Tank Hero Guide (PART 3)

Guess you’re starting with the Queen of Hearts after Olaf

1 Like

I am confused. None of the heroes you’ve listed are tanks

Judy and Rafiki are covered in the Support Hero Guide, which you can find in the list of links. Beast would have to wait, since Damage has the largest amount of heroes in the game, which could take a while to finish.

Update: added Olaf’s overview.

The guide ends here for now.

4 Likes

That’s the joke :stuck_out_tongue: They aren’t tanks but they can suffice at a pinch.

1 Like

Update: Olaf has been moved to part 3 in order to accommodate the arrival of Gonzo. Gonzo the Great shall be added here in part 2, so stay tuned!

3 Likes

@Aurora_Veil I was talking to someone on this PM and we were discussing about what Gonzo’s rank should be. I hope this helps (this statement is from me). I removed some bits to fit in with this comment.

Gonzo, the Great, has noticably high Tenacity. His skillset is about damage and damage resistance. He may gain a shield every 7 basic attacks and is more resistant to damage every 1% of HP he is missing. But he can only resist up to 9.9% damage, and this is when Gonzo is at 1% of his Max HP. Gonzo is clearly not cut out to be with heroes that can heal, for he loses some of his defense against damage. Gonzo’s shields actually sort of counter “Gonzo the Great”, for it defends Gonzo’s HP, which is meant to be thrown under the bus to gain more resistance against damage.

Um… you guys should definitely take a closer look at his damage reduction again. It. Is. INSANELY STRONG. He will be able to reduce up to 49.5% of damage, actually. And technically speaking, shields and healing will only help him last longer. Yes, this means he won’t resist damage as much with more HP, but in practice, being shielded or healed will only make it harder to bring him down anyway. So… yeah. I’d say Gonzo is looking like he will do just fine in any situation with just about anyone.

I thought I read 0.1%… lemme check

EDIT: Oh now I see

Update: at long last! Gonzo’s overview is here!

2 Likes

Might need to update Gonzo now that Launchpad is here

What do you mean by that?

(Edit: I just realized that you were talking about his Friendship Disk with Launchpad. That might have to wait.)

1 Like

Any thoughts on Mr. I now after his refresh?

Fighting him in friend campaigns is a chore

3 Likes

Especially if the campaign’s featured heroes are fragile/deal little damage.

2 Likes

He didn’t actually change that much after his refresh, functionally speaking. He’s just better at making that explosive comeback. But because he’s not good at protecting his teammates, he’s still not a popular choice for most teams. Not to mention he’s still very weak against Fantastic Damage.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just because I play PvE much more often than PvP, but for me personally, Mr. I at the moment is like one of my worst nightmares. I thought he was tough before his refresh, but now he can very easily decimate my team by himself once he activates “Super Duper”, at which point a CC hero like Frozone or Hiro is pretty much a necessity.

Though Nick with his charm is a good counter, as his charm can disable him long enough and provide a window for allies to deal more damage safely - and even cause Mr. I to shred his own team if he has any allies remaining. The biggest problem is that Nick has no Armor, so if Mr. I happens to activate his White skill and dive into the crowd, it’s pretty much a death sentence.

I also find him to be very troublesome in PvE, when I use him however he does not seem quite so effective.

I had this problem a lot where I could defeat everyone in a wave except for Mr. Incredible, and he alone would completely decimate my team.

What I’ve found useful is Elsa, Olaf, Jafar, Joy, and Bo Peep. Jafar’s charm and Elsa/Olaf’s freezes keep him from causing too much trouble while Bo Peep helps Elsa lower his health and Joy protects them between freezes and charms.

5 Likes

Update: added description for Hades’ Red Skill!

BIG NOTE: With Red Skills coming to all servers, y’all better watch out for the god of the Underworld! Unlocking this skill, even with poor investment, will shoot up Hades as one of the current best Tanks! Hades is the new dark horse that everyone needs to look out for!

5 Likes

I think you have an influence on how PB markets their deals. I just got a 45 chip deal for Hades :joy:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney