This contest is utter garbage

Rewards are utter garbage and getting worse for 75% of people the only useful stuff being rewarded is disc power and kuzco chips everything else only helps about 25% of the player base
Do better perblue you said you all were adjusting and making rewards better instead they been getting worse

10 Likes

@TheGrillFather everyone below 1% rank is getting less badge crate rewards from this contest than previously, and even those at 1% aren’t seeing any material change

this doesn’t remotely even come close to offsetting the increased stamina requirements for the new badges… ?

We also seem to have way less other stuff in the progress rewards compared to before?

I feel like I’d find it sensible if every badge crate amount below 1% was at the very least doubled, and the higher ranks scaled from 50 up to around 120…

Currently an entire full guild of full progress, top 10% players will receive less badge crates overall than the rank #1 player :joy::thinking:

8 Likes

Before, there were Badge Booster Crates on every progress tier, so even if a player couldn’t make it to a million points, it was still possible to get some meaningful reward for getting halfway there. Now the only reward worth any effort from the first four tiers is the disk power, and even that is rather low, being less than one-third the amount needed to max one disk.

It really seems like the pendulum is swinging back from a few months of allowing low-pay and FtP players the ability to advance a decent number of heroes, to allowing only whales to get enough resources for more than a bare minimum of heroes needed for war/coliseum/trials. Between content now getting paywalled, contest rewards heavily shifting towards whales, and costs for most new badges increasing by about 50%, I’m honestly feeling like PerBlue tolerates rather than welcomes my presence in the game, because ~$20/year isn’t enough, apparently.

10 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself

1 Like

They made it easier to rank up a wide variety of heroes when there was no real point in doing so because only around 20 were viable.

And now they say intend to fix the balance so that more heroes are viable, they will make it very difficult again to actually rank them up.

Certainly not a coincidence - that fits perfectly their classic MO of Squeeze rather than Please

6 Likes

The rewards are bad for months and always spending stamina…

I think this is 15th stamina contest in a row

First Open Diamond Crates contest since June 2020, interesting change

About disc power, I believe it got cut down. I remember last contest gave us 3+M disc power, not just lousy 2+M…:joy::joy::joy:

I get a feeling their business isn’t as good as it was (ever wonder why :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:) because you can clearly see their desperate attempts to milk players of their money :joy::joy::joy:

They only increase 1% rewards to encourage people to burn (spend) their resources :joy::joy::joy:. Why else?

Just so you know, @TheGrillFather, there will always be people like me, who refuse to burn our resources (even though we have) and fall victim to your manipulation :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is correct; the previous solo contest granted 3.25M disk power for reaching 430,000 points. Considering it costs over 7M disk power to raise a disk to the maximum level, even that is on the low side, but at least it would pay for leveling up one disk a month, on average.

4 Likes

:+1:t6:
(Ten characters)

Spender perspective here. I agree with all of @Pipsqueak comments but wanted to add that the rank rewards of every contest since I’ve returned have been utterly useless for those winning them.
Spenders do not need older hero chips or skill chips and everything else is worth less than half of a $5 deal…
Rank rewards should feel exclusive like they used to, now ranks are only about the medal which is very disappointing.

3 Likes

Well -

Contest - not increased outside ranks 1-10, in most cases actually decreased
Weekend Trial - increased slightly, but with reset cost nearly trebled to 7m stamina, this is also a net decrease

“significantly increasing”? Our last chance to see this is Prize Wall, but if they are going to be less often than before, chances are this will also be a net decrease. :thinking:

4 Likes

Why do I feel like there should have been “decreasing” in that sentence.

If you think about it @TheGrillFather told us that the stamina use is out of control, that there is a disbalance and thus they are increasing the requirement for future badges (even though not said as such, that exactly happened).

And then, all of a sudden, in a next sentence

I would still expect the opposite to happen, cause you essentially need 3 lucky badges to almost craft an E5 badge.

They adjust the stamina cost of Weekend Trials by the measly 2 badge crates given in Stage 10. If only they gave those 2 badge crates in all stages for clear, otherwise the entire Weekend Trials are far too useless for those unable to 3* Stage 10.
And as we know, there are still instances where even maxed heroes are almost unable to 3* Stage 10 with some resets, making the entire Trials pretty pointless.
Besides, it has 0 added value to those with all heroes at Patch Level 20 basically.

I need Dante chips :cry:
Need to increase XP drink & coins (we really need that). Coins rewards should be 1B :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Well… I’m happy I got Eda & Rose chips from weekend trials 🥲

After having played the FTN this week, it’s even more evident how ridiculous this change is.

Not only is the distribution of Rank rewards all messed up, you now don’t get a single badge crate in the Progress rewards until 1m points

The amount of stamina spend to reach 1m points is ludicrous, this progress structure just doesn’t work especially in FTN. Now all the rewards up to 1m are practically worthless, whereas previously we could settle for a lower tier and still get some badge crates.

The statement of “significantly increasing” badge crates in these different modes was an outright lie. Significantly increasing it for 5 players per server and decreasing it for everyone else is completely unsatisfactory. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Just wait seems hero avatars have ended as well now this current contest has no hero avatars

@TheGrillFather why are there no guild emblems in contest? So many heroes have yet to be featured

1 Like

The rank rewards are also worse than last one. Last contest we got 700 chips for Cogsworth & Lumiere at Top 5%, but now it’s 60 chips for Negaduck at the same percentage? Why is it lower?

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney