State of the Game - February 2020

Well that is the best part about this post. Maybe we’re getting some Mulan and Onward characters. :thinking: But so excited to see who’s next! :grin:

Thank you for this post @Polaris. Liking to see the future of DHBM.

4 Likes

And what about the economy I remember the 2018 economy nerf and it was OK, but now at lv 160 it’s like 12 MILLION PER HERO for 5 leves and a regular hero pool it’s 15 so having 15 heroes will be more than 120 MILLION OF COINS Like its insane, hope i just be noticed love this game :heart:

1 Like

One thing that I feel should be addressed is the sheer number of toons allocated to teams.
Right now we have 3 teams each having 31 save for blue, for the moment.
While it would be a pain to start a new team for invasion from scratch, mods I mean, I feel a 4th colored team should be added in.
If done it would probably be best to move small character sets and toons from new series. To get it started likeRight now invasion is getting bogged down with to many characters in each team color IMO.

I agree. Haven’t be en playing that long but I think all servers should stay 160 cap for a lil bit so new players can grow without having to worry about having new team lvl caps every other update.

2 Likes

Or increase drop rate. That might be easier.

1 Like

Ooo maybe Raya and the Last Dragon as well…? And/Or Soul too.

1 Like

Wow Perblue you actually fixed some issues! Good job!
But you still need to please slow down the level system

1 Like

New Costumes…?

NEW COSTUMES!?

6 Likes

Another option is to reduce the amount of stamina it costs to raid each level. Start at 3 instead of 6, go up by 1 instead of two. Doing this without changing the stamina caps would help a lot. This would also give a boost to new players as they would be able to do more at the beginning.

2 Likes

That’s a good thing that you are more receptive to the players’ feedback. The game has some serious issues that made some of my best friend in-game just giving up playing. That’s frustrating because the game can get very boring by just playing alone.

From my point of view, the principal issues are:

• Level cap constant increases need to slow down. F2P/low spenders can’t max out, even with a lot of time spent in game;
  • Some heroes need to be rebalanced. Many people like specific characters and can’t use them at all because a 2-star new hero is better than the 6-star version of an older released one;
  • No guild rewards for “ghost” players: the ones who don’t collaborate with the guild tasks should get some earnings from the game;
  • Heist should have more essential features, like Leader Change, Kick by Vote, and Protection from Kick Abuse. There are many players exploiting this mode.

And the ones yourselves mentioned too. We just want to see that our dedication to the game is not left behind just because we are not bug spenders you know…

1 Like

Friend Missions are not problematic, because it requires us to spend our hard-earned badge bits to do. It’s true, but the thing many players hate the most is impossible friend campaigns. I dont think I need to name the reasons because there are many threads about this already

You guys have acknowledged this problem but as I can see in your upcoming big updates (1.16 and 1.17), there is not even a single sentence to address the changes to this system

In the mean time, we are here, suffer because of how ridiculous enemies we have to face, with heroes that are not even worth investing in… Oh, and to unlock that, we normally need to wait for weeks…

Hopefully, we can see the change to this terrible system soon

3 Likes

As a three-year player/One and a half year GameSage for DragonSoul, subsequent six month player of hero wars and now DH:BM player, I feel like I have as much relevant experience playing and advising the development of this gaming engine as anyone. It’s interesting to see as three different companies have handled the underlying engine the things that some of them have gotten right each and some of them have messed up each.

The core complaints across all three games have always been the same: crazy OP New heroes who replace the crazy OP not quite as new heroes (who themselves replaced the “yesterday‘s news“ crazy OP heroes), lack of new game modes and choke point resources (XP potions in DS, gear pieces in HW, gold in DH:BM & to a lesser extent, stamina in all three).

That some of the things the GS team pleaded for and never got from either Per Blue or Gree after they bought DS (catch up packages; scaling free stamina payouts) have been implemented here is an encouraging sign from where I’m sitting. I do think there’s some low hanging fruit, however, that can be worked into the game so that higher levels aren’t such a soul sucking grind for free and low spending players. No one begrudges the company’s need to turn a profit; almost every reasonable player is fine with the whales getting to play with the new toys first. What rank and file players want is the ability to get them at all before the next batch of new toys renders the current ones worthless.

To that end, here’s what I’d hope to see:

1. Marrying of new game play modes with greater resource payouts—if it’s truly costing almost 5 digits worth of stamina to craft a single badge at the higher orange and all red levels, that’s a fail. Just like DS & HW, new modes of play appear to stop at L60, and while the depth of hero development is far deeper than both of the aforementioned games thanks to friendship missions, mods, collection buffs & the occasional supercharging, that’s going to seem like busywork in between yet another day of grinding for yet another copy of a component badge (for DS veterans: 3 words—“Extreme Fad Diet”). Putting in new paradigms at higher levels & endowing them with the payouts necessary to not have to choose between just keeping your existing coliseum team leveled or getting one maybe two new heroes every three updates makes for a better experience for everyone. And happy players spend money.

2. Unlocked additional modes of play within existing areas at higher levels—How about a weekly triple elimination tournament that’s available in addition to the regular arena after level 85? How about a three player collaborative coliseum team where you each contribute 5 heroes and then each day you can rearrange the lineups, but once you do they’re locked for the day on defense at level 95? How about trials go from three groups to six groups at level 100 (one each M-Sat, all of them Sunday? Keep red blue and yellow if you want, but add “villains”, “princesses” and “Pixar” for example).

3. The elimination of raid tickets past a certain rank and/or VIP level. HW is a soul crushing grind for its orange gear (the drop rate is a throw-yourself-in-traffic-causing 10%) but the one thing they get right is that the first time you purchase gems, you have a lifetime permanent raid pass for any 3* node in the game. PB’s VIP structure incentivizes w/raid tickets which is fine to a certain point, but fast game play shouldn’t be a feature you purchase for a limited time until the grind catches back up.

4. Mid-week single day contests featuring forgotten heroes—who can win the most non-campaign battles in all other modes with the original starting five? Who can beat city watch w/only 4* or less heroes? (Obviously this will require a city watch tweak in matchmaking, but you get the idea). Also, no hero should be featured for chip handouts longer than 4 weeks; The shops, sign in, and guild crates rotate every month… So should the contest hero. I’ve spent a grand total of $10 and played for 33 days; I should not have enough Gonzo chips to be part way to 6* when there’s been 6 new heroes pushed to S22 in that timeframe.

It does sound like the dev team understands and is asking for player feedback; this is a welcome change. We understand we can’t have everything and there are questions of competing resources and the need to make profitable investments. But don’t forget: your biggest investment is in keeping your player base.

11 Likes

No. All new friendships require old heroes as allies (and force to battle against new heroes as enemies, like Randall), and most of people doesn’t have them upgraded since all of them are weak so it give bad results.

5 Likes

Oh hey! I was Master_Tylez on the DS forums, I wasn’t as talkative there (my carer controlled it) but I remember you :smile:

Agree with pretty much everything, some big gripes from DS have been addressed here (especially QOL stuff) which is great, but some things (ie. balance of power / resources) are actually way more stretched, which is not so great.

Drop rates are an obvious example - everything shown is 25%, and hidden bits are half that - DS had variable drop rates that went very high in comparison. That’s the main reason for the exorbitant stamina costs for some of the badges.

Gold gain remains too low - in DS it actually felt too high and it was really easy to amass a huge amount, but here is the other end of the scale. Somewhere in the middle would be nice :sweat_smile:

The level cap schedule is also way more intense / regimented, which combined with the economy issues makes keeping up in any sort of sense a real struggle… I’d estimate that it would take around $80-100 a month here to maintain a competitive challenger roster for all game modes.

Hopefully some of this is addressed in the coming updates!

2 Likes

My suggestion is to distribute the rewards based on how many clues that player personally investigated. You want to go AFK or want to sit all 5 guarding valuables and search 0 clues? Well then you walk away with the 15 tokens you get from the white circle or whatever lol

They are asking for feedback. But we have been giving it all along. None of the main issues that have been posted or commented have been addressed and are just being danced around and this concerns me. I have a feeling this posts comments will be ignored just the same.

3 Likes

That’s in friend campaigns… which I said is the huge problem…

Friend mission is the ones we spend badge bits and time to complete…

1 Like

that’s linked, heroes required for missions are same (mostly) and total power is low, making success rate low, without spending.

1 Like

I only do 2 kinds of mission: 2hr and/or 10hr. 2hr unlocked at lv 5, needs only 2 heroes. 10hr unlocked at lv 7, needs 2 heroes and the 3rd

So far so good because I dont gain memory, disc power through mission. I only need friend exp. but yes, it’d be great if they increase success chance on mission

1 tip we know is to update hero’s white skill or update 2 heroes so high that the 3rd one does not matter. Just want to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like Perblue doing.
Always thanks

My favorite game mode is Invasion now.
I want to see new interesting game mode someday!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney