State of the Game May 2024

They need to fix it after e6 that’s the issue. Everything after that just hurts us all. They can get everyone to that point, but you will lose everyone at that point after.

2 Likes

Hopefully we see some Encanto heroes and maybe some of the new emotions from inside out 2

2 Likes

I really need auto-campaign!

Those mastery skins were lazy. Just changing a hero to blue, gray, and yellow is just stupid. We need more unique costumes.

1 Like

OK, thanks for sharing State of the Game.
You look excited about your news but the quality of the game is serious these two months.
Not only introducing Google Translate, causing the same glitches and mistakes again and again then no explaination about those…
PB’s lazy work strongly influences on what we see now.
You must have realized how serious it is to use Google Translate, after correcting “間抜けな映画”. But you know what? Max still calls Doof “Idiot”!
You should see how much players don’t like Max’s Friendship champeign. What happens to your writers, who provided us with intresting stories??
Please focus more seriously on the game, as well as new heroes. Just increasing the number of new heroes, while their animations or stories being lazy is not absolutely what we want.

3 Likes

Bing Bong won’t come to the game because Joy mentioned his death

1 Like

Adding a few more tiers would be nice, as currently it’s easy to finish the Battle Pass with about a week left to go; having two or three days left at the end would, I think, provide enough margin for error while keeping it from being unused 1/4 of the time. As for the “bugs”, well, I suspect one specific exploit is being referred to here, and I admit I’ll be sorry to see it go.

Are there plans to revisit the rarity of the enemies in friendship campaigns as rebalancing efforts near completion, or will they stay as they are now? And personally, I’d like for all five heroes to remain available for the entire campaign.

Speaking just for myself, I was looking forward to the quests related to the Mastery Skins, and was disappointed that they were just simply grinding out Arena or Coliseum wins with the related skin. If more engaging quests could be developed related to them, my interest would be renewed.

I’ll be sad to see the Discourse forum go, flawed though it is, because it’s still a far easier place to have lengthy, in-depth discussions. At the very least I hope it’s left in a read-only state for reference; there’s still a lot of useful content here. (And where will posts like the Chronological Hero Release Guide go?)

Will the team be considering feedback from the players in that regard as we near the end of the rebalancing process? I’ve seen quite a few valid suggestions for sprucing up older, irrelevant skill kits.

I do think that releasing one hero every eight weeks was too slow for the good of the game, but that cadence was slowed in order to tackle more pressing problems with the game, many of which are still ongoing (if, in some cases, significantly lessened). Will the team be able to continue working on the in-progress improvements while also quadrupling (or more) the number of heroes being developed?

Setting aside the increased cost introduced with the new system, I have other reservations about it, mostly related to how it renders any older badges and badge bits borderline useless. At this point I suspect nothing will be changing and any feedback would be pointless, though.

Copying this as a sign of whole-hearted agreement. Honestly no slight meant to the people writing the stories, as I have no reason to doubt they’re doing the best they can with the time and resources they’re given, but three of the past four heroes have had very underwhelming campaigns, and even Luz’s campaigns felt like they fell just short of what they were supposed to be.

EDIT: Re-reading this post, it comes off more negative than I feel; right now I’d say I’m cautiously optimistic about the changes presented here, if still concerned about ongoing issues.

2 Likes

Nonetheless, tbh I’m really happy to see what will come in the future…
I want to see more The Owl House and Amphibia characters, so more heroes are welcome(as long as the their quality is decent).
And about the Mastery Skin, I honestly liked them.
I enjoyed what kind of Skin each heroes has a lot, so I think Mastery Skin could move to another feature, just as Invasion! Invasion! is now focused not on colors but on franchises, so how about releasing one Mastery Skin as special rewards in Invasion?
I’m not sure about your Web Store. It sounds just like bypassing Apple and Google’s payment system.
Anyway, I’m ready for what to come in the rest of this year.

I…understand nothing. Is it like a store with DH deals, but directly from you instead of app stores?

How bad things are if I read “Funeral” instead of “Referral” for the entire paragraph?
Also, I…understand nothing again. Is it going to be a trial event dedicated to people migrating here from DSA?

That…sounds even a bit intimidating, cause that’s a lot. But exciting, no doubt.

2 Likes

We’ll that explains why new characters were slow early this year and let’s hope they do something with the loading screen we have and have these heroes in actions and not go back to the yellow one because I had enough seeing Scar on the screen plus giving these new characters a chance is good like Luz and Max made their debut in the screen and they came out this year and speaking of new characters I can’t wait to see who we’ll get because there are a lot of characters we’re expecting to see and there are certain characters that need fixing like Sarah Sanderson

I genuinely get mad whenever I have to raid for stuff, coz when I raid, i get AD CRATE AD CRATE AD CRATE AD CRATE AD CRATE it sucks. I hope they fix it so ad crates don’t appear after every level

4 Likes

Glad to see that this is still on track.

1 Like

Friendship campaigns have been much better since the adjustments were made. A few heros are still roadblocks in some areas (Significant looks at Scar’s long invisibility, and at Simba/Nala), and some campaigns are suffering from unrefreshed heros having to fight refreshed ones, but on the whole the improvement has been good. As more heros get rebalanced it should be in pretty good standing.

My main complaint here is the difficulty in obtaining them - I have none of these because of how high up they continue to be locked, especially when I was struggling with the power creep more. I don’t expect it to be just handed to me, but I’d like to at least be able to have a decent chance. I can’t keep up with every hero needed for the various additional trials nor necessarily afford paid resets, resulting in that I didn’t even realize Kronk got a skin until a couple days ago.

Honestly mastery skins were a major disappointment - they just change the characters to funky colors and don’t do anything else. Getting the skins has nothing to do with mastery, it’s how much you were able to crank out of the prize wall. They serve no purpose in the game and I wouldn’t be unhappy to see them shelved in favor of effort elsewhere.

Hopefully this includes updating older skill kits - the anniversary trials have been a challenge to contend with the buffs from the newer enemies. I keep timing out on the higher levels because I can’t break through all the shields, hardy, max hp increases, armor increases, etc. I’ve had and am having similar issues in several friend campaigns, the old, simple kits struggle to get through the newer third of heros, even with the numbers being brought into check. They just can’t contend. Especially with all the fail chances hampering older hero’s skills until you can significantly level them, whereas new characters rarely have skill fail chances.

Looking forwards to seeing who joins the game, though I hope we’ll be able to keep up with these increased releases.

Two other comments re state of the game: first, codebase desperately needs significantly increased drops. It doesn’t give anywhere near enough bits and I can max the meter in about 1.5 seconds.
Second, tier two patch is absolutely crippling my patch progress - I need it badly in terms of keeping things going and I’m getting so little even with routinely clearing/raiding levels that drop it. The patch drops barely increase as the trial levels go up, maybe it’s time to visit this!

1 Like

I’m excited for this!! I completely understand balancing, but more heroes will definitely freshen the game up in so many ways!! I’m excited for what you guys have in store!!

3 Likes

Hmmmm…

Any predictions eh?

If you insist.

If your are really keen on attracting players from Sorcerer’s Arena. Why not integrate some of the character from their to here. The characters are as followed:

• Cruella
  • The Caterpillar
  • The March Hare
  • The White Rabbit
  • Maurice
  • Mrs. Potts
  • Yokai
  • Mor’Du
  • Monterey Jack
  • Bruno
  • Pepa
  • David Xanatos
  • Hermes
  • Pain and Panic
  • Frollo
  • Jangles
  • Frank Wolff
  • Lily Houghton
  • Sox
  • Cobra Bubbles
  • Gantu
  • Adult Nala (Yeah, I said it)
  • Adult Simba (Yeah, I said that too)
  • Eric
  • The Big Bad Wolf
  • Mr. Smee
  • Tinker Bell (Couldn’t resist mate)
  • Wendy
  • Elizabeth Swann
  • Will Turner
  • Bashful
  • Doc
  • Dopey
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • The Huntsman?
  • Sleepy
  • Sneezy
  • Big Baby
  • Chunk
  • Lotso
  • King Candy

Other predictions include Mirabel, Luisa, and Isabela.

The Lion King’s 30th anniversary is coming sometime in the summer. So I would think that either Mufasa, Zazu, or the Hyenas would come to the game sometimes in near future.

Rabbit, Piglet, Kanga, Roo, Owl, and Gopher to round the Pooh Crew.

Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, the LGMs and Bullseye. The OG Toy Story gang just feel incomplete without them.

King Fergus for a little Brave representation (hopefully around Father’s Day).

Mowgli to complete the Jungle Book collection

Iago to round out the Aladdin collection.

Bushroot and Liquidator to complete the Fearsome Five.

A touch of The Little Mermaid with Sebastian and Scuttle.

For my left fielder, I still hoping for Toaster and his friends.

And lastly, a dash of those timeless classics like Pinocchio, Bambi, and Dumbo.

3 Likes

Yes, let’s add roster from game which failed. Most of these characters aren’t necessary. Dhbm doesn’t need more toys.

Only Cruella, Sox, Frollo, Encanto, and Monterey are good ones.

DSA added like 30 copy characters like Platinum Mickey, Elsa…

3 Likes

It only failed because the developers couldn’t keep the game enjoyable. It was either a never ending grind, a curb-stomp or a standstill if players didn’t have the dough (which from the looks of it, they didn’t)

The roster itself is pretty solid if you ignore the copies, which some of them would make pretty good costumes if you think about it.

1 Like

I don’t know about that because I heard the game is gonna shut down sometime in July

1 Like

I like where this is going and I’m still predicting for Inspector Gadget (1999 live action Disney version with the character looking like Matthew Broderick), Cruella De Vil, Anne Boonchuy, Pinocchio/Jiminy Cricket, Dumbo/Timothy Q. Mouse and maybe Molly McGee/Scratch and Star Butterfly.

3 Likes

Mr and Ms potato head isn’t gonna happen as already stated

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney