Treasure Planet Badge Reference: Jim Hawkins in Battle Mode?

It’s cool that the Battle Mode developers have referenced Treasure Planet via badges but I really hope that this one is a sign that Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet will be included the game soon! I know it’s not too likely, but I really hope it happens soon enough. With characters from other underrated Disney movies like Yzma and Kida from Emperor’s New Groove and Atlantis being included in the game. I still hope this means Treasure Planet’s Jim Hawkins will get his chance to be in the game soon. I would really love for that to happen. I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up about it since I’ve been waiting so long for it to happen, but hey I can dream, can’t I?

2 Likes

No. PerBlue makes badges referring to various Disney properties. Except Marvel and Star Wars of course.

There are Gravity Falls badges, TailSpin badges, Disney Junior badges, etc.

But none of these series are likely to come. So… Treasure Planet is still unlikely to come.

Perhaps, but aren’t gravity falls, Disney junior & talespin like TV based? Treasure Planet is a movie. And the majority of Disney movie characters we have in the game right now have been referenced by badges before they were included. But again, it’s just me being hopeful since Jim is just a Disney character that I really want to see in the game.

1 Like

I hope he comes too!! :grin:

2 Likes

Well…

There are badges from

• The Little Mermaid
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • Mulan
  • Finding Nemo
  • Cinderella
  • Pocahontas
  • The Jungle Book
  • Mary Poppins

And there are a lot more

Honestly now that Kida is in the game it seems WAY more likely than it ever was before, as both Atlantis and Treasure Planet after release where quickly shoved in a box by Disney. But Kida marks the first appearance of an Atlantis character in officially licensed Disney media since the direct to DVD sequel that reused all the made elements of the planned TV show. My point? Treasure Planet has been in the same situation for roughly the same amount of time so Perblue showing interest in Atlantis might mean they could also be interested in Treasure Planet.

6 Likes

Whether or not Jim gets added to the game will likely come down to the devs being able to come up with a viable skill set for him.

4 Likes

Which, imo shouldn’t be to hard. Thhe other thing is whether or not Disney will let them…that was Disney’s greatest failure, though idk why everyone hated it… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Possible Reason

They thought the CGI was ugly. After all, it was the 2000s

Edit: Reading reviews from Rotten Tomatoes. They say the same thing.

Have you watched Treasure Planet?? O.o

1 Like

Not exactly, but I have seen the CGI in it

I think it has more to do with Disney’s marketing strategies than people disliking the movie. I, for one, think that the animation was fantastic! I believe this video shows why it was a box office failure. Pretty sure I’ve posted it before, but it still rings true.

WARNING: There is some serious language from the YouTuber in the video, so watch at your own discretion.

2 Likes

Wrong. Mars Needs Moms either is or was for a long time, the lowest grossing animated film to ever hit theaters. And it’s Disney.

1 Like

Mars needs moms was and still the worst movie made by disney

2 Likes

THAT’S NOTHING TO DO.
We have DuckTales and DarkWing.

DH:BM is open to either movies and TV shows, and license is here, otherwise PB won’t be able to make Gravity Falls references. (badges and even mention in friendship mission)

But looking at current characters added (2020): well… from a bit forgotten (in games, at least) movies there’s chance to add Treasure Planet heroes too.

But I prefer Gravity Falls to join DH.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Not only should Jim join the game, but John Silver and Captain Amelia should be added as well. How awesome would that be?

1 Like

If i was working in perblue i would add them

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney