Stamina Problem & Swapping Badges

100 badge crates and you need 1000 badges (IF you are with every hero at the previous cap - which hardly anyone is)…

Hence why I wanted the change to cosmetics (Tiers) and them being only available with purple cosmetic crates, not orange ones.

The purple-rimmed crates will also guarantee that you get a cosmetic you don’t have at max tier (golden, the tiers would be bronze-silver-golden).

Guaranteed orange-rimmed crates would guarantee getting a badge that is not at bronze tier yet (so its function won’t change).

That’d be a good change overall I believe… or not @Samm?

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of things that would benefit playwrs are not considered at the moment…

1 Like

Important question… does current situation benefit players that play the game every day or those that spend once in a month.
Answer is certain.
Playing the game regularly is not welcome.

2 Likes

Will reply to the replies to me in another comment, but yeah I figured I bring this up.

I think the issue in terms of the Badge Trees and the Badge System might be described as Technical Debt, when if in a bit different form than described here:

What it means is that over time it has become harder and harder to fix the issue as time has accumulated, like adjusting the badge tree structure at R0 or like R10 would have been a lot easier than now at Emerald.

I think Technical Debt is a term that describes the Badge Tree issues pretty decently, both something for us players and the developers to keeping in mind future wise.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think Technical Debt pretty much describes PB’s entire development ‘strategy’ with almost every game feature

1 Like

but the actual problem started at Y12

1 Like

@The_Real_Numi It is more so in terms of time consumption as I am not sure if the badge tree can be automatically adjusted or not, so it would mean a lot of manual labor in the typing sense and time consuming. Technical Debt that has accumulated for a long time takes longer to fix afterall.

That said, adjusting the badge trees could be a decent task for a intern or job training person, like if just easy even repetitive task after being told what to do. Something that could maybe be considered, I have done similar-ish job training/trainee related wise before.
While the actual adjustments has to be planned by the designers or the ones in charge of balance, the actual implementation could be technically done by a Intern or someone doing job training.

Removing 1 high cost badge from the Y12+ ranks probably isn’t impossible and can likely be done, just costing time. I understand if needing planning, however it is probably the most Technical Debt type issue Disney Heroes have and it is severely impacting the Players experience.

Hard to say what will happen, but I would assume PerBlue does something with the badge costs eventually.
While not addressing the costs fully as in adjusting the badge trees, lowering the Purple badge bit requirement to 20 badge bits per badge would likely help a lot, same for Orange to either 30 or 40.
Lowering the badge bit amounts will at least help.

As for your new comment I have touched on it in this comment, but for the other one in that comment I meant in general simplifying the Badge Tree as a whole more so.
Which could be that instead of having 16 different badges 50 bit costing you have to grind, you instead have 4 badges you need 100-200 bit costing badges. This would likely have helped the Pink Dot issue.

That said, not sure what is best, but yeah I at least think it is possible to fix the Badge Tree issues and the Badge Cost issues, or at least making them more manageable for us player User Experience(UX) wise, which as we now know also includes the Pink Dot and Lag issue UX wise.

Hopefully at least by Spring or Summer next year PerBlue has done something to lower the Badge costs :-). Not sure if it is possible to quickly address the badge issue over the winter, but we will see.

1 Like

All it needs is to scratch one badge in the crafting tree since Y12. Did you look at the badge map? It is VERY visible what happened there.

This:

That is the reason why costs are multiplying. The Y11 badges needed just 3 to craft.

1 Like

@Pipsqueak In regards to the Badge Booster Crates I am not actually sure if I have used any of the Badge Booster Crates from the Cosmetic Collection rewards, I mainly rely on Badge Booster Crates I get by playing otherwise.

I think I might have used some Badge Booster Crates from the Cosmetic Collection rewards, but if so that was when I got up my Shego team which is a while ago now.
(Will probably get up a new team soon given Power Creep/Gallop lately, but yeah not decided on who yet).

You definitely have a more limited number when just using the Badge Booster Crates from other sources than the Cosmetic Collection, but it is survivable F2P wise and that’s technically what matters.

As far as PerBlue’s development strategy being Technical Debt, I think it is more so the fact of having to rush to get content out each month.
I don’t think PerBlue necessarily want to accumulate as much Technical Debt as they do, but it is the nature of monthly rushes or at least partly due to it.

That said, Technical Debt in regards to costs and increasingly complex systems aren’t the same as actual bugs, but none the less impacts players negatively UX wise as in their experience of the game.

I will give credit where credit is due though, PerBlue has lately focused on Quality of Life Improvements, so that’s really good like that we recently had the Guild Perks updated :-).

While the Costs Technical Debt and Complex System Technical Debt are harder to do, we should be getting the Yellow Rank QoL so hopefully some of the Technical Debt will be fixed/reduced then.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at the Badge Map for a while, but yeah I see and thanks for showing me :-).

Yeah, just in 1 rank it went x2 which isn’t good at all yeah and should be changed.

Probably wouldn’t bee too hard to do manually even if slightly time consuming, but it should definitely be doable by Christmas technically I imagine.

As far as PerBlue prioritize lowering the badge costs by removing 1 of the high cost badges after Y11 we will see, but yeah it would be greatly appreciated by players and likely increase the players motivation to play Disney Heroes long term wise :-).

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney