Starting June 23 - Android 4.4 required

Lol. All this confusion over Android versions is exactly what’s wrong with Android. The current version is 10, but you may or may not be able to update that far depending on your device manufacturer…

Basically if your phone is super old, you need to check. Everyone else can chill out.

4 Likes

@Polaris i just noticed something, june 23 is 3 days before stitch day.

2 Likes

Off-topic

2 Likes

Mines a Samsung Galaxy s9. What can I do?

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy s9 is the model of your phone. Follow these steps to find the operating system version

1 Like

Sorry this is the wrong topic.

1 Like

I don’t see advance

1 Like

On Samsung devices swipe up > choose apps > open Settings > tap About Phone > tap About Device > tap Software Information

1 Like

Android version 10. Am I safe?

1 Like

Yep, you’re good!

1 Like

Phew! I was worried

1 Like

I have a Samsung c7 pro and an a7.

1 Like

My phone says version 7.0 am I ok?
I don’t really know what to look for.
I know I’m going to be highly upset if I can’t get into the game over a phone. I have a note 5

1 Like

Just ignore him and flag the posts! Do not do anything else!

1 Like

If you have version 7 you are fine. Any numbers larger than 4.4 will be fine.

3 Likes

But why r they doing this

1 Like

Look at your Kernel, it’s 4.4 so you’re good. The Android 9 just states what Android OS you’re using. The manufacture of your cell phone patches the OS and don’t change the OS #, but as long as the kernel reads the correct version you’re good to go. The OS# not changing is typical of most unix/linux backend platforms.

2 Likes

@Tabbykat
Look at your Kernel, if it’s 4.4 so you’re good. The Android 7 just states what Android OS you’re using. The manufacture of your cell phone patches the OS and don’t change the OS #, but as long as the kernel reads the correct version you’re good to go. The OS# not changing is typical of most unix/linux backend platforms.

2 Likes

@agent_marlin_xcvi your kernel is at 3.1. The android version number doesn’t always change, but the kernel number dies change when phones are update by your cell manufacturer or service company.

2 Likes

Im confused.

OS version is certainly separated from kernel version. @Polaris , do you use the number 4.4 as Android OS version? Or kernel version?

I have rarely heard that kernel 4.3 is adopted to commercial Android OS distributions, but may be my unawareness.

(I believe 4.4 is OS version because you wrote latest version is 10. This reply is just to make sure this.)

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney