Upcoming Character Predictions

So ever since that Bowler Hat Guy was added in, I am wondering if we are gonna the other franchises that were in the “FeedBack on Future Heroes” poll! It may be likely we will get these characters this year or next year! Here are the other new franchises that were in that poll:
Amphibia (likely either 2023 or 2024)
The Owl House (likely either 2023 or 2024)
Gravity Falls (likely either 2023 or 2024]
Fantasia (likely either 2023 or 2024)
Encanto (very likely 2024)
Inspector Gadget (Live Action) (likely either 2023 or 2024)
Miraculous: Tales Of LadyBug and Cat Noir (likely either 2023 or 2024)

We don’t have any confirmation yet about when these characters will come out, since Encanto won that poll, it is very likely the characters would come out in 2024! So we just gotta wait and see what happens!

1 Like

Reminder: PB said in the Dev Q&A that even though they included Miraculous Ladybug in the poll, they still have yet to get to Disney to actually approve the idea of adding those characters to DH:BM. In fact, none of the franchises listed in that poll had been pre-approved by Disney before it was made.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting these characters or still including them in predictions. Just pointing out that them being on that poll does not really prove much about whether or not they will come soon (if even at all).

4 Likes

Regarding your timelines mostly including 2023 as a possibility, there’s this line from the initial post that included that poll:

Which makes sense, since the devs have said in the past that it typically takes 6 months to add a hero from initial concept to final approval. I could see shaving maybe a month off of that for a hero with obvious game-ready skills from a franchise that has previously been approved, but that’s about it.

Well, considering Bowler Hat Guy was announced just a couple of weeks after the poll, technically Meet the Robinsons had already been approved before the poll. But given how the Miraculous and Inspector Gadget IPs are owned by companies other than Disney, though, I’m sure getting approval for those franchises will be considerably more difficult.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I was just going by the wording TheGrillFather used.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney