"Time to Tip the Scales!" Robin (from Fire Emblem) Concept

Here is my second DH:BM concept, this time being my first unlikely concept. Since Fire Emblem Heroes is the other main mobile game that I play, I figured it’s only fitting if I do a concept for the character whose Smash reveal trailer over 6 years ago (Has it really been that long? Oh my goodness.) got me into the series in the first place. The avatar character from Fire Emblem Awakening…

Robin
Source: Fire Emblem Awakening

Description: A close friend of Chrom’s who, despite having amnesia, has a keen eye for tactical strategy on the battlefield.

Quote: “Our bonds give me strength!”

Role: Control

Position: Mid

Stars: :star: :star:

Trial Team: Blue

Animations
Entrance: Robin enters battle via warp magic (like he does in Smash).

Victory: Creates flames by waving his free hand, then extends that hand in front of him.

Defeat: Closes his book and falls forward on his knees.

Basic attack: Robin summons a gust of wind that closes in on an enemy.

Skills
White - Thoron (Fantastic Damage)
Passive: Every 10 seconds, all of Robin’s attacks do 5% less damage.

Active: Robin casts Thoron, doing X damage to all enemies in front of him and blinding them for 8 seconds.

Green - Arcfire (Normal Damage)
Robin casts Arcfire on the closest enemy, doing X damage per second for 5 seconds and reducing their basic damage by Y and their armor by Z for 8 seconds.

Blue - Nosferatu (Fantastic Damage)
Robin casts Nosferatu on the furthest enemy, stealing X HP and 400 Energy from them and Cursing them for 8 seconds.

Purple - Three Steps Ahead
Robin is immune to a specific disable that changes every 10 seconds. The first disable of each wave that Robin is immune to is stuns, then follows the pattern of stuns, silences, blinds, charms, then freezes. Immunity to any of these disables has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.

Red - Tip the Scales
Whenever Robin successfully dodges the disable he is currently immune to, he and his allies gain X Skill Power and 60 energy.
Whenever Robin is otherwise disabled, he and his allies heal for X HP.
+X Basic Damage
+X Reality
+X HP stolen with “Nosferatu”

Friendships
Robin/Ian Lightfoot
Campaign: “Deeper Magic” - Robin and Ian study and practice magic together. (Allies: The Beast, Hades, Tia Dalma)

Disk: “Thundasir Tome” - “Thoron” Slows Enemies
+X Basic Damage
Enemies damaged by “Thoron” have their attack and movement speeds are reduced by 9% (+9% per star) for 6 seconds.

Robin/Tia Dalma
Campaign: “Deities and Destiny” - Robin asks Tia Dalma if she can read into his future and what will happen to his friends. (Allies: Hercules, Merida, Ian Lightfoot)

Disk: “The Mark of Grima” - Saps Enemies
+X Reality
+X Max HP
“Arcfire” and “Nosferatu” also sap enemies for 1.2 (+1.2 second per star) second(s).

Alternate Costume: Female Robin
Female Robin (Awakening)

Notes:

• The passive effect of Robin’s White Skill is meant to mimic the durability system in mainline Fire Emblem games, where each weapon only has a set number of uses for the entire game. Originally, I planned to imitate that effect similarly to how it is imitated in Smash, where each move only has a set number of uses before Robin has to wait a bit to use them again, but as I started developing around that idea, I found it a bit difficult and awkward to make it work smoothly, especially with how quick-paced battles are in this game. So I instead opted for a simpler, but easier to implement and more consistent damage reduction over time.
  • I chose blue as their Trial Team color purely based off of the fact that Male Robin is considered a Blue Tome unit in Fire Emblem Heroes. (Female Robin is a Green Tome unit in that game, and obviously green isn’t a Trial Team color here.)
  • The effects of “Three Steps Ahead” and “Tip the Scales” are, in a way, meant to reference Robin’s incredible perception and tactical mind, being able to anticipate their enemies’ moves and find ways to take advantage of them.
  • Initially, the Curse from “Nosferatu” and the sap from his Tia Dalma disk were swapped. However, since Nosferatu is a dark spell in FE, I thought it’d make more sense to have the skill Curse by default. Plus, it didn’t make sense to me for “Arcfire” to also Curse enemies since it isn’t a dark spell.
  • I chose male Robin as the default as opposed to the female Robin since that was the one they used to showcase Robin in their Smash reveal trailer. Although, truthfully, if they were to actually be implemented into the game, I’d like for both genders to be accessible right off the bat, for the sake of fairness.
  • I doubt this actually needs to be said, but don’t expect me to upload concepts every day just because my first two have been back to back. It only just so happens that Bolt and Robin were already my most thought out concept ideas before I actually started properly developing them.

Again, let me know what you all think!

11 Likes

Great concept. :+1:

I do like this and its pretty unique.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney