The Haunted Mansion Hype Thread

Welcome, Foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion hype thread! I am your host, your DHBM post host!

As some (or many) of you Know, Disney is releasing a third haunted mansion movie, that is completely unrelated to the previous two (unless the new one has Statler and Waldorf)

The new movie stars Rosario Dawson, Lakeith Stanfield, Danny Devito, Owen Wilson, Tiffany Haddish, Jamie lee Curtis, and Jared Leto and is supposed to feature many of the happy haunts, including: The hatbox ghost, Madame leota, the hitchhiking Ghosts, the sea captain, Constance hatchaway, stretching room portraits, the mummy, the ghost host, Victor Geist, and master gracey

The most recent haunted mansion movie was Muppets Haunted Mansion, which may just be the greatest piece of media of all time (/s). The movie stars the muppets Gonzo and Pepe the king prawn and features Will arnet as the Ghost Host. It is the most literal translation of the movie to cinema as of now (excluding the many celebrities featured as ghosts)

The first haunted mansion movie came out in 2003 and stars Eddie Murphy as a real estate agent trying to get out of the mansion he is trying to sell with his family.

And of course, the first Haunted Mansions that inspired all these films: The Haunted Mansion in Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland, opening all the way back in 1969 and 1971 (the only two I know)

On a scale from 1-5 how excited for the movie are you?

0 voters

Don’t know how to end this post in a haunted mansion way, but I guess… Bye? Hurry back I guess? I don’t know how to close this out but… goodbye? See you in the comments I guess…

1 Like

Jared Leto sounds he’ll do a good job as Hatbox Gho… oops, I mean Alastair Crump.

Alastair: I do love surprises. I hope you do too.

EmojiBlitzHatGhost

EmojiBlitzHatboxGhost-PowerUp

2 Likes

Just saw the movie, short non spoilery review: lots of emotion, very fun and funny, just a bit lacking in the haunted part but a lot of the mansion part

I liked the movie, just not as much as the muppets version

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney