The uselessness of friend power-ups

How many do I actually need to pass this stage? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: This is insane :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

It is all because of Simba. They charms my Drakken at the very first second of battle and boom, everyone is dead :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: please remove them from this campaign

1 Like

I use power-ups often. For example, I want Anna-Manticore disk and my Anna rank is Yellow 11 and Manticore rank is so low. In this case, if it is difficult to proceed with the campaign, the power-ups item is very helpful. This is useful when I want to invest resources to Anna but not to Manticore. Usually, if I use power-ups 1 to 3 times, there is no problem in clearing it.
I haven’t done the Drakken - Gizmo campaign, so I don’t know the details. But your Drakken’s rank seems too low.

Power-ups only give slight boost, you still need to upgrade heroes.

3 Likes

Quita a DRAKKEN

The friendship between the 2 main heroes will not be removed.

1 Like

You’ll have to promote Dr. Drakken enough so that his Tenacity improves; that way he can overcome the opening charm before he’s KO’d, and after that, IIRC, it’s not hard for him to finish the rest of the stage solo.

Sometimes I think PerBlue intentionally puts Simba & Nala (or Elsa or Coldsnappers) in friend campaigns to make it impractical to get past them with just friendship power-ups.

I was once told Powerups are meaningless until you’ve gotten 200 of them.
That was for Sisu specifically, it may vary for other Friendships.

But I know I’ve having a rough time with Bagherra because he’s got minimal powerups due to him being newly acquired.
To highlight how ludicrous that is, he’s Y0 277.

To be bruticusally honest, it’s all very well advising upgrades, but the stamina to fuel the upgrades doesn’t appear from nowhere, it either has to be saved up for months or bought with real money.
In my personal experience, fuelling an upgrade for some character means denying an upgrade for someone else.

Drakken needs enough Tenacity to resist the Charm, so he’s not charmed for long enough to use his blue.

So, rank up Drakken.

That’s why I try to avoid doing so, or recommending others to do so, unless it’s the main hero (i.e. the one getting the badge) that needs upgrading. After all, if you’re trying to earn a badge for someone, it seems safe to assume you plan to use them and thus need to be upgrading them anyway.

(Truth be told, I frequently go back to attempt badges for heroes I don’t plan on using, just to see if I can, but if I hit a roadblock, I just put that campaign on the backburner rather than try to find a way forward.)

1 Like

You won’t lose much anyway, Drakken is best control hero in the game, and best source of reflect too.
Drakken is a great investment.

I finally completed this campaign with 58 power-ups and a R6 Drakken. I unequipped his disc to avoid him K.O himself then finished it with him only (others died). After that, everything was much easier

1 Like

I have noticed Simba is often very strategically placed to where he will be an absolute pain. Since their refresh he is the #1 roadblock in multiple friend campaigns I’ve done now. I’ve had to majorly overpower teams several times now to deal with him. I don’t think it’s so much that the power ups are useless (far from it I’d argue, they allow you to get the disk with far less stamina, if you’re willing to be patient) but rather that certain heros now are overpowered in older situations.

2 Likes

Yes, the cantankerous cubs are always placed where they will be a problem:

They need to be banned from the Friendship Campaigns entirely.

I don’t think that word means what you think it does… in this case you’re the one acting cantankerous towards them

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney