Tips, hero guides and Q&A (Permanently Closed)

I will release the next guide to the majority’s liking

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m changing the rules. I’ll touch on the aspects that are highlighted and voted by u for the next guide.

Dear Forum users, I will now be free to make posts until September to 9 October. During the stated period, I will not be frequently online posting. Thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

10,000 is very low for both values, you know that right? Practically every hero has at least 10,000 BD and SP. Even Joy.

This isn’t a weakness :confused:

Not anymore

Just say “removes energy and slows” :neutral_face:

No need to over-explain it

Can you explain? Because Jafar can’t KO an enemy with “Sands of Time”

Why should they be stopped?

That’s not a bad thing. This is to reinforce the usefulness of the attack speed boost to the charmed enemy. Remember, the enemy is on your side when disabled. You don’t want your ally to be disabled, right? This is why Frozone’s EVE disk is disliked among many.

coughs

Sorry but may I remind you that Goofy (Je) exists?

Skill upgrades have no place in level-dependant skills :neutral_face:

Whirling Dervish runs on Skill Power, not Basic Damage

BD mods are practically useless on Jafar.

Okay? It isn’t like I couldn’t tell.

The energy block is only active on the enemy charmed by Jafar :man_facepalming:

The energy steal helps Jafar’s charm last longer

Yoh know what you could add? Never increase Jafar’s attack speed when he is channeling “Snake Charmer”. It reduces the length of the charm.

To answer your first question, because when you’re attacking, the charm will abruptly stop if the hero takes in more than 15% HP.

To answer that, yes I know this disk exists. It’s just I didn’t unlock that’s why.

It’s just to increase his chances of dealing a fantastic critical hit.

@Filadae_Djaq, I know you’re being honest but you and I have our own views. This is what I personally recommend from my own experience. U may be more experienced than me.

It doesn’t. I asked “why” not “how”

No excuse to leave him out :man_shrugging:

Scarers, am I right?

Also, Jafar’s Fantastic crit is extremely low, and equipping Fantastic crit mods would be expensive. Scared are cheaper and more effective.

I have some experience with Jafar too. Used him since release and still use him today.

How do you find the new and improved guides?

• Useful
  • Not Useful

0 voters

If it is not useful, why?

Do you have any comments or suggestions on improvement? I will review them and then I’ll take your suggestions into consideration and if you have any information that I didn’t mention in my guides, it will be extremely useful to tell me (good things must share, right?) and I’ll repost my guides if needed. (I’m calling you, @Filadae_Djaq)

Some negative feedback: but not meant to discourage, please consider it as an editorial breakdown not as a tear you apart.

-Not every character benefits from fantastic crit. Seems like your stuck on that stat…
-I really don’t find cheerleader reviews ; where everything is awesome! to be helpful. Felix sucks bro; Don’t encourage newbs to waste resources on him! I think a useful analysis would be to compare and contrast all of the Blue team healers and explain how Felix is quicker than K&S but Sven has…, or point out that Felix CAN scale well but you will need the following types of investment. To review each type of upgrade and how that could be useful is a waste of time because as posted above: don’t spend BD on Jafar!!!
-a balancing act: Don’t be so pedantic with game state whilst also elaborate more on YOUR opinions/observations; Yes- tenacity means what you described and thats true for everyone, so why repeat it. Saying “low tenacity” is sufficient; don’t need to explain that means he gets disabled and thus KO’d. However , you brush right over more complex ideas: his white and purple skills as negative? Explain why that is since that is a subjective analysis vs stating a game state(objective). we all getz iced up but why you think that is better with Frozone vs Elsa is where the value added comes in with these guides.
-who cares? felix? Everyone haz them, nobody uses. Jafar? Mmkay but last year called, they want their meta discussion back. Pick what people like: review Mulan; help newbs understand how to beat her. Review Rapunzel and discuss Hardy and skill power affects. Why is Chesh meta shaking? Explain Shan Yu’s ramp, Study: which captain to choose, etc.
Picking lam-o chars that we all go through and mostly discard is just not needed. Its like telling us all the ways mcNuggets are a menu option and also Wendys haz nuggets and also… but we want to eat steak- where is the meaty complex chars that would actually benefit from discussions on their nuance.
-Format:
Use dropdown boxes per post, add some graphics when you start a new char so the reader doesn’t have to scroll through it all; take a look at Aurora Veils for an understanding of clean look.
-trying to do too much:
What do you want these guides to be? For whom?
Are you creating a resource for newbs? Is this a reference for fun team building, is this a spotlight on under-appreciated chars? Is this a timely recap of relevant trends(study teams, shield meta,scare comeback?), Is this an in depth full char breakdown? You don’t even have to pick one type, but decide what kind of guide you are writing and focus on what the goal of that guide should be. If its for newbs talking about spending mods is bad advice, but choosing mods is itself a valuable discussion where you don’t need to get in detail about team-building.

Again, I hope you take the criticism as intended to address readability/appeal to the reader.
Keep on creating content and sharing your truths. I appreciate you are trying to contribute to the community and that is itself laudable. I don’t get much from your guides right now; but I am still reading when you post them and have hopes that these will eventually turn into another good source of quality analysis.

1 Like

OK. I will see what I can do about this. Thanks for the suggestions as well. Maybe I should be neat. Should I do up another channel where u can find all my guides? Like @Aurora_Veil?

I think it depends on how much content you push: if your char review posts come once a week: I think editing one superpost is sufficient because it will constantly be pushed to top.
If you want to do a separate , slower type of guides where you breakdown only skills and there is less frequent updates- maybe its own channel so you can set it and forget it.

That does bring up another tip and linklinklinklink links drive traffic!

@purplemur, in short, u want me to:

• Focus on other, newer characters
  • Suggest teams that are useful
  • Rearrange all my guides to make it neat
  • Improve my guides

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s all you want, right?

1 Like

BTW, I’m thinking of letting you join my club and u can help and work as an editor (u get freebies). I can get other forum users to pitch in, if needed.

-other chars- yes. So many to choose from…stitch is super pops, Tangled franchise, people seemed to go nuts for Minnie?? I don’t get it but people were excited for Capt.Amelia??? Take the pulse of whats hawt and stay relevant.

-suggest teams- I think in regards a character not existing in a vacuum; yes explaining the strengths of a char is only so helpful without application. Newbs always love suggestions as it gets overwhelming with choices

-rearrange- maybe if you need to centralize topics but when I mention Formatting:
Use Fonts, Tighten your leadins- use visual effects to delineate sections, judicial use of hard returns. Use drop down boxes so its not pages of pages of text. If I need to reference the tips on Jafar then I need to find it easily/quickly.
But that doesn’t mean make copypasta out of what you have already done. Find a style that you like and use the form.

-improve your guides. This. This type of statement is what I am talking bout: so basic it lacks helpfulness. Of course my advice was to improve your guide it is implicit in the context.
Example:
So when you hear “don’t forget your umbrella” we get it’s because of rain. To say “when the storms come clouds drop rain and people get wet. Umbrellas keep you dry- and then you explain how an umbrella works.” It actually makes everything you say diluted. Analysis and a Walkthrough are two different things.
1)there is a legitimate need for basic things to be explained. For example: Too many players do not know about armor, and there are a lot of other very basic things that need to be written out so a child could follow. You could write a great one!
2) Felix is squishy because…
You actually did a good breakdown with his red being more than enough armor compared to the others in his class. Telling us the ways in which Felix is squishy and the specific counter-measures should be succinct and exacting.

Don’t be afraid to be bold and make YOUR opinion known!
Controversy drives clicks.

Hmm… Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can repost my guides AGAIN. Lol

Dear forum users, the posts will be going for maintenance and as such will not be accessible for now until maintenance is complete. Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

I’ve been receiving many comments about things that I don’t add in my posts. I want to clarify:
1st. I don’t unlock all the friendship disks for heroes. I think that it is useful and I use it and whatever that can benefit from it, I just write it.
2nd. I’m not as pro as you so apologies if I don’t add other info. Like I said, I just use whatever that is useful for me.
3rd. You can help me with my editing. My English skills is somewhat OK, but I need editors who can help contribute instead of just commenting and asking me to edit. I’m just a teen. Don’t pressure me!

That’s all I want to say. I hope you can help me with everything. I need guidance to tell me what is right and wrong. I need helpers instead of commentors, or critics or spectators who just don’t like my posts or keep commenting, asking me to change. It takes time and I’m busy. So beat it.

We comment for Your good. Take Criticisms!
World is full of criticism!

1 Like

I am part of the PM for your stories. Maybe you could expand that PM to these guides so we can help?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney