The Ultimate Lucky Student

:warning: SPOILER WARNING :warning:

This concept includes spoilers to the popular visual novel Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and possibly Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the World Vanquisher. If you take an interest in the series and will prefer to not have any spoilers, you are free to not view this concept. You have been warned.

It’s the new year and my first concept of the year is… Nagito Komaeda! I guess you can say this was rushed. I mean, I spent my time playing Danagronpa 1… I stopped focusing on the game… and I just finished the concept last night. So any feedback is appreciated!

With that aside, let me talk about how Nagito is my favorite character… wait, no, I think you guys should figure it our for yourselves. It would be quite lame if I did so. Anyways, to the concept!

Nagito Komaeda

“I just…want both sides to do their very best. I want to see with my own two eyes…the absolute hope that lies ahead.”

Nagito Komaeda walks onto the battlefield, relying on his luck to give everyone hope.

INFO

Trial Team: Red

Position: Mid

Role: Damage

Stars: :star:

ANIMATIONS

Entrance: Nagito walks into his position and waves his hand.

Victory: Nagito raises his arms and cackles

K.O.: Nagito crosses his arms and chuckles

Basic Attack: Nagito throws a baseball at an enemy, dealing Y damage

SKILLS

Kill Command
:fist: Normal Damage
Passive: Nagito’s basic attack has a 90% chance to bounce to the nearest enemy, losing a 10% chance of bouncing to another enemy again with each bounce. Each bounce allows the baseball to deal Y more damage with each bounce.

Active: Nagito takes out a remote detonator and detonates a bomb in the back of the battlefield, causing a massive explosion, dealing X damage to enemies near the bomb.

Each buff the damaged enemies have have a 50% chance of getting removed by the explosion. If these buffs are removed, the enemies are dealt X damage for each buff removed.

Fire Grenade
Every 3rd basic attack, Nagito will throw a fire grenade at a random enemy, dealing Y damage. The fire grenade will then bounce onto the ground. When Nagito uses “Kill Command,” the fire grenades release a toxic gas in an area. Each second an enemy remains in the area of toxic gas, they are dealt X damage and have a 50% of losing the longest lasting buff.

Buff removal may fail against enemies above level Z.

For Hope
Nagito takes out a gun from a sweater and aims it the enemy with the most basic damage. There is a 30% chance that the gun gets jammed.

If Nagito shoots an enemy, the enemy is dealt X damage and Pierce is applied for 8 seconds. Whenever Pierce is triggered, there is a 50% that the two longest lasting buffs will get removed. Pierced enemies take 5% of their Max HP as True Damage each time they are dealt Normal Damage from an enemy. Skills that deal damage over time can only trigger Pierce once per second at max.

If the gun gets jammed, Nagito will instead gain X Basic Damage and Reflect for 6 seconds. While Nagito has reflect, there is a 50% that debuffs applied to him are reflected to enemies, dealing Y damage. Heroes with Reflect prevent 100% of damage they would take and instead return that damage back at the enemy who dealt the damage. Reflected damage cannot be dodged.

The bonuses applied to Pierce and Reflect only apply if Nagito applies them.

Dumb Luck
Whenever Nagito inflicts normal damage, there will be a 50% that the normal damage will deal bonus true damage equal to 50% of the normal damage initially dealt.

If Nagito’s baseball bounces over 3 times, it will also stun enemies for 6 seconds whenever it deals damage.

Stun may fail against enemies above level Z.

Hope’s Stepping Stone
When Nagito is KO’d, the enemy who KO’d him is dealt Y True Damage and they receive all of his buffs while the rest of the enemies receive all of his debuffs. Each of these buffs and debuffs deal X damage to enemies whenever they are removed or they expire.

Whenever Nagito performs a basic attack, he gains a stack of “Luck”. Each stack of “Luck” increases his basic damage by Z and increases the odds which the bonuses of his basic attack and skills by 10%. Nagito may only have up to 5 stacks of Luck. Nagito loses a stack of luck whenever he is disabled.

Additional Stat Boosts:
+Z Max HP
+Z Skill Power
+Z Evasion

X = Skill Power; Y = Basic Damage; Z = Level Cap

BATTLE BADGE

Is charged in battle when:

Stun is applied to 3 enemies.

When charged:

• Armor: +Z
  • Basic Damage per Damage Role Hero: +Z
  • Hardy: +4 stacks of Hardy

FRIENDSHIPS

Nagito Komeada - Hiro Hamada
Embodiment of Hope
Fire Grenades Stun
Allies: Ron Stoppable, Launchpad McQuack, Chip & Dale

• “Fire Grenade” deals Z more damage
  • Stunned enemies take Z Normal damage every 2 seconds
  • “Fire Grenade” now stuns enemies for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds. If the enemy is already stunned, Nagito extends the stun’s length by 3.6/4.2/4.8/5.4/6 seconds

Synopsis
Nagito comes up to Hiro after hearing about his achievements and rambles on about the hope Hiro and Big Hero 6 can bring to the world. Nagito offers his services to help Big Hero 6, but he proves to be both an asset and a liability in battles against the creeps.

Nagito Komaeda - Dr. Drakken
Out of Luck
Basic Attacks Apply Fatigue
Allies: Sarah Sanderson, Merlin, Raya

• +Z Basic Damage
  • Nagito deals Z more Normal damage to enemies with at least 1 stack of Fatigue
  • When Nagito’s basic attack stops bouncing, they apply a stack of Fatigue for every time they bounced onto the enemy they stopped bouncing on. These stacks are also applied to surrounding enemies. Only 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of Fatigue may be applied this way.

Synopsis
Drakken convinces Nagito into helping him with an experiment, explaining that he is planning to use his luck to make an invention to change the world “for the better”. As Nagito follows Drakken back to his lab, though, lots of unlucky mishaps begin to occur to Drakken…

Hope you liked it!

8 Likes

Might do Kokichi next I dunno

Or Genshin

3 Likes

Actually this concept made me view him in a different way :thinking:

He does seem actually rather okay. Still not a fan of him but you did good, fox boy. Now do Kazuichi next >:D

1 Like

Give me 10 Karuta tickets and then we’ll talk~

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney