This contest is extremely greedy

I doubt there’s even an issue. This is another instance of PB saying screw you to active players.

Anyone who finishes the hero quests on day one just flushed tons of points down the drain. No one could have seen this coming.

The least you could’ve done was waited out the issue, had a different contest all together, or just have taken the prize token progression out.

As someone who prefers to use a backpack and knock everything out on day one of the prize wall, this is a pretty big brick wall for me.

The first idea isn’t always the best idea, a wise Gemini sun once said.

1 Like

I do see this point but also, ehh, every contest has some element of “save up X thing just incase” and this isn’t the first contest featuring prize token earning.

:man_shrugging:

… it’s still unfortunate and annoying, though, since the adverse impact is much greater than for a guild contest (which did also have this requirement, to clarify)

4 Likes

what if prize wall points weren’t the first idea (/s)

Very true. People that went crazy over Raya killed their points. I wouldn’t call it “greedy” though, as there is also the city watch, stamina, and gold that gives points.

I agree. It’s super greedy of them, especially since stamina and prize wall tokens are used for points. They’ll probably do a fortify the network contest next week too, so people keep spending. They should’ve done a co-op contest for f2p.

1 Like

Just a side note, they messed up their schedule with the change from guild to solo.
It MIGHT not happen, but don’t get your hopes up too much.

This, 100%. In fact, IIRC, it was a guild contest six weeks ago that had this same requirement. Not that all that many people care about saving up to score points for those, so yeah, I can understand people forgetting about it…

If they’re planning on a co-op contest for sometime around Christmas (which wouldn’t surprise me), then I can understand not wanting to do two in one month, but otherwise, I agree, they should’ve changed it to a co-op if it wasn’t going to be a guild contest.

2 Likes

I Mean they basically do two ftn contests a month (maybe one with more stuff can score from then the other, but still both ftn contests)… honestly I think a nice change would be individual, guild, individual, co-op for contest formats monthly instead of three individual and guild.

Though will say until expanded/new guild perks are implemented or a way for perblue to convert guild contest coins into a large amount of some other form of currency for entire guild (badge booster crates or stamania or vip belts with diamonds or better yet a package of all these things), guild contests are kinda useless. I mean we got 1.6 m guild contest perks going with nothing to use on.

1 Like

Sadly this is the state of the game. They never make it unplayable, but they also stay clear of making the game enjoyable. We are all just a bunch of suckers for pain 🤷

2 Likes

Not 100% true.

Maybe partially true, but I don’t wanna talk about the game in general as it’s gonna go off-topic. Quickly.

2 Likes

They are definitely doing a ftn contest. They wouldn’t pass up a chance to get more money

City watch is decided by a daily limit of how much you can play.

We just had a stamina contest and a good contest. Not a single person has any stamina and gold right now. I only took my Raya to R0 and upgraded the skills minimally. I feel bad for the players with maxed Raya whom just had all their points flushed down the drain.

1 Like

Plus resets from challenger play.

I’ve still got plenty of gold and a decent amount of stamina, probably because I just settled for the progress rewards and didn’t bother spending anything to push past 1M points.

I would say that at least you could learn from this and wait for contest to start before hitting the prize wall hard in the future, except PerBlue should have guild contests working again by the time another prize wall token contest rolls around, so it won’t matter then, will it.

1 Like

Bored, I was upgraded her to 3 stars and O2 >:vvvvv

Oops. Lol I completely forgot about the upcoming contest. I knew they did this but I was off today so I have just been playing the game while doing other things not thinking at all and screwed myself over. Dang.

Ok, so wall comes out, I get her from the first round of daily tokens, have most of the resources just sitting around so I power her up, collect all the other hero quests, use those to get her to 6*, and now find out not only did they have a contest where earning tokens and powering her up matter, announced literally hours after she came out, when they could have easily warned people or, crazy thought, activate the wall tomorrow when the contest started, so nobody could miss out on the opportunity to earn points from it, but then they convert it from a guild contest to a solo one, so now we’re looking at stamina being the really only way to effectively earn points that’s not capped.

I accept FTN as being part of the contest cycle, but yeah, this is effectively a second FTN for anyone that got an early start today.

FTN is guaranteed for next contest. It’s a pattern of every three weeks. Guild contest, FTN, personal other (like spending gold). Repeat.
They have had at least one glitch in schedule otherwise you can bet your life on the pattern.
With that said it’s becoming too difficult to have two stam contests back to back also applies to gold contests back to back. CW back to back. Especially when they are six days. The quality of life PB has been trying to address unfortunately is on a downturn because of them.

2 Likes

Meh i ussualy skip these contests. To much resources to spend on. And the rewards arent that good

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney