Sulley & Boo Red Skill - Not Working Properly⁸

So either I am misreading this or the Sulley & Boo (“Sulley”) red skill is not working properly. The second and third paragraphs of the red skill read as follows:

• “If Sulley heals over his or an ally’s max HP with Healing Laughter, that extra HP is converted to a shield that lasts 12 seconds.”
  • “The shield has a chance to fail on allies above level [x]”.

I read this as saying that the shield never fails if healing above his own HP level. So if no damage has been done to him and he uses the healing laughter he should get a shield… right? Well that is not what is happening. This screenshot shows Sulley up against Belle. An auto Belle starts by reading for a few seconds, so initially she does not attack. The screenshot is 6 seconds into fight. You can see that Sulley has just used healing laughter (no shield appears and none appeared afterwards), you can also see that Belle almost has a full energy bar from reading (she is about to kick his but).

I could understand the shield failing on team members (my red skill level is 14 so chance to fail on level 134 and above)… but surely it is not supposed to fail on himself… otherwise you would always need the skill to be maxed out to avoid failing on himself (which would be a bit weak).

Just seems a little weak to me.

Bad news: It is :frowning_face:

but that is not what the description says… it says chance to fail on allies

I really think you guys must define “Allies” in hero skills, not just with Sulley in this cass, @Polaris

There are some skills affect the caster, some don’t but all of their description say “Allies”!!! Then how could we know the difference???

For example: Goofy’s white skill says “allies” and it works on himself and his team mates. Queen of Heart skill says “allies” and it only works on her team mates, not herself… And of course, Sulley Red Skill too

4 Likes

Still not convinced that its supposed to work this way. Take Baymax for example, the red skill says “the hardy has a chance to fail on allies above level [x]” (mine says 159). I appreciate fail chance would be lower, but he gets a stack of hardy ever single time, not seen it fail once and ran the same fight against Belle multiple times.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney