The Inbalance in Server Content is Surreal

The point of having lower power caps on the newer servers is to ensure that if a new player joins the game that they actually have a chance of enjoying the game, including the PvP aspects, without being so far behind other players on the server and with no hope of ever catching up.
To use an example similar to one you have used, having the same power caps on all servers would mean that a new player would have an experience similar to joining kindergarten and being in the same glass as university graduates.

New content is released to all servers at more or less the same rate, it’s just the case that the older servers have a head start. If you join server 22 today you may not be able to upgrade to orange but obviously you won’t be able to immediately anyway. By the time you have a team that is ready to be promoted to orange, the power cap will probably have moved on and you will be able to.
There is nothing to stop someone from starting a game on any available server, and when they do the current level cap is clearly displayed.
I can understand the frustration of knowing that other players have access to characters and skills that you don’t but the system is there to provide the most enjoyable experience for as many players as possible and I have to say I completely disagree when you say it’s unfair.

9 Likes

I get the PvP aspect, but that doesn’t explain the fact that you have no choice in the matter what server your starting account ends up in. I don’t think new players want beloved characters like The Muppets, Joy, Aladdin, Genie, etc locked away for them. Sure you can enjoy the game with minimal content, but it would benefit everyone if they had access to those characters, instead of when they reach level 30+, realized they wasted their time, make a new account, and start over. I get you completely disagree, despite the fact, you can’t deny how bad it is for new players to spent a week on the game, get good and into the grove of things, but never able to get the training wheels off.

This is exactly why.

If you join on, say, S3 at this stage of the game, you’re 140 levels and 21 badge ranks behind the endgame, which trust me, you’ll never catch up to in a timely fashion (or at all) without spending serious amounts of money. Each server has a timeline, and older servers are over a year along that timeline. New updates, deals, rewards etc will be optimised for players approaching or at the end level there. Newer servers will have the same, or even a faster timeline. Imagine if we’d had all the content we have now when the game had launched - it would’ve been chaos!

If you told S21 and S22 players right now that their server was getting bumped up tomorrow to 140 and Red+1 with 40 new heroes, there would be a mass exodus :joy:

2 Likes

It just wouldn’t… there are different tiers and leagues for a reason. You’re argument that just because someone is new means they have to wait months for new characters that are already in the game is bogus. It’s not like a level 120 is going up against a level 1. Also, I don’t know how slow you are playing, but you could easily get to level 40 in just 3-4 days, and after that you know what you’re doing. Server 21 and 22 don’t even have the Inside Out characters yet, you know how ridiculous that is? If you are leveling up 1 lvl a day then I would get the content delay, but you’re not.

It would be a bit wild if they did that to S21 and 22 in such short notice, however that’s why I want a option for you to atleast once get a chance to transfer your account to a server of your choice and stay there.

On the oldest servers there are currently 73 characters available (with 3 more due to launch any day now). It’s great saying that everyone should have access to all of these but you have to account for the fact that in some cases unlocking just 1 new character can take months. Now try and imagine how overwhelming it would be to have 70+ available to unlock.
And that’s nothing compared to the additional time and stress involved in taking one of these characters and levelling them up, spending millions upon millions of gold on skills and increasing their rank (it’s no understatement saying that to get 1 character to increase 1 rank in the current endgame takes weeks. There are currently 21 ranks in the game (again there is a new one being added this week).

The simple truth is that if everything was available to everyone as soon as they started playing then 99% of new players would give up within a matter of days because they just wouldn’t be having any fun.

1 Like

This is true. What is also true (but you couldn’t know this being a new player) is that getting from one level to the next once you are over 100 takes around 5 days per level unless you are willing to spend a fair amount of real world money.
You are falling into the trap of assuming that the early game content and experience is more or less the same as the end game content. This could not be further from the truth.

Again this is true. But allowing new players to join a game and immediately be 100+ levels behind thousands of other players would make it impossible (literally) for the new players to ever progress out of the bottom leagues.

1 Like

That’s very subjective, because some players don’t care about 100% every character, and most just use and upgrade the ones they like. Your concern is that it would overwhelm everyone in S21 & S22, however that’s under the assumption that everyone is the same, that’s why I rather have them give you something that after you reach a certain lvl, you get 1 chance to transfer to another server, or stay in your current one. I just want the choice for the players. Instead of the game dictating what they can and can not handle. Of course some players might not want a lot of characters, but for the people who do, let them switch.

This also wouldn’t be a insane idea seeing how you can’t just bounce from server to server, you choose one and stick with it.

Well, there is a choice. You can switch server at any time, including just after creating your account. You can also have multiple accounts on multiple servers if you so wish.

Maybe this should be made more obvious to players, though I suspect that it’s a purposeful decision not to make it obvious because they want new players to stick around and ultimately spend, not quit because there’s an impossible mountain to climb

Also it seems you are confusing what I want, I don’t want them to merge the servers, I want them to either unlock the content for the newer servers, or give them a one time option to switch servers. They wouldn’t be stuck at bottom tier, because most things would stay the same, the only difference is the people who are basically at the wall can now progress further, and the real new players have something to look forward to, and have more options of a starting team with the new characters that are available.

Thats not a real choice is it? I can’t believe that you think a) start a new account and spend hours trying to surpass your current account or b) stay in S21 &S22 with limited everything, waiting months for something new, until the boredom kicks in and you uninstall the game is a proper choice.

This is another case where you aren’t allowing for the differences in the latter game. It is not possible to only work on a very specific set of characters. For example, if you only wanted to work on one character (let’s say Joy as you keep mentioning Inside Out characters). In order to to get her to max level you are going to need one (or both) of her friendship discs. That means also working on either Anger or Olaf. But it doesn’t stop there, you’re going to have to complete the friend campaign. And to do that you will have to use 3 other (set characters). So now you also need to improve Robin Hood, Mickey Mouse and Jessie (or Sally, Megara and Mike). So you see, to get 1 character to high power you actually need to work on 5.

And we haven’t even talked about heist, invasion or war yet. All of these modes limit the characters that can be used. So you now have to make a choice - either 1. stick with your original plan, work on a limited number of characters and drastically limit your effectiveness in these modes (and thus reduce your progress in them, and rewards from them to virtually none) which will slow your ability to progress and make you fall even further behind the pack, 2. don’t play these modes at all, don’t enjoy a very large amount of game content, lose rewards and fall further behind, or 3. realise that you can’t keep up with your current strategy, decide that you need more depth in your team and wish you were on a server with less available content.

2 Likes

As someone who started on server 19 recently, I’m am GLAD we have less than server 1. I am way too competitive to want to try to do everything at once. I’ve only just hit the current level caps ( that is about to go up) only about half my characters are fully leveled, and half of that number has their skills maxed. And the only character available to me that isn’t unlocked is Hiro. Only a handful are five stars, but I should have more? No thanks, little at a time, same as literally everyone else please. Maybe you shouldn’t assume everyone thinks like YOU.

3 Likes

I don’t, don’t assume you know me. It makes you sound full of yourself. I do think that there are people like me that would like to get to the locked content sooner, and I want those people to enjoy the game too without the constant feeling of being limited.

I get you like talking aggressively, however I don’t see how you can think you are right, it doesn’t effect you if others that aren’t you are given the option to transfer their accounts to another server.

So, it’s okay for you to tell people that disagree with you that thier opinions are invalid because not everyone feels that way, but pointing out that not everyone feels your way is being aggressive. Okay. Am done with talking to you. Only your opinion matters so no one else should waste thier time.bye.

Boy are you in for a world of suprise. As a server 5 player, I WISH I was in a higher server with less content like yours. Do you honestly think, just because I have the option of 70 characters, that I actually use all 70 of them? I only (can) use 20 of them. I’ll always only use the same 20 of them. I never even bother with the new characters released because all the resources I have go to maintaining my main 20.
If you look at every Patch Note released since January this year, you’ll see how many people keep complaining how fast the level cap increases are. The first 70 levels are easy, but since Perblue pulled a Perblue and raised the level requirements from level 85 onwards it’s basically impossible to keep up with the level cap.

1 Like

Exactly this here too :’( Darkwing Duck is my newest ‘strong’ hero…

1 Like

I know right that’s what I said I have some orange five heroes and some at still purple! BASE PURPLE

I’ll chime in and agree with PerBlue’s move too: I have tried other games where the wall is immediately slammed into the faces of new players which greatly diminishes the fun: sure you can ‘cut to the Chase’ and skip 70 toons to favor the current 5 meta ones, but you’d miss out on the fun that the others (once) presented. It’s the collection and theory crafting element that at least for me was a great part of playing this game.
In fact, coming from S19 and hearing the ‘rave reviews’ for Merlin and Jafar, I’m not even sure I’m actually looking forwards to advancing to the current meta. I like PerBlue’s method of keeping the original speed of progression intact (first I’ve ever seen).

1 Like

More content for newer servers: Bad idea.
Possibility to Switch Servers: Good Idea.
My opinion :wink:

1.start new server with more content
2. Spend some money, doesn’t take much to progress that VIP whole. Do tapjoy still etc (little as $10-20$)
3. Promote back to 30/40 with 1-2 days
4. Enjoy more content and this conversation was never even started

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney