"Toxic" Rank Feature Preview

Personally wouldn’t want to see toxic 1,2 etc. and rather it be just one toxic rank to end all ranking and just have levels only for players to worry about at that point as there are so many toons in the game and just keeps growing. I know not very money demanding that way and some may think the game would die then but I disagree.

Having less players in the pool to play to fill guilds and play fairly against each other with a mix of ftp players is equally important to be successful guild and server wise in my opinion.

Otherwise sounds plausible but really have to see it before I believe it like seeing new guild perks being added to the game and not just say they coming eventually.

7 Likes

i like how it sounds but as a F2P player I HIGHLY doubt I’ll ever bunch up enough resources to get a single unit out of yellow rarity; I’m already struggling to get most of the heroes I want to use TO yellow as it is

9 Likes

My question is will there be a cost to changing the stats on the toons or will you be able to mess with them to your hearts content?

1 Like

I want to know whether it’s be free to change as well if you mess it up

3 Likes

Wait what is Toxic

1 Like

The rank after Yellow. The name might change, but for now it goes by “Toxic”, which may be fitting depending on how it ends up affecting the game lol

?

I think you haven’t seen this topic: :point_down:t2:

1 Like

I’m confused. Your response to me only backs up what I said, but you present it as if I was somehow mistaken. It’s temporarily being referred to as “Toxic” but it will be changed.

1 Like

So we will stop leveling heroes and focus on Ambition lol

All what we spent on our heroes will be gone for losing to toxic?? So nice

5 Likes

Not going to lie I thought toxic was going to be purple like poison being purple from pokemon also is toxic our final rank or will there be more ranks in the far future?

1 Like

For now I’m more cautious, mostly cause I don’t know how this will work out in practice in the game itself.

The ability to choose yourself seems promising! I do hope you can also change after you have initially chosen an option. With Mods for example this is a thing that you can’t do very easily. So having choice, and also hopefully the option to change things for a hero again would be great.

This doesn’t seem great. It creates a mayor gap between a hero that would be max rank for Yellow and a hero with a rank higher (the first of Toxic).

Heroes you don’t upgrade fully but remain in Yellow will become very bad very soon I’m afraid. Since we are working towards the idea that all heroes should be use-able, this is not a good thing. We are not able to upgrade all heroes (don’t have those resources) and with this heroes will fall from being useful very quickly.

So yeah difference between high Yellow heroes and Toxis heroes is probably my main concern.

9 Likes

They don’t work at perblue.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s finally time to introduce the rune system from dragon soul? This thing wasn’t just interesting. It encouraged people to learn their heros in and out.

Dragón Soul murió hace tiempo. Su final fué muy drástico. Precisamente el sistema de runas fué el comienzo de su fin.

1 Like

I am very much not excited for this.

Honestly, this is no one’s fault except the team who are designing the heroes and badges.
It is not like we didn’t raise concern 5 years ago about this.

So what is the goal of badges then? To get us to spend stamina?
Use mods then or friendship disks!! The addition of just another complex area of the game is definitely not going in the right direction.

Yay, another stat that is difficult to track, probably difficult to get resources for, and quite possibly add more glitches and lag because of the complexity of the calculations

RIP to the average player.
It is already impossible to compete with Patches.
Now you add another way to just scale heroes out of reach.

Can we change this and is the cost to change going to cost an arm and a leg?
If we cannot change, please leave this idea on the shelves.

People learn over time, and if it is not possible to easily change you are condemming people for making a wrong decision.

Who is going to decide these?
Because forgive me, but so far the decisions to give certain stats to heroes have not been done well… so how exactly is this going to be different??

RIP to the average player, again.

We cannot even maintain current rank costs.
So essentially it is an all or nothing deal?
That sounds extremely fun. (it is not!!! Just so we are clear, that was sarcasm)

We have been sharing comments and concerns for the last 5 years, so sorry if I am not filled with confidence that this will make any difference, because to date, it hasn’t.

@Samm another thing if you could please clarify:
If Toxic rank heroes will have enough normal crit and fantastic crit needed at that rank
what will the purpose of Normal crit and Fantastic crit mod upgrades be?
will these become absolete?

9 Likes

Love it! Toxic

It is not going to be called Toxic.

So if all you love is the name, rethink your love

5 Likes

All of them are the amazing and the ultimate.

2 Likes

Plz stay on topic.

2 Likes

We had a subclass system in our Portal Quest game and allowed players to change the subclass there fairly easily, so I imagine we would do something similar here. That’s not confirmed though, just my best guess.

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney