This contest... this contest, just UH (Contest Talk Thread)

Thats cute
Again, trust us
Youre not getting the amount of resources you should be getting

3 Likes

Only one year? Take it from someone who’s been playing since the very beginning, the rewards in this contest are pitiful.

5 Likes

Nah,don’t think I will

I like the rewards and I don’t mind it

1 Like

I do my way and my way only :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think they are trolling at this point. :expressionless:
Ignore and move on.

6 Likes

That I will do

1 Like

Seriously?
Same contest just different rewards?

Have we no other ideas for contests?
Nothing to keep players excited and engaged?

Same motonomous day after day…

How sad…
:frowning:

4 Likes

this is a fair point, we just had basically this exact contest in guild form

is it intended to be the same again?

4 Likes

@samm you guys haven’t fixed the hero chip economy at all, yet this time decrease the amount of diamond crates we get???

Way to go, Perblue

3 Likes

I’ve got a few comments about the latest contest, at least one of which is actually positive, so hey, it’s not all bad:

Working our way from the bottom up, we start with points given for using Patch Essence – hey, a new way to score points, cool! Except… points are only given for Patch Essence Tier 4 items. I suspect only people who’ve actually bought Patch Essence at some point in the past year have reached the point of being able to use Tier 4 Patch Essence. So, basically, this is 100k points solely for whales, who probably don’t need the help. Disappointing.

Next we have points given for using the new hero, Kuzco, in successful Arena attacks. Nothing new there, but at least the points given can reach almost 300k; and since this is something that nearly every active player has a chance of achieving, it allows more players to participate in the contest and work towards some level of rewards. More like this, please!

Now we have the standard block of points for using heroes in a game mode, in this case using characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas in arena victories. Unfortunately, at 30 points per hero per victory, we’re looking at a potential few thousand points, maybe up to about 12k without spending diamonds. Honestly? If that’s all the points we can get through this method, I’d rather it be left out of the contest completely.

Now we get to the main point sources: spending gold and (again, sigh) stamina. For players just wanting to complete the progress tiers, we can just say that it takes spending 36048.5 gold per point and 24 stamina per point; those figures aren’t 100% exact, but close enough. So, how much does a player need to spend to reach a million points, assuming they get the nearly 300k for using Kuzco?

If a player focuses as much as possible on spending stamina, they can get a little over 660k points from 15.9 million stamina; that still leaves about 40k points to get from spending about 1.4 billion gold, but if someone spends that much stamina during a contest, I think it’s safe to assume they’ll have spent at least that much gold as well.

If, instead, a player with a McDuckian fortune decides to just spend gold (and use Kuzco) to achieve the progress tiers, it’ll take 25.234 billion in gold spent to reach 700k points. And there’s certainly plenty of players, even some who are F2P, who can afford that, but it’s a time-consuming grind.

How about doing some of each? If a player wants to pursue a split of 3 points from stamina for every 4 points from gold, that would take 7.2 million stamina and about 14.42 billion gold to combine for 700k points. If someone has “only” 5 million stamina to spend on the contest, they’ll need to spend about 17.72 billion in gold. And so forth.

And this is with the unusually generous 300k points from using Kuzco (which I want to emphasize, I’m truly happy with and would like to see continue).

I know, I know, the scoring is determined by complicated formulae based on the amount of resources that players on a server have. But as the deals are getting better (again, not in itself a bad thing), the differences between players who spend regularly and the players who buy at most a deal every 6 months grow wider, and we wind up with fewer players able to complete progress tiers while the players chasing the top 1% rankings can spend more and more resources.

No doubt the team responsible for contests has a lot on their plate, but I’d hope they would look at the numbers and be open to making adjustments to allow more players to complete the contest tiers. Scoring methods that give a few hundred thousand points for tasks that most active players can achieve (like using Kuzco in Arena wins) are a good step in this direction, and I hope we’ll continue to see this in future contests.

3 Likes

And to make it worse, the stamina regen rate has been changed back :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: which means we earn less stamina :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

About the patch Essen, it should be all tier lv, not tier 4 like this. Only payer can earn those points, it is disgusting @Samm

4 Likes

I mean I like the new stamina storage

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney