State of the Game - February 2020

Please fix City Watch. Easy is HARDER than Epic on some days. Get to Stage 3 and have to face Randall and Hook completely maxed is not fair one bit.

2 Likes

Please slow down on cap raises
Make City watch manageable
Listen to the players

3 Likes

Yo fui invitado pero no veo esa seccion del foro de lideres del clan

@Pr_ncipe_Dory_II If you don’t have the invitation instruction any longer, please contact support in the game so they can assist you.

2 Likes

Randall has to go. I am maxed but can’t get through more than one City Watch battle with Randall as he wipes out my best just to get trhough

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! Both here and in the many feedback threads we’ve opened in the last week. I appreciate all the thought that’s been put into the replies. It really shows how much you enjoy the game and are passionate about it being a great experience!

I hear you on the cap increases, increased effort to earn badges and the pinch on stamina and gold. I can say that the team is having loads of conversations about this, but I don’t know when any changes will happen.

A lot of the problem with City Watch is Randall, and we’re going to be adjusting his skills again with 1.16, but we’re also taking a look at matchmaking as a whole and digging into ways to improve it so City Watch will be a fun and more consistent experience.

I do read all the suggestions, complaints and feedback on the forums, and I do pass them to the team, so even if I don’t reply to a specific issue or topic, it is being addressed on our side.

Don’t forget to leave your feedback and questions in the Dev Q&A Corner! The team will be chatting on Friday afternoon!

24 Likes

Thanks for this. But a small heart or something to tell us you listen us will be appreciated from time to time, also sometimes most people believe that the lack of your response means that the team don’t care about it.

2 Likes

Thanks. Randall is terribly overpowered. He really needs nerf

1 Like

This is so beautiful, thanks, really looking forward for this. :heart:
Just a week…

Would be great to decrease AOE of [Monster Punch] and decrease damage boost from [Color Changer] 200 --> 100% :slight_smile: or anything…

9 Likes

“Or anything”
I have an idea! Delete him :rofl:

2 Likes

My life is complete

1 Like

Why has it taken you guys this long to address Randall? We’ve been complaining since his introduction about how oppressive he’s been. His numbers alone should’ve been red flags about how godlike he is. Yes, he has counters, but, it’s unrealistic to keep your 2-3 hero counters alive for 10+ stages in City Watch because he’s literally in every stage and district. It’s great you’re finally addressing it, but, is it because your player count has drastically fallen? Or is it because you truly wish to make changes because they need to be made?

Team level and color rarities— thank you for entertaining the idea of slowing these down. I wouldn’t mind them so much if Orange didn’t have 8 levels to it. Have you considered having only O4-5 levels instead? It’s exhausting and one of main reason I (and others) left Dragonsoul.

2 Likes

We are always very cautious about changing heroes. This is something that we don’t like to do, and we put a lot of thought and testing into the changes we do make.

We adjusted Randall with the 1.15 update, with the expectation that he would fall back into the roster, but he still stands out. We don’t want to just nerf his stats and make him useless, so we’re making thoughtful changes to his skills. When we do this, we need to make sure that changing Randall doesn’t result in some other hero taking his place as a nightmare. With that work, it needs a client update to adjust heroes, so we have limited options for when we release these changes. I know it’s a long, slow process for players who are frustrated with him in the game.

8 Likes

He has way too many abilities within his purple skill that makes him so powerful. I feel like his 200% on scare is way too much along with reduce cooldown of his counter. Felt like that 200% needs to be tone down. His survival skills are unnatural to be a glasscannon. Also the devs need to take a look at the hitbox his counter can do. My kida is on my side of the screen while randall is attacking oogie on his side. His counter not only hit oogie but hit kida, who was on my side of the field because i immediately use her skill to station herself.

4 Likes

Agreed. The only counters to his scares are Remy & Linguini and Rapunzel, but they can’t stack enough hardiness by the time Randall reaches them

3 Likes

The problem with the adjustment was you also adjusted joy’s reality on same patch which meant that the adjustment wasn’t enough as joy can help to lessen the damage done with her reality boost to other heroes, so it was like there was no change to him, you just need to reduce to aoe damage / area that he does as that is his killer move

3 Likes

For city watch, difficulty could be adjusted via level. Normal is set by the players current level and anyone in arena/coli around the same promotion/levels/power as them. Any difficulties hard or easier could be +/- 5 levels and 1 promotion per difficulty. Mods are the key difference here as those could be included to help win those harder difficulties depending on how well those used heros are modded.

1 Like

Interesting choice mildly said to let only the Top50 guilds to contribute. I’d had very much to say but the struggling guilds who aren’t able to keep up and fill vacant spots because many people left the game aren’t your group of interest obviously.

3 Likes

@ Polaris now the guild war disconnects are being used to an advantage, as so we were in a very close guild war that came down to the last attack with 15 minutes remaining, when the opposing team attacked and lost… they force closed the app waited 5 minutes relogged back on and re attacked and won the battle that they previously lost but due to the “Disconnects not being as painful” we lost because of this “work around” and after the war the opposing player who exploited this issue messaged me and other guild members what they have did after confronting them… fix this, or put a time on force closing during a war hit to 12 hours, meaning if u got disconnected you cant attack again for 12 hours!!! Hopefully the war is over, that’s how u fix an issue like this.

1 Like

Honestly, as someone who has invested in Randall, I appreciate you not entirely nerfing him. The fact is, everyone has an option to invest in who they want. More people could’ve invested in Randall than chose to. It’s not as cut and dry as nerfing him.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney