This is Pathetic

It’s a glitch when something out of the ordinary happens with out prior notification from the developers.
I’ll admit I availed the power ups, yes I abused the glitch, am I mad they sent a warning?.. No!! I appreciate it, it just proves that the developers are actively invested and care about their game.

4 Likes

I got that same warning after farming hundreds of free power ups :’(. I promptly stopped

1 Like

We only got 2 free per day the last 3 invasions and you’re gonna say you didn’t know it wasn’t intentional? Lol I know we all hoped it was intentional but deep down, no businesses will ever give you something like that for free. There was no event notification saying “Free unlimited Invasion powerups!” And we alllll know good and well PB is notorious for bad events and deals

2 Likes

Can I assume?
Sure.
Do I know for certain?
Nope.
Let’s not forget that they said they were planning to make tweaks to the invasion format.
How can I know, for certain, this isn’t one of those tweaks?
I can’t.
And it says an awful lot about how ‘invested’ PB are given the players found this before QA did…

I can say for certain. The tweaks for invasion were clearly listed on this forum and no where did it include unlimited powerups. On top of that, the new invasion update hadn’t even happened yet. It’s on April 8th. Plenty proof right there that no one can claim they genuinely thought this was intentional

1 Like

And in case anyone “missed it,” here it is

2 Likes

Great attempt at justifying your anger. :wink:

2 Likes

I wasn’t gonna enter this discussion, but for this statement. Their are some players who appear to be on Non-stop all day.

There are many many more players than Perblue employees, and they cannot possible know everything as quickly as the players do. Also, even after something is noticed, they have to search their programs to find the error to fix it. Thhese things take time.

4 Likes

I can tell you I was on most of the day yesterday. I was one of the first who discovered this glitch before the rest of the server found out. But I know about it maybe 5 min before people from top guilds started running their mouths in VIP. Those not in top guilds took it to global and that’s how we ended up in this position. And I can tell you, even tho they let me keep my powerups, they hurt me HARD on points. I earned 122k points before the glitch and I had 172k points after the glitch. They took away ALL my points even the ones I actually earned fairly. That’s more than enough punishment if you ask me.

Edit: and as Champion just stated, they never would have known about this if 1. It wasn’t all over vip and global and 2. So many people didn’t abuse it

I only did it for the invasion rewards…
It was bittersweet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is my stated opinion that am not convinced that this gamemode will improve the gameplay further.

You should look forward to it. Seriously. The only real we got this message was due to a glitch which allowed us to refresh the shop and receive unlimited free powerups - which almost EVERYONE on servers 1 and 3 took advantage of. This normally does not happen and it’s actually fun seeing how insanely strong your team can become.
Edit: don’t take my post about my points personally either. Neither I nor orher players that I am aware of have ever had points taken away before.

4 Likes

If they did, I would salute Perblue.

2 Likes

All I could do was drop my jaw! At the audacity of that post!

I don’t live my life in the forum.
I don’t mark updates in my calendar.
This shouldn’t be considered assumed knowledge.
The onus is on PB to prove I knowingly exploited a glitch.

So what you’re saying is PB is under invested when it comes the number of employees employed in QA given they can’t actually assure quality as this incident has proven?
Kinda sounds like we agree…

1 Like

Looollllll omg you’re really something else. Stay away from video games if you can’t assume that cheating is grounds for banning. Stay away from video games if you can’t use your common sense to determine the difference between a glitch and and intentional event.

2 Likes

Then that’s where common sense should kick in. Why in the world would PB give us free unlimited power-ups?

2 Likes

As the OP I am not disputing that it was obviously a glitch. I’m disputing the extremely angry handling of it by PB, considering that the timing of it meant that it wasn’t exactly game-breaking, and that it was 100% their fault. It wasn’t exactly “cheating” when there was nothing material to gain…

Nothing material… Wow have you played invasion.
If Mod power, other invasion rewards and a better position in the invasion rankings isn’t material I don’t know what is :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney