The OG challenge Day 3 completed

Not entirely sure where to put this so I’ll post it here and it can be moved around if another place is deemed more appropriate.

So you look at the title and are probably wondering what this is about. It’s a new self made challenge that I am creating and would invite others to join in on as well. What I am doing is called the OG challenge. The first 5 heroes every player gets in the game are Ralph, Elastigirl, Frozone, Vannelope and Yax.

The idea is simple; use these 5 heroes to clear the game. Arena, Campaign, CW, Elite Campaign, etc. I have created an alternate account on S22 named “Mr OG3” to accomplish this challenge. If this gets enough traction and people wish to join in on this I may consider creating a guild for the participants. My goal is to reach Challenger. Whether or not it is possible is going to be another thing entirely.

The goal of this challenge is to 1. Be difficult and 2. Throw away the notions of meta and tier lists to enjoy the game in a new way. I will keep this post updated with progress as it happens.

Other rules, stipulations and some Q&A:

Q: What about Trials/Invasion?

A: Each of the 5 heroes belong to a trial team. Ralph and Van are Blue, Yax is Yellow and Frozone and Elastigirl are Red. To supplement these heroes I am going to raise teams based on their movie of origin. So Incredibles for Red, Zootopia for Yellow, and Wreck it Ralph for Blue. As a side note I will not be using Syndrome for Red team. The purpose of the challenge is to use base game heroes and Syndrome was added far too recently for my taste of the challenge, most would also have him replace Frozone since they are both Control heroes but seeing as Frozone is one of the first 5 is a no go in my book.

Q: What about Shank?

A: Shank I will be allowing as while not an original hero Wreck it Ralph only has 4 heroes adding Felix and Calhoun to the 2 originals. Iirc she was released during the first year of the game which is close enough for me personally in my book.

Q: What about Colosseum?

A: Team 1 is always going to be the 5 original heroes for offense and defense like they are for Arena. Teams 2 and 3 can be composed of heroes mentioned above.

Q: What about Heist/Surge/War?

A: So long as you only use those heroes you can participate in whatever game modes you want.

Q: What about heroes needed for disks?

A: You can use the heroes that give or are used in the campaign/missions for a disk involving any of the above heroes but only until you get that disk. After that they, like the other 80% of the cast will be permanent benchwarmers.

Q: What about X not mentioned in the Q&A

A: If there are any other questions feel free to ask and I will answer them when possible.

With that here is the current progress as of 130 AM CST 6/11/20 End of Day Three:

Start Day of Challenge: 6/8/20
Current Day: 6/11/20
Days played: 3

TL: 37
Arena: Bronze 5
Col: N/A
Campaign: 5-3
E-C: 3-5
Highest CW: Easy 1-1
Highest Power: Elastigirl B1 Lvl 37
Power: 2,277
Benched: Powerline

9 Likes

This is such a stupid idea but I am totally in.

6 Likes

Interesting idea. But I don’t think it’s possible to be honest. Most of these characters are worthless, and the others need synergy to be good.

8 Likes

Truth be told I don’t think it’s possible either but I am going to take it as far as I can.

1 Like

I like this idea, but I, too, doubt it’s feasibility.

1 Like

Before I invest time into this let me get some things straight.

For trials I can use the starter characters franchise? Same for coliseum (expect for team 1)

Heist surge and war are the same as trials?

Right?

1 Like

As others have said, this is stupid, but I love it. You’re probably going to need a truckload of mod upgrades to make it work though. I’ve been curious over how Frozone would do with a bunch of purple levels on him, let me know how that works. :+1:

2 Likes

Correct. Essentially use the OG 5 as a single team whenever you are able to otherwise supplement them with the same movie’s characters. Surge, Heist and War will be a bit of a backburner as game modes to focus on as you don’t necessarily need the tokens for chips since more than likely those heroes won’t be located there. Save for maybe Shank.

Edit: War might be something else if enough people jump on board to have a full enough guild to be competitive. As for @PawpsicleSticks, I will find out in time but it will be a bit before I get there as personally I am going to attempt this F2P as well.

Edit 2: I am also going to post major advancements such as first CW clear on each difficulty, promoting into Bronze, Silver, Gold, Etc. I welcome everyone who is participating to post their own milestones and have a post similar to my own where you track your progress at the bottom.

3 Likes

Apologies for the double post but as promised I have some major updates on the challenge.

Three things of note happened today:

1. Dash of the Incredibles has been unlocked. Now he can join Mom, Dad and Uncle Lucian on Red team.

2. Ralph became the first of the OG team to gain a second star. Hasn’t meant much for his survivability but it is still an achievement nevertheless.

3. I am no longer in Copper as we see the promotion to Bronze, while small is still progress to that all important Challenger rating.

Outside of this the OP will be updated to show the results at the end of Day 3/Early Day 4.

2 Likes

I assume you mean Lucius?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney