State of the Game Dec 2022

You know it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe someone should write a state of the game from a player perspective… Becuase this is true… server merges don’t help to solve root causes of players leaving (grind of updating , lack of new improvements other than a new toon monthly , repetitive bugs that reappear even if once fixed with updates, no new guild perks /frequency of them, etc) , just puts a bandaid on the situation.

4 Likes

Same here. I’ll readily agree that there are myriad issues harming the game right now, some serious, others minor; however, there have been some positive signs lately as well. I’ve always been of the opinion that it’s more effective to talk about both what’s good and what’s bad when offering criticism, and to be as accurate as possible; apparently that’s enough for some players to write me off as a paid PerBlue shill. :man_shrugging:

Seems to me that this has gotten addressed over the past couple of months, with the franchise trials and the heroes refreshed as a result. There’s certainly room to discuss how well these refreshes have been implemented (overall, I think it’s been a positive, but not perfect by any means), but I don’t think it’s accurate to say that concerns over power creep are being ignored.

Definitely one of the biggest problems facing the game now, if not the biggest, and something that’s been a concern in one form or another for most of the past four years. Except maybe for gold, it feels like every attempt that PerBlue has made to balance the economy has either been insufficient or has been quickly undone by another change a few months later. I have to admit I’m finding it easier to maintain a core group of playable heroes, probably due to the badge crates from trial events rather than improvements in the economy; it’s still heinously expensive to work on a new hero, though, even with the Prize Wall.

I’ll agree that it’s silly to mention server mergers as though they were a positive accomplishment, but what exactly should PerBlue do with servers that are approaching the point where they cost more to keep going than they bring in in revenue? Just shut them off when they reach that point? Funnel new players there, and watch even more than usual leave within weeks as they realize they can’t catch up with 3- and 4-year-old accounts?

Maybe I’m misremembering, but the last time I recall those being addressed it was to confirm that there was currently nothing in the works; I suspect they weren’t mentioned here because that’s still the case. At any rate, as badly as I want to see new guild perks (or even expansions on existing ones), I must admit that the game economy and bugs are significantly higher priority problems.

This seems like it’s been a constant issue in the game, regardless of mergers. Most players strive to join the highest-ranking guild that will take them, leaving the mid-ranked guilds with casual players, newer players still climbing upwards, and (if they’re lucky) a few dedicated players loyal to their guildmates. I’m not sure what PerBlue can do to address that.

Yes. What is your proposed solution?

Minor correction: it’s every three weeks, not monthly. Major correction: we’ve seen the Franchise Trials and the resulting hero refreshes, and the new Patch system, added in the past couple of months; one can certainly say that they aren’t what the game needs or that they aren’t very good, but they show that PerBlue is at least attempting to add new features and make improvements to the game. (Personally, I think the Franchise Trials and refreshes, while they could be better, have been a positive addition; the Patch system I’m less fond of, but I wouldn’t say it’s bad.)

Oh mercy yes, I think the bugs have actually overtaken the economy as the main problem with the game now. It seems like I see some new bug in at least one war attack every other day; considering there are no do-overs there, that’s incredibly frustrating. I’m really, really hoping that the shift of focus from new heroes and x.10 updates results in a visible impact soon, as we really need progress on this front before people give up on planning their attacks.

4 Likes

Guild perks will see some updates in the War QOL update, I believe.

3 Likes

Is it known when this will happen? February, March?

1 Like

Not at all that early. Yellow QOL is first.

3 Likes

So, how about this, when it will happen? :thinking:

1 Like

We will not be giving any timeline for this yet.

4 Likes

Ok.

Can we know what this new building is? It was on DHBM FB page, shared during holidays.

1 Like

Ahhh looks like our marketing team just had an old image. This isn’t something new coming. I think it’s even from before my time and a concept image from something else.

2 Likes

Oh, diamond vault, I thought this will return or the building will be reused for a new different feature since this came out of nowhere on FB. :grimacing:
Plus diamond vault was even in a different place, where guild war is now, just making it seems even more something new is coming.

2 Likes

Nope, we just have the marketing team working on some social media things now. I let them know they need to get updated images.

5 Likes

Thanks, is it possible to do the same for the google play screenshots, they didn’t change since guild war was released, and it still uses purple ranked heroes, and the newest hero on them is Shank, completely ignoring the +100 new heroes released after her.

Same thing with the starting screen in-game:

2 Likes

This is more than a marketing thing that has to go through a lot of Disney approvals as well.

3 Likes

Oh, well, hopefully one day, thanks for quick answers.

1 Like

I have a question. When will yellow heroes end? We’re now on Yellow +22 (last I checked) and I haven’t heard anything about a stopping point or what’s next.

1 Like

I believe the latest is that there are no other ranks planned after Yellow.

That’s not to say the game is ending soon, Yellow could go on indefinitely, but there’s nothing in the works beyond it.

2 Likes

It should have, again, double the amount as previous rank, so it should go up to Yellow +40, then… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Actually wow.

Now that I think about it… since we have Platinum Badges couldn’t the ranks be also ahem… Platinum or… Silver? We don’t have an S0 yet.
Also to be fair Patched Heroes could have been kind of an S0 thing or… the stat bonuses could have been tied to hero’s own stats as a percentage (excluding Red skill boosts and disk boosts).

I personally hope for Yellow+39 to be the last. Would tie in nicely with what we already got. And with the team level intertwined with the progression system of my former go-to game, Sega Heroes.

If Loutre reads this, in Sega Heroes one needed 130 shards (equivalent of chips in DH) to get a legendary hero (unlockable at 4* with 65 shards, later 3* with 15 but 4* needed the same amount) straight to 5*.

Similarly, 230 shards unlocked the hero and let the player raise it to one blue star (dubbed 6th star by players commonly, the game had 5+5 stars as ranking system).

430 would be the equivalent of two blue stars and would indeed intertwin with DH as Team Level for a potential new rank instead of Y40.

1 Like

@Nugget Hi Nugget :-). First of all I want to say that I hope you and everyone else at PerBlue had a good Christmas and New Years ^^.

So yeah, I got a little idea that I thought it could be interesting to bring up to you.

I wonder if it could be an idea to create an official post where we players can suggest Quality of Life improvements for Disney Heroes?
It intended to be a place where people/devs like Verilla and TheGrillFather can read up on our suggestions in 1 place more easily rather than checking many small posts :-).

Just want to help if I can and yeah thought this could be an interesting idea :-).

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney