State of the Game - February 2020

Is it possible to have an option to leave a heist? Or an option to automatically kick players in a heist when they go offline after a certain time limit, (beside the host being the only controller of kicking ppl)? It’s unfair that players who are active in a heist carry the ppl who leave or do not participate.

4 Likes

Only thing I can suggest is ask the host to kick or heist with your guildmates

Thank you team for trying to satisfy us this game means a lot to everybody and we all appreciate what you guys do for us keep up !

3 Likes

Es un gran juego, y se agradece la intención de mejorsr constantemente, y de querer comunicarse con nosotros. Dicho esto, hay manera de mejorar el desarrollo de personajes para jugadores f2p?

1 Like

Im a little concerned. Almost nothing the majority of people complain about sounds like it’s going to be addressed.

I like the endless creep surge Idea, and generally love cosmetics.
I’ve seen so many games instead of being pay to win, they are pay to look how you want. I’d put money on cosmetic changes for sure.
Why not instead of increasing difficulty level of heist, change how heist works. Heck just making level based rooms with rewards based on how high a level your team is willing to complete would be leaps and bounds better.

The global release of red skills was just a bad joke. Too many characters still lack reds, and worse they don’t get those reds even when new heroes are released with reds.
You aren’t improving weaker heroes fast enough, and they just get less useful when even a hero that isn’t overpowered is released. This latest refresh poll and this post show you still aren’t listening to your fans. You aren’t trying to solve the problems, you are dangling shiny new things to hide them.
I want my Seve dwarves, my prince charming, my Pooh piglet, and my Tigger. I want a roster so large it’s painful to navigate, but first I want to see a balancing plan, obviously power isn’t a good identifier of character power, rebuild how it’s calculated. Figure out what makes Randall so strong and fix it. Don’t be afraid to entirely change skills. Fox your stuff before adding new features. That only makes ir harder on yourself in the long run.

9 Likes

Please, please remove raid tickets, and just let us raid for free.

There’s currently only two types of players regarding raid tickets: those who have thousands and thousands of tickets and those who have almost none.

I burn through raid tickets just trying to get the badges that require thousands of units of stamina. Stamina is already a limiting factor that people can pay to overcome or just wait until it regenerates–there is no need for an additional limiting factor in the form of raid tickets. Please just get rid of them.

16 Likes

What about jungle book
Tail spin
Gummy bears
Duck tail vilans

1 Like

Randal is still insane on the pushing out DPS and tanking DPS, you have players dumping massive amounts of resources into him. In city watch he is the biggest factor that most wont complete it. Now you have players with a 250k Randal like it’s madness, I have seen A top tier Randal solo a 920k line as he goes too the middle and kills 3 sometimes 4 of them at the same time. The stamina is still an issue as with each update it cost more to move heroes up, even if a player wants to move 15 heroes up too max when cap goes up it will cost 3 to 4K batteries and this is just so we can have a war team. Collections need to be expanded beyond the current scope as far as how you can complete them, adding campaign into the mix would help and lastly friendship quest need a change it takes hours to do them, maybe adding a stamina cost like 2 stamina each would be great that way they can have a auto complete option n it cost two stamina to do each one. I have over 100 of them. I know this won’t get read but please think about it.

5 Likes

Slowing down the level cap increase would be nice. Maybe once every one and a half months instead of every month.

Plus it would be nice to have:
More red skills to unlock
More character refreshes
More raid tickets
And More costumes (Judy alone has a ton of options)

6 Likes

First off, thank you for laying out the plans for 2020. Transparency like this is good to see, and as an active player. I like the change to allow us to view the dialogue from story mode and from the friendship quests. I love keeping track of those conversations, so that is a nice feature to bring in.

Thank you as well for the boosted stamina. It can help a bit on Monday’s and bring a slight boost to helping make badges.

However, there are a few issues I didn’t see address in the “State of the Game” address. Below I discuss the problems, then solutions to those problems. I hope that everyone at PerBlue will have a chance to read this and ponder over solutions to what I bring up as well.

ISSUES

• Stamina costs : The added bonus helps a little, however, most badges for Red Badges now cost upwards of 8-12k stamina each. So the full bonus of stamina helps a little, but doesn’t come close to the stamina cost of each badge. Badges need to be reduced in stamina costs as right now it it much too high for the average player, let alone most players who can only afford a deal once and a while. Personally, I believe badges shouldn’t cost more than 5k each with all of the sub-badges combined.

• Gold costs: This is a killer. As pointed out on the feedback channel, players to upgrade all their characters would have to pay over Five Billion in gold to do so. That doesn’t add in the cost of badges now, which have increased on Red Levels to sometimes one million for a single badge. This has gotten completely out of hand, and most players are falling substantially far behind because they simply can’t afford it. A friend of mine who spent quite a healthy bit of money just told me on Discord his final day in game was today; that he couldn’t afford to keep up. That is really telling, and this is a huge issue that needs to be discussed and remedied.

• City Watch: This one is an issue that is near and dear to my heart. City Watch has become so difficult due to OP heroes that I now can’t even beat the lowest level of difficulty in it. From speaking with players about this issue. I can understand the difficulty in Arena and Colisseum as those are places players are competing against each other, however, City Watch is a mode that is supposed to be Player vs Computer. Unfortunately, the computer wins far too often and I spend more time trying to cobble together survivors from my strongest team that just got wrecked on level 2, to hope to beat the third part of that stage to get the bonus.

• Deal packages: I think I speak for all players when I say that we are frustrated with the offered deals. Nobody knows if they are good deals for our money, so we don’t buy them. Stacked deals were amazing and I started purchasing them in game as my first purchases. I really miss these, and most people miss them as well.

• Level Cap Increases: Decrease these a lot. These have been promised to slow down since 2018, but haven’t. These are coming so quickly with them happening monthly, that people can’t keep up and are leaving the game. Please slow these down.

SOLUTIONS

• Stamina Costs: This is the easiest way to be address. Lower the cost of badges. Red badges are notorious at being overly expensive and it shows. I recently had a badge that when I added everything up, it would have cost 12k stamina. How to fix this is to lower the amount of badge bits for each main badge from 50 or 40, to 30 and 25. This would make badges much more attainable for all players, which would keep players playing longer. A player that plays a game for a longer period of time is more likely to purchase in that game. So this would end up making PerBlue more money, while also keeping the player base around.

• Gold Costs : This is another solution that would increase profits for PerBlue while making players extremely happy. Decrease the badge cost in gold as well as take back the secret increase in gold for skill levels. Yes, we noticed that hidden increase, and it drove a lot of paying players away from the game. So for this one, reduce the badge costs and revoke the latest gold increase on skills. It now is costing $1.5 million gold per level, which is the entire gold gotten from the Port’s highest levels in two days. If you lower this costs, people will feel that their investment in the game is worth it and would buy more packs. As right now, folks don’t see a return on their investment and don’t buy.

• City Watch : Lower the difficulty. There should be a way that at level 3 of any difficulty we shouldn’t be facing a 6 starred, lvl 160 Randall with an activated red skill that slaughters our best teams immediately. Maybe make it so red skills are only available to the computer on Epic, or have it so that only orange rated heroes are on normal mode. This would open up the game and increase player happiness. And happy players, are paying players. So decreasing the difficulty of this mode would benefit PerBlue a lot.

• Stacked Deals and Standardized Deals: Just bring stacked deals back. I bought deals because I could stack them with other deals. With the deals that people are offered right now, nobody knows if they are a good deal or not, so those who are choosy with what they spend their money on, don’t spend money. Standardized deals would allow folks to know if they are getting a good bang for their buck. So standardized deals and the return of the Stacked deals is a good investment for PerBlue.

• Level Cap Increases: Slow these down. My suggestion would be to have them occur only every two months instead of the monthly increases we’ve been seeing. And I can tell that they are taking up most of PerBlue’s time as well, as we haven’t seen many character refreshes, new costumes, or other information in a long time. So slow these down and bring back character refreshes and new costumes, as we haven’t seen a new costume in a year, and character refreshes are as rare as a solar eclipse.

Those are my ideas for three issues that are really hampering the game, and causing many players, paying or want-to-be-paying players, to leave the game. The changes listed above would benefit the game, the players, the company, and everyone. People will feel that they are getting a good investment when they buy deals, so would buy them again. So PerBlue will see greater benefits from this as well.

I hope you’ll take all these ideas into consideration, and hopefully have stayed with me until the end here. I genuinely enjoy the game, but feel it can be a lot better with the changes above.

Sincerely,
A Player since Beta.

39 Likes

I am glad that this “State of the Game” pushed player to give feedback. I’ve seen a lot of great ideas and I hope they are taken into account.

7 Likes

Slow. It. Down. Slow the releases down. That. Is the ONLY thing EVERYONE is asking for.

3 Likes

Yes this. Freeriders hurt overall morale, dedicated players can only carry the guild for so long.

1 Like

Do you hear that? It’s the winds of change.

And don’t forget too hard!

This is true, but I wouldn’t say it’s been a big issue. PB is already doing really well with this.

Honestly, the system is satisfactory. We just want easier campaigns and more story. :man_shrugging:

The library! I haven’t seen that suggestion in a long time. Stuff sure takes a while to get through the pipes.

Is there any chance for us to get a bit more info on this? What does it take to be qualified as “top”? :thinking:

8 Likes

Glad you’re finally admitting that the game is far from perfect and has a lot of problems. We really hope that you will keep your promises to make the game better than ever before and give us what we want. It definitely could use a ton of improvements and changes. Maybe you should make it much more fair and easier for everyone to get whatever character they want and remove those limited-time deals that require you to pay real money. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to fulfill the wishes from all the Treasure Planet fans including me that play this game by adding Jim Hawkins, John Silver, and Captain Amelia as playable characters soon. We’re so tired of waiting for the underrated masterpiece to finally get the proper amount of attention and representation it rightfully deserves.

5 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging some of the issues in the game. But PLEASE also reconsider the update pace as well. I am in one of the strongest guilds in my server, and I have been continuously losing my guild mates in the last few months. The overwhelming recap and requirements of staying at top is too much. While I am a whale, there are others who have just been around for a long time. People are getting exhausted of getting new characters for the sake of updating their teams (as you always make the new characters much stronger than the older ones). Our server’s strongest player has left the game as well. Please think of the existing players and help them stay motivated to continue the game.

3 Likes

It has been unbalanced lately as I know about. First of all saying that “the rewards (and drops) are falling behind” meaning that the drop rate(s) are pretty much low and us f2p players have been trying to catch up in terms of team exp, exp drinks, and materials for the badge(s), and lastly, some heroes are overpowered and it’s tough to counter them with high evasion on the disables and invisible which is tough to get through even with shields.

2 Likes

Agree with you 100%!! Thank you for addressing the problems in such an articulated manner.

3 Likes

First off, I love this game. I’ve played it for over a year, and it’s so much fun! Lots of great characters. My only qualm with this game is the solo deals. If people want to advance, and if you want to spend a little to make some headway, it would be helpful to have more incentive to spend than there is now. Before, you could get a couple of deals if you spent a little more. I would really like that to return, and I know I’m not alone. Thabk you for for such a great game!

3 Likes

This is a new decade. So its great to see u guys turn over a new leaf & share what u have in store. We all do appreciate it. Hope this decade turns into one of Disney Heroes’s best year.

7 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney