This game is dying because lack of effort from PerBlue

This game is dying and it’s not because people are leaving. People leaving the game is a symptom of the problem. PerBlue is prioritizing things like new heroes and better deals over fixing what’s broken or giving the players what they actually want.

We want updates for

1. Invasion - both the activity and rewards
  2. Heist - shocking is too easy now
  3. War - good gosh we need the MMR update. It’s been over a year since PerBlue started working on updating the MMR. It feels like this is a stall tactic, either because PerBlue doesn’t want to introduce the MMR update or doesn’t know how. I don’t know if that’s true. It just seems like it’s taking too long and we haven’t seen any progress. If it isn’t true, then please send out an update with an improvement or at least a change in the MMR. We need improvement, not perfection.
  4. Glitch fixes

It seems like PerBlue is trying to make it easier and more enticing to buy deals while putting in as little effort to improve the game. If that’s true, it will be to their detriment in the long term. This game is dying solely because PerBlue isn’t listening to their customers.

From a business perspective, you can’t honestly expect to not satisfy your customers and hope to keep your business running. The players are the customers.

6 Likes

PerBlue is doing fine with this

I was told about the namaari and vinny glitch. I don’t really use vinny against namaari so I never had that glitch happen to me, but I haven’t heard anything about that glitch getting fixed.

The pacha glitch is still there despite that I told PerBlue about it months ago and sent in a video with it.

Joy still bugged… and not fixed with 4.4 [grumble].

2 Likes

Well, you summed up in your point 1 what´s missing in every mode not just invasion.

The rewards are too pitiful to even bother. And not just the ranks, but also generally the tiers (invasion), crates leading up to legendary (war)… and like what in the heaven Heist even is?

2 Likes

Yeah I would appreciate better rewards in just about every aspect of the game as well. When the level cap was 180 or so, the rewards were much better because less heroes. They’ve expanded the need for resources by adding heroes and increasing the level cap, but haven’t expanded the rewards. They’ve essentially pulled the rug out from under us but slowly.

And heist is rarely played anymore except for when it’s needed for a contest.

Heist should become a top priority of existing game modes, after the upcoming new one will be released.

Heist is dead for over 3 years now… horrible rewards for a lot of time spend on.

In my view the thing that could really help revitalize Disney Heroes are Guild Perks, whether updating existing ones or introduce new ones.
Guild Perks gives players objectives can work together towards guild wise, making it to something collaborative and potentially fun.

So yeah, really hope Perblue can start working on updated/new Guild Perks this year or early next year :-).

3 Likes

For a while, it looked like they had improved the latter, after Miguel’s update. But regrettably, it was just for one invasion.

It was a special invasion. I do agree the rewards should always be like that though…

2 Likes

Just going to add my 2 cents in there as well.

The fact that we are being bombarded with a massive amount of deals, ranging from cheap to very expensive - most of which are really good value in terms of cost, really has my Spidey senses tingling.

There is an obvious lack of resources for players in game, ranging from gold, stamina, mod power, disk power, skill consumables, etc., as they won’t offer deals if people have the resources, else no one would buy them.

Why is majority of this hidden behind money?
Why not help players by giving more resources to continue playing the game for years to come?
If the game is not being ended very soon, why this sudden focus on getting players to spend money?
It is honestly perceived to be a last push to get as much money out of players as possible before the end.

#myopinion

8 Likes

My 2 cents…

This is actually nothing new. And has happened in some intensity over the last 4 years so. I really should write the thing I wanted tomorrow, so that Loutre and Nugget see it.
Of course, none of the feedback will go to devs and even if it does, they will likely dismiss it, but at least everyone can see what I think about this… … …game. God, I can hardly even call the thing that way anymore.

2 Likes

Agreed
but it feels like it was exponentially escalated over the last 2/3 months

Deals at 3/4 times the normal value (Megabits, stamina), 1 hour deals to push people that are already stressed into spending “because it is so good and only available for an hour”
From a business perspective it make sense, but I really wish they would think about the players and what this is doing to them, after all, without a player base, the game is nothing.

2 Likes

Game is going to shutdown soon

Eh, I wouldn’t worry about that just because of an increase in the number and value of deals and some weird shenanigans in how some of them are being offered. There’s other signs that would be needed to get me worried, like

• game-changing bugs left unpatched longer than usual
  • taking longer to patch an obviously-broken hero than before
  • less communication from community managers
  • patch notes being late or forgotten

Basically, stuff that would support the idea that we’re getting fewer heroes because PerBlue is moving resources from DHBM to other projects, rather than PerBlue’s stated reason of shifting focus within DHBM to improve the quality and reliability of the gaming experience. After all, they really do need to work on maintaining the game if they want it to keep going much beyond five years, which is, from what I hear, a really long time for a mobile game to last.

2 Likes

Agreed with your examples
However, if I may compare this to two other very real life examples:

Clothing stores sell last season’s clothes at a dicsounted price 1. Because they don’t want to pay for storage for 9 months, and 2. they know that any money they get now is better than having to throw it out and get nothing for it.
Compare this to the rare resources we are getting now for cheap - better to sell 15M mod power now for 25 bucks, because it won’t be usable in x number of months when the game ends

Similarly, grocery stores sell close to expiry items at discounted prices. Any return made is more beneficial than having to throw it out.

It is just business - and like you said, 5 years is a long time for a mobile company to last.

I said it once (or twice) and I will say it again. They just don’t care about us anymore!

Remember the time they said that they stopped giving out sign-in heroes to improve the game? And after fixing red skills economy (which they didn’t), they would work on Yellow ranks (aka Codebase) and skill points?

4 months since that and nothing happens :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Perfect example of neglect. They either haven’t done anything worthwhile or worse, havent done anything at all. Take your pick

2 Likes

I mean considering Portal Quest got shelved because of some “new project” it isn´t completely out of question that DHBM is on sort-of a standby mode due to that as well.
I don´t say it is, but it feels a bit that way.

I mean, again… Portal Quest. If we go solely by that, Disney Heroes has like a year left.
If we don’t go by that and trust PB about it being the biggest moneymaker I think it has few years left. Since if the new project becomes the moneymaker (which they won’t know until like half a year or a year into the new game, presumably releasing in roughly 9 months), then Disney Heroes might be slowly shifted to an extensive standby mode and ultimately close.

But we don’t know of their plans and so far these Halloween deals seemed much like the discounted prices in shops. In the way going to the customer, not because the stuff is trash.

I despise megabits, mainly because of how much they cost to upgrade or enhance. If you win an individual contest, you get 150 megabit crates which yields enough megabits to upgrade a total of 4-7 heroes depending on the current level of the battle badge. That is absurd. If you go all out to win an individual contest, you should be rewarded with something that yields incredible rewards, not mediocre rewards.

1 Like

Pacha has a glitch where he can reduce all incoming damage to 1 and he won’t die. I sent in a video showing that 2 months ago and they still haven’t fixed it. I checked in with them today. They said they were looking into a completely different glitch with pacha. Seems like they didn’t even know about the glitch I was talking about despite that I reported the glitch and sent in a video and posted on the forum about it before.

The mayor can only heal he is above 50% HP and deal damage (for the most part) when he is below 50% HP. Since he is a backline hero, where is the sense in that? Wouldn’t it be best to deal damage when he is above 50% HP and heal when he is less than 50% HP?

Meilin is definitely broken. She can’t be targeted when using her active skill or green skill. Both skills do a ton of damage, more than most skills from damage heroes. Doing either of those skills likely KO heroes and there’s hardly any time between when the active skill or blue skill are used.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney