Stop with the balancing requests

Guys, stop wanting ‘balancing’, ‘nerfing’, etc…

What do you want to achieve with that? All heroes to be equally mediocre?! And you will have to evolve ALL heroes in order to have the right counters for each team you might encounter?

This game even currently has a TOO high importance on the rock-scissors-paper randomizing mechanism. You can’t reliably repeat a battle and expect the same result. If all heroes get ‘equal’, all we will get is a random result from the battles. Is that what you want really???

I’ll make a little Dragon Soul reference, but here we need Wee, we need Bard, we need Vulture, Bulwark, etc very powerful amazing heroes. This will bring the randomness down on the importance scale. I prefer the situation where I have to learn the skills and capabilities of 80 heroes like in DS in order to be able to counter a well structured team, instead the current situation where we have half the heroes, but you start the battle and start praying to the randomizing gods to be in your favor!

Yes, strong amazing heroes that can one-shot kill your team are NEEDED. And this is good, not bad! It’s just a little harder to learn how to counter them. But when you counter them the right way, you will know that your success or failure is not due to the randomizing algorithm, but due to your personal knowledge or ignorance!

So stop whining ever time a new strong hero is released or revamped! Get to know their strengths and weaknesses! Use the knowledge in your favor! Stop relying solely to your total power and put your brains in action!

Thanks for your attention!

7 Likes

Oh god. I cant agree with you more. After the big nerf (curse+quorra/baymax/tia) people just believe that if something is strong need to be cut down and they ask for more nerf every day… i see people ask to nerf moana bogo olaf alice mad hatter sparrow skellington… someone is even still complaining about quorra… and now i see also people complain about defensive perks and car value in war… why people cant just learn team composition, war strategy (its just math!), counters and synergies instead of just cry in there and reddit asking for nerf???

Balancing is healthy for the game. I agree that it’s important to learn about the individual heroes and their strengths and counters but there needs to be a semblance of equality to even permit counterplay to start with. Ideally about 70% of the heroes should be viable in one way or another. Right now I’d say it’s about 30-40% at most, and that’s being generous. The hero refreshes are helping though, so credit to PerBlue for that. Most heroes just need a little number tweaking to be viable, and it’s definitely doable, PerBlue just needs to be careful to not overdo things.

As for war cars, diva is ridiculous, anyone who wars regularly knows that it’s break diva or lose. There’s literally no strategy around that; every other car is redundant. Balancing the numbers will open strategy up, which again is good for the game.

2 Likes

I still think that some of these top heroes wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the abundance of them. They’re literally everywhere except campaign, and it’s not pleasant to have to chew through them over and over again.

1 Like

We are just winning a war without killing Diva. We have also lost wars where we killed it… It is not that simple down to 1 car…

Yup. Perblue is doing amazing work all the time. :wink:

Incredibly articulate post. Couldn’t agree more. It seems more people are concerned with the game being easy versus the game being strategic. Every hero has a counter and synergies are always being discovered as more heroes are powered up through badges, refreshes or new heroes being implemented.

There are so many heroes that can be good if given a fair shake. I know I’ve been seing Buzz pop up here and there and he is a hero I would’ve never pegged to be viable in the current meta and yet there he is. Just because a hero is common doesn’t mean it’s unbeatable. It just gives you more chances to find a counter. Then once you find that counter you can counter the meta and then you create the new meta. It’s as the OP mentioned with a rock/paper/scissors method of game balance. Someone keeps winning at rock? Then throw paper at them. Simple as that.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney