This is Pathetic

I only did it for the invasion rewards…
It was bittersweet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is my stated opinion that am not convinced that this gamemode will improve the gameplay further.

You should look forward to it. Seriously. The only real we got this message was due to a glitch which allowed us to refresh the shop and receive unlimited free powerups - which almost EVERYONE on servers 1 and 3 took advantage of. This normally does not happen and it’s actually fun seeing how insanely strong your team can become.
Edit: don’t take my post about my points personally either. Neither I nor orher players that I am aware of have ever had points taken away before.

4 Likes

If they did, I would salute Perblue.

2 Likes

All I could do was drop my jaw! At the audacity of that post!

I don’t live my life in the forum.
I don’t mark updates in my calendar.
This shouldn’t be considered assumed knowledge.
The onus is on PB to prove I knowingly exploited a glitch.

So what you’re saying is PB is under invested when it comes the number of employees employed in QA given they can’t actually assure quality as this incident has proven?
Kinda sounds like we agree…

1 Like

Looollllll omg you’re really something else. Stay away from video games if you can’t assume that cheating is grounds for banning. Stay away from video games if you can’t use your common sense to determine the difference between a glitch and and intentional event.

2 Likes

Then that’s where common sense should kick in. Why in the world would PB give us free unlimited power-ups?

2 Likes

As the OP I am not disputing that it was obviously a glitch. I’m disputing the extremely angry handling of it by PB, considering that the timing of it meant that it wasn’t exactly game-breaking, and that it was 100% their fault. It wasn’t exactly “cheating” when there was nothing material to gain…

Nothing material… Wow have you played invasion.
If Mod power, other invasion rewards and a better position in the invasion rankings isn’t material I don’t know what is :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Maybe there wasn’t anything to gain for YOU. but you don’t know how many people weren’t able to hit their tiers and used the free powerups to do so. That’s cheating, is it not? The advantage for those who did hit the tiers was gaining a one up on their opponents to get back into the top 5. That’s cheating, is it not? Those didn’t take advantage of the free powerups were knocked out of the top 5 and unable to gain the mod power from promotion. That’s cheating on behalf of those who did, is it not?

Edit; let me also add that glitches are NEVER the fault of any game developer. They are what they are - issues with programming. They cannot determine every single little issue and depend on players to let them know when there’s a problem. Do you know what I saw on chats the day of this glitch? “Shh don’t say anything” “Use them fast before they take them away.”

But GOD FORBID something takes rather than gives as YOU stated, people are so quick to report it to PB. That IS the definition of cheating. Refusing to report something or taking advantage of something in order to gain something in return is cheating. And like it or not, we all did this. If your child received this message, that’s your responsibility as his or her parent. You cannot blame PB for this

5 Likes

Don’t break the rules. It’s as simple as that. You are not entitled to anything.

1 Like

Exactly. I feel like I’m allowed to defend this since I am one who participated and received this “atrocious” warning lol

2 Likes

Right, if people hit tiers they wouldn’t have otherwise hit, then yes they received an unfair boost. That said, I don’t know anyone actively playing it that wouldn’t have / hadn’t already reached tier 20.

In any case my point stands - they were clearly able to determine who collected extra powerups, so why not just take them away along with any ill gotten gains and admit their error.

That would’ve been so simple with minimal fuss. Instead they chose to lambast the players which can’t ever be a good idea.

You’re not understanding that it’s still a violation of the ToS to abuse or cheat on these types of games, regardless of who’s at fault. You can blame PB for the broken game all you want but they didn’t force anyone’s hand here. If we had all reported this, myself included, instead of taking advantage of it we wouldn’t be in this spot. That’s why it’s our fault and not theirs …notice when theres a bug that hurts us players basically round up the entire Server to report it so it gets solved quickly? Why not with this one? Because no one that willingly took advantage of this is stupid, Pip. We all knew what we did was wrong

1 Like

A number of people did report it, though. A guild-mate replicated the glitch, took screenshots and submitted a ticket - received no reply and promptly got the permaban message along with everyone else

Do you think the number of people who reported is higher than the number of people who abused? This message was sent server wide, obviously. Abusers got, people who only took 1 or 2 got it, and people who didn’t abuse at all got it. Kinda obvious they weren’t targeting anyone.

1 Like

Oh, really?
I dont recall seeing this message when thousands of players bought 500,000 Arena Tokens for cheap. Isn’t that a glitch too?

PerBlue can’t be mad they didnt fully test this out.

3 Likes

500,000 arena tokens where was I when this happened!!!..
I could use a glitch like that :wink:

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney