensive in terms of stamina to upgrade, so they can’t be upgraded to match the enemy team difficulty.

11 Likes

It’s sad, yes, but couldn’t you have waited for a double drop event? That would have gotten you significantly farther…

8 Likes

Agree with @Filadae_Djaq i always level up
my heroes during a double drop event or when using a double drop bag it does help

1 Like

The point of the test was to see what happens when it’s not a double drop event.
Because I don’t like relying on randomly scheduled bonuses.
Especially that one, as I think it only runs for a few days out of every month.

4 Likes

Either way your studies wouldn’t change. You could just double the amount of stamina you used during double drops and your results would still be similar

1 Like

Why did you censor Felix’s disk? We can all tell that it’s the Frozone one… :neutral_face:

:clap:

Well really the joke’s on you because this test hasn’t achieved anything and you essentially just lost 100K stamina that Double Drops would’ve made up for.

No…? :thinking:

If you’re doubling what’s already been doubled then the results would be 4x as much. To get similar results in Double Drops you’d need half the amount of stamina.

No. Because stamina costs would be cut by almost half during double drops.

1 Like

Oh I see, I thought you were saying that if you used twice as much stamina in double drops… your wording was a bit confusing.

One thing though, the stamina in itself aren’t making the game unplayable rather it is the huge difference in the costs and our daily gain in terms of stamina.

We have a huge cost inflation in the sense that the stamina value to badge value are unhealthy low.
Like to say the demand is way higher than the supply, as such the supplies are never able to catch up as much as they should in a healthy balance to say.

Other than that though, it seems like you didn’t use Double Drops for this, but did you try to combo grind at all or? Like to say trying to go for the best grind spots? Like using the Badge Drop Charts?
[Badge Drop Charts]: Chapter 1-30 badge placing in the campaign

I at least recommend trying to combo grind whenever you can, it can help a lot :-).

1 Like

I did not combo grind, because I was uncertain where to look.
The badges were randomly changing each level up, so recalculating for all 3 characters per level would be a substantial time investment and I just wanted them at Red as fast as it could be done.

That being said, I did notice a side-effect that lower characters earned a new badge here and there, so there was a little combo grinding going on.

What I’m mostly concerned is a while back, someone shared a screenshot of a level 222 badge, which has a listed stamina cost of 22000, 2000 above my base stamina limit.
Not sure what the max cap is, but from all intents and purposes, the higher the level goes, the less able I am to supply the stamina required.
Eventually this will result in a NoWin situation.

Ah I see.
Well I at least recommend using the Badge Drop Charts and the database site in terms of where you can search up badges :-).
I think for each new rank there are 3 new badges and 3 old badges in each characters badge set, but yeah it is better to be smart about stamina then rush at the time of spending stamina as in if you take the time to spend your stamina smart you may overall in shorter time get more badges than otherwise.

Yeah, there are some natural combo grinding in some case, but you have to technically know where the badges are to actively plan for combo grinding.

I technically don’t recommend using Power Craft without checking the stages, you could find better grind spots else where afterall :-). So overall better to check where the badge you need are, then check what the main badges on the stage are and grind one of them in case the badge you actually need are a hidden badge.

While I agree that it is hard to keep up, we just have to make the best out of it, which would be to combo grind.

Exactly! @Tilarta you wanted to upgrade your characters or just wanted to dump that 100K down the drain?

I will say, it is fine if they want to experiment just to see, it is their own resources afterall.

While of course, it would technically be better with Double Drops and Combo Grinding, but it is their own choice for their own fun so yeah that’s what I think :-).

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney